the ranking system sucks

I am only an SR16 in Halo 5 while in halo 4 i am an SR34 or something. I absolutley sucked at halo 4. I’m okay at halo 5. I have like 5 times the kills on 5 than i do on 4 yet im only half the rank. In halo 4 i got most of my xp by doing forge cause i was lonely, why did halo 4 forge give so much xp?

As far as I’m aware Halo 5 forge doesn’t give XP ( I haven’t touched the mode in years, maybe that’s not the case anymore).

Halo 5 isn’t difficult to level up in. Just play and you’ll level.
Arena modes usually pay out less XP than Warzone & Firefight modes. If you purely play Arena and place low on the leaderboard each match then you’re going to get less XP.

Honestly SR in Halo 5 doesn’t really mean much. You don’t get anything significant for levelling up.
Halo 5 is all about REQ points which once again you’ll earn more of those in Warzone & Firefight.
You unlock everything through REQ packs, that’s armour, emblems & Warzone weapons.
Levelling up basically gets you nothing and is literally just a number.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> As far as I’m aware Halo 5 forge doesn’t give XP ( I haven’t touched the mode in years, maybe that’s not the case anymore).

Yeah. I don’t think it does. But, likewise I haven’t touched it since shortly after it was released.

> Halo 5 isn’t difficult to level up [XP] in. Just play and you’ll level.

This is correct. The Spartan Ranks (SR) are purely experience based and while the grind to SR152 is a long one all a player has got to do is continue investing time with the game in areas that reward XP in order to keep leveling up.

> Arena modes usually pay out less XP than Warzone & Firefight modes. If you purely play Arena and place low on the leaderboard each match then you’re going to get less XP.

It’s essentially the same for the Warzone environment as it is in the Arena environment. The amount of XP rewarded is (1) largely based on what a particular mode will generally reward per the time investment, but it’s also affected by (2) personal performance; including, (3) where you finish amongst your peers on the scoreboard. At least this is what I’ve been led to believe along with the caveat that the Warzone environment provides the best bang-for-your-buck in earning XP per your time investment. And lastly, players are free to equip XP boosts which can further enhance the total amount of XP that will get rewarded post-match.

> Honestly SR in Halo 5 doesn’t really mean much. You don’t get anything significant for levelling up.

Spartan Ranks certainly mean something, but whether they mean much is really up to every individual to decide for themselves. They simply act as a reflection of the total experience points that have been accumulated by the player. Some people take great pride in their number being a representation of their dedication to the title. For others, they could care less.

As for not getting anything significant for ranking up; well, that’s again somewhat of an “in-the-eye-of-the-beholder” situation since players do unlock “Rank-Up” progression REQ packs and certain ones contain specific emblems that can’t be earned any other way besides reaching the required SR milestone. I’m not quite willing to say it’s not significant because I can’t possible know if some person absolutely cherishes a particular emblem that’s only available by way of earning an SR milestone. If that’s the case then perhaps achieving it proved incredibly significant to them; however, I believe most people find the unique SR-tied rewards quite disappointing.

> Halo 5 is all about REQ points which once again you’ll earn more of those in Warzone & Firefight.
> You unlock everything through REQ packs, that’s armour, emblems & Warzone weapons.

While REQ points are quite important toward buying various REQ packs which lead to unlocking most items they don’t unlock everything. Sorry, just clarifying.

> Levelling up basically gets you nothing and is literally just a number.

Again, clarification:

Leveling up will earn players something: free progression REQ packs with particular milestone packs containing unique emblems. And Spartan Rank is literally just a number that’s intended to reflect a player’s total accumulated experience with the title. To further clarify for those who may not know, it is not a reflection of a player’s TrueSkill.

All the SR means is basically how long you’ve played and what you’ve accomplished… otherwise (like Don said) it doesn’t really mean a whole lot. Unless you want the rewards that go with the rank… but that’s all subjective and a personal preference… nothing more… :slight_smile:

> 2535421430609305;1:
> I am only an SR16 in Halo 5 while in halo 4 i am an SR34 or something. I absolutley sucked at halo 4. I’m okay at halo 5. I have like 5 times the kills on 5 than i do on 4 yet im only half the rank. In halo 4 i got most of my xp by doing forge cause i was lonely, why did halo 4 forge give so much xp?

I wouldn’t recommend comparing between the Halo 4 and Halo 5 ranking system as both of these systems are quite different. One of the most substantial differences is that you can rank up in Halo 4 by playing gamesmodes outside matchmaking like Custom Games, Forge and Spartan Ops. Another major difference is that the Halo 4 ranking system do mainly give out XP for time played while the Halo 5 ranking system gives xp from a more diverse set of factors. If we take Warzone Firefight as an example, you will approximately get half of your xp from time played while the remaining xp is given from other external factors based on the outcome of the match.

i have seen that the SR doesnt really matter, you get everything from the Devil…sorry…REQ system, i cant really compare to other Halo´s cause H5 was my entering to matchmaking, (that if i dont count the 3 games i did on reach lol)

> 2533274921115718;6:
> i have seen that the SR doesnt really matter, you get everything from the Devil…sorry…REQ system, i cant really compare to other Halo´s cause H5 was my entering to matchmaking, (that if i dont count the 3 games i did on reach lol)

haha true, i wish you got things from other things than just reqs.