The ranking system

So I was playing ranked team arena with friends. One of my friends usually gets good K/D’s, but he wasn’t on his best game. I was playing very well with positive K/D’s and ending up on the top of the leaderboard almost every game. Yet, somehow, my friend, who wasn’t doing well, got a Diamond rank, and I got a Gold rank.

This does not make any sense to me. I might not fully understand how the ranking system works, but that seems a little faulty to me. I wanted a good rank, yet my friend did worse, but got rewarded better.

Any thoughts?

What was his overall match history? Maybe he played more games than you thus resulting in a better rank.

> 2533274876041679;2:
> What was his overall match history? Maybe he played more games than you thus resulting in a better rank.

We played all ten games together to get a ranking for the Jan-Feb season. Yet maybe he has played more games in the past in different seasons, which may have an influence.

> 2533274874014416;3:
> > 2533274876041679;2:
> > What was his overall match history? Maybe he played more games than you thus resulting in a better rank.
>
> We played all ten games together to get a ranking for the Jan-Feb season. Yet maybe he has played more games in the past in different seasons, which may have an influence.

I’m thinking that is what it is, but don’t quote me on that. Not entirely sure unless I saw the history of both players.

> 2533274874014416;1:
> So I was playing ranked team arena with friends. One of my friends usually gets good K/D’s, but he wasn’t on his best game. I was playing very well with positive K/D’s and ending up on the top of the leaderboard almost every game. Yet, somehow, my friend, who wasn’t doing well, got a Diamond rank, and I got a Gold rank.
>
> This does not make any sense to me. I might not fully understand how the ranking system works, but that seems a little faulty to me. I wanted a good rank, yet my friend did worse, but got rewarded better.
>
> Any thoughts?

I’m thinking it’d his past games perhaps? I can be onyx and get pooped on by golds my first 10 games and could get ranked diamond

Your CSR doesn’t reset when season resets so your CSR from previous season carries over no matter how well you do. Season resets are there so that you play your 10 games to display your rank lol.

> 2533274927130293;6:
> Your CSR doesn’t reset when season resets so your CSR from previous season carries over no matter how well you do. Season resets are there so that you play your 10 games to display your rank lol.

Makes sense. Thanks for the help