The Razer Onza, makes Halo a Joy.

Got my Razer Onza controller yesterday and I must say it helps me play Halo reach a lot. Especially with the extra shoulder buttons. For me I use bumper jumper, so now I can use equipment on the shoulders too. This mean I can properly use the Jet-Pack. The Sticks and finish also add to my experience increasing my precision ten-fold.

I actually enjoy playing reach again.

P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9rU5uKgy48 I did an Unboxing if you don’t know what the product is.

Any thoughts on this controller?

So how much money did you waste on a “special” controller? >.>

Personally, I’d continue to use default and swap left stick to programmable bumper right side and same but vice versa for the right stick.

> So how much money did you waste on a “special” controller? >.>

There the same price as Offical xbox controllers.

£30 for Standard
£40 for tournament Edition.

In fact I think they may be cheaper. The new -Yoink!- “With its Transformable D-Pad” is like $70 I think.
This is by far the best controller.

Been wanting to get my hands on an Onza ever since it was announced over a year ago. Still haven’t been able to, too many other games being released. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got one the other day too. Its wonderful. Very fluid and precise and the programmable buttons are perfect for Reach. At $50 dollars they don’t cost any more than a standard controller either.

Is it the same size as a regular controller?

Ive been wondering where I can order one. Does any know where I might be able to make the purchase?

> > So how much money did you waste on a “special” controller? >.>
>
> There the same price as Offical xbox controllers.
>
> £30 for Standard
> £40 for tournament Edition.
>
> In fact I think they may be cheaper. The new -Yoink!- “With its Transformable D-Pad” is like $70 I think.
> This is by far the best controller.

Still … Why waste money on “specialized” equipment? >.> Well I guess if you aren’t a technological person like me … I withdraw my question … I want to modify my busted controller … Should ask my friend that is even more a techy than me where to get the parts … a wireless version of this would be better haha

> > > So how much money did you waste on a “special” controller? >.>
> >
> > There the same price as Offical xbox controllers.
> >
> > £30 for Standard
> > £40 for tournament Edition.
> >
> > In fact I think they may be cheaper. The new -Yoink!- “With its Transformable D-Pad” is like $70 I think.
> > This is by far the best controller.
>
> Still … Why waste money on “specialized” equipment? >.> Well I guess if you aren’t a technological person like me … I withdraw my question … I want to modify my busted controller … Should ask my friend that is even more a techy than me where to get the parts … a wireless version of this would be better haha

It’s a gamers controller for gamers who are competitive. Guess you just aren’t :slight_smile: A wireless one is pointless, this is a high grade tournament controller, all about the response time. Wireless has no place here.

Plus my controller was broken. Official < Onza.

> Ive been wondering where I can order one. Does any know where I might be able to make the purchase?

www.razerzone.com/onza

Yes, it’s about the same size.

got mine in the mail… annnd the right thumbstick was broken. and it feels very very cheap. annnnd MLG banned them because of the extra buttons. The triggers are very responsive though so thats a pluss i guess. id prefer an official wired controller anyday though/ the Onza just feels too cheap.

> got mine in the mail… annnd the right thumbstick was broken. and it feels very very cheap. annnnd MLG banned them because of the extra buttons. The triggers are very responsive though so thats a pluss i guess. id prefer an official wired controller anyday though/ the Onza just feels too cheap.

Cheap? I guess you got the standard one.

The TE is rubberised and feels quality. The Buttons are hyper responsive as well.

I’ve been buying Razer products for years on PC. They never disappoint, you’re the first to say it’s “cheap feeling”.
Plus who cares about MLG? You’re never going to go to a tournament and neither am I.

> Got my Razer Onza controller yesterday and I must say it helps me play Halo reach a lot. Especially with the extra shoulder buttons. For me I use bumper jumper, so now I can use equipment on the shoulders too. This mean I can properly use the Jet-Pack. The Sticks and finish also add to my experience increasing my precision ten-fold.
>
> I actually enjoy playing reach again.
>
> P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9rU5uKgy48 I did an Unboxing if you don’t know what the product is.
>
> Any thoughts on this controller?

I would love a controller like this. But i’ll be holding out for a wireless edition seeing out i cannot play with wires, dogs love to chew them. So hopefully they make one.

Since you can adjust your sensitivity on the fly, what do you have your sensitivity ‘officially’ set as in the in game menu?

Last I had checked, MLG had updated their rules and the current rules would allow the Onza. But as was said before, the people in this forum that are going to participate in an MLG tournament are in the minority. Don’t expect a wireless version, MS likes to keep that specific feature to their official controllers, and besides, it’s called a tournament controller, and wireless controllers are not allowed in MLG tournaments.

im fine with default.

> Last I had checked, MLG had updated their rules and the current rules would allow the Onza. But as was said before, the people in this forum that are going to participate in an MLG tournament are in the minority. Don’t expect a wireless version, MS likes to keep that specific feature to their official controllers, and besides, it’s called a tournament controller, and wireless controllers are not allowed in MLG tournaments.

For a tournament grade controller a wireless option wouldn’t cut it. It’s all about response time from razer’s perspective.

Hmm im pretty sure getting a controller with extra buttons isnt considered competitive. Infact its quite the opposite its kinda like cheating. Anyone can be competitive with regular controllers buying special controllers doesnt make you more competetive. thats just silly. Anyways im glad your enjoying your new controller and that its enriching your reach experience! Personally i woudlnt buy one just because i dont need a controller right now, but if i did and it wasnt more expensive then the regular ones i would look into it.

I was going to purchase the Onza but i just opted to get a custom no slow controller instead, and honestly its made a huge difference simple because its no slow.

I would recommend getting a no slow or a Onza controller :slight_smile: