I lose a game to 3 semi pros and 1 onyx, with a 2.1 KD

-8 points

I lose the next game to the same team with a 1.5 KD

-3 points

I win against the same team with a 3.2 KD

+2 points

I lose to them the game after with a 1.8 KD

-28 points

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I agree. This rank system is trash. We wanted the 1-50 system back. Not some rando garbage system.

well we all know 343 and math doesn’t go well. So hopefully thay can take this time to learn how to do simple calculations

Why can’t it just be simple.

Win +10
Lose -10
Tie +5 to each team.

My guess is that the points you gain and lose aren’t only based on your individual performance, but based on your teams performance, as well as your enemy teams performance.

You probably lost the games by a wider margin on the games in which you lost more points.

Maybe you had less assists in those games as well

> 2614366390849210;5:
> My guess is that the points you gain and lose aren’t only based on your individual performance, but based on your teams performance, as well as your enemy teams performance.
>
> You probably lost the games by a wider margin on the games in which you lost more points.
>
> Maybe you had less assists in those games as well

The game I lost 28 points was 49-50

It seems like if you are pushing over a tier one direction or the other, you get a surplus. I got + 87 for going from Onyx 1 to Onyx 2. I think it just provides a little buffer in that regard so you don’t immediately lose that rank progression on your next loss.

Its a beta and right now is the perfect time for us to test this for them. That’s why they had the beta dang near a year early in advance. I applaud them for having a beta this early.

I played all my placements with the same person.
Other than my first game I was 1st place every game. We won all 10 placements.
My friend usually was 3rd or 4th. So my KDA was always better than his
He was placed in Onyx, I was placed in Silver

Explain?

Rank system is total trash. Got an amazing game and still lose because of -Yoink- team mates and I get points taken from me.

> 2533274977634802;9:
> I played all my placements with the same person.
> Other than my first game I was 1st place every game. We won all 10 placements.
> My friend usually was 3rd or 4th. So my KDA was always better than his
> He was placed in Onyx, I was placed in Silver
>
> Explain?

There is a possibility your friend had a lot of assists that you or your team mates ended up getting the kills for. Imagine your friend getting shooting an enemy 90% then you finish it off and technically get 10% for the kill since he did 90% of the damage. I am only guessing but I know assists play a HUGE part in the KDA system and the rank system. If someone puts in 90% of the work it only makes sense for them to be rewarded accordingly. Its another example of how people should not be obsessed with KD.

what i dont understand is that when i look up the service records of golds and onyx they all have megative kd ratios and far less games won than i do. makes no sense

ive ended literally 95% of my games with most kills, most assists, and least deaths

People are to obsessed with k/d rank. I rather it be in the game but for me, don’t care what others think.

> 2564773180660216;12:
> what i dont understand is that when i look up the service records of golds and onyx they all have megative kd ratios and far less games won than i do. makes no sense

Lol. I have the opposite situation. I’m gold but I’m getting matched with onyx and pros exclusively. I’ve seen other gold player only a few times. The strange thing is that everyone always has positive kd, including myself. And usually kd’s are very high. How is that even possible? The average kd should be 1. I’m yet to encounter someone with negative kd.

> 2533274804612779;4:
> Why can’t it just be simple.
>
> Win +10
> Lose -10
> Tie +5 to each team.

+1!

More like…
Game 1 Win +8
Game 2 Win +8
Game 3 Win +5
Game 4 Win +5
Game 5 Lose -25

FUUUUU!!! LOL

I just wish they’d give us the algorithm they are using. Right now, it feels like it is based not only on W/L with a minor influence from personal Performance weighed against skill of the other opponents , but TIME of the match.

It feels random.

I just want 1-50 back.

> 2533274844567514;14:
> > 2564773180660216;12:
> > what i dont understand is that when i look up the service records of golds and onyx they all have megative kd ratios and far less games won than i do. makes no sense
>
>
> Lol. I have the opposite situation. I’m gold but I’m getting matched with onyx and pros exclusively. I’ve seen other gold player only a few times. The strange thing is that everyone always has positive kd, including myself. And usually kd’s are very high. How is that even possible? The average kd should be 1. I’m yet to encounter someone with negative kd.

It’s not a k/d ratio that you are looking at, it’s k+a-d spread. Add up your kills and assists, subtract your deaths, divide by total games played.

Halo 3 ranking system isn’t all that well either. I play a free for all match and come in fifth place and I go up a rank. Baffled me since I essentially didn’t win anything. I thinking ranking systems in general are not that accurate… At least in Halo. Idk know about Halo 2 but I don’t think 2 and 3 are different in that regard.