The Ranking System Is Actually Awful

Playing Breakout for lols
We win 9 games in a row I rank up from once to Platinum 3, all ranged diamonds to golds

We lose Once to two diamonds a platinum and gold I am instantly deranked after just ranking up. And I was never doing badly.

-Yoink- this awful ranking System

The ranking system isn’t great, but it isn’t because you lose rank from losing games. Yeah you deranked for losing the game right after you ranked up, but you will rank back up from one win after that. The problem with the ranking system is that it doesn’t accurately rank players; not that it goes off of win vs losses

I have no idea what rank Once is.

> 2533274912317447;2:
> The ranking system isn’t great, but it isn’t because you lose rank from losing games. Yeah you deranked for losing the game right after you ranked up, but you will rank back up from one win after that. The problem with the ranking system is that it doesn’t accurately rank players; not that it goes off of win vs losses

Agreed, players don’t deserve to gain a ‘skill’ rank because they can grind through tons of games. Skill is based off of performance not matches played.

It does take some grinding to prove you deserve the highest ranking. But, I think the core issue is so many good players are starting and ranking up through the system. Along the way theit rank is not representative of their skill. Give it a few months. It should get better when people are playing at there true rank.

I play a lot of Slayer where the objective is to kill more than you die, but I routinely see people who are ranked much higher than me with a zillion more deaths than kills. As a total n00b in my first 10 games I started at Bronze and struggled to make it out.

The ranking system makes NO sense on any front. I’m actually dumbfounded how nonsensical it is. First it takes notes from Reach Arena - the worst Halo ranking experience to date - to get you initially rated. That is, it factors in K/D and irrelevant stats to the fact of whether you won or you lost, the only stat that should ever matter in a ranking system meant to tell you how good you are at a team game.

Then, it seems to be based all or at least mostly on wins/losses. Like, okay, take a horrendous concept but don’t commit to it. So then, either way, once you’re being matched in the category that means next to nothing due to how it was deciphered, it takes dozens upon dozens of games won IN A ROW to break out of your placement and get to Onyx because it seems to just default most people to Platinum for whatever reason - even if they win all of their games. And, as an anecdote, I just won 14 SWAT games in a row, top of the list every single game, with a couple killtacs, many overkills, lots of triple kills, and tons of double kills - and a super great K/D. I remember in Halo 3 you could get to rank 50 in like 14 games - because that’s what a good ranking system does: it tells you your place as soon as possible with good accuracy. There is no line of logic, twisted or sound, that this ranking system adheres to.

I just want to know if the pro players had input on it, because I would guess not, lest they were entirely ignored.

And this is why I’m already done with Arena. Like, seriously, just copy Halo 3 already. They’ve tried three times to make their own ranking system and have yet to come up with neither anything new nor anything good.