The Railgun Scope Needs More Zoom

I’m sure I’m not the only one who is confused by this, but how come the Railgun sight doesn’t zoom in more? In game modes such as Warzone you need long-range. Besides, power weapons in Warzone are most useful for taking down AI bosses and enemy vehicles. Fix this 343!

i need a sniper scope on my AR, the longshot isn’t good enough.

I need a sniper scope on my shotgun, brah!

The rail gun is arguably the most well rounded power weapon. It doesn’t need buffed.

It’s not a sniper rifle.

> 2535420373165854;1:
> I’m sure I’m not the only one who is confused by this, but how come the Railgun sight doesn’t zoom in more? In game modes such as Warzone you need long-range. Besides, power weapons in Warzone are most useful for taking down AI bosses and enemy vehicles. Fix this 343!

Not broken…the Rail-gun is not meant to be a sniper, it already instant kills so be ridiculous giving the rail-gun a long range scope.

343 should just add a Railgun REQ that features a scope with more zooming capabilities. Simple, just make it ultra-rare or legendary REQso Irma not “OP” or anything.

> 2535420373165854;7:
> 343 should just add a Railgun REQ that features a scope with more zooming capabilities. Simple, just make it ultra-rare or legendary REQso Irma not “OP” or anything.

Making it ultra rare wouldn’t solve your “problem” because then you would rarely have it and still complain about the standard ones not having enough zoom.

The Railgun is supposed to be a mid-range power weapon. Giving it a longer zoom would just make it another sniper power weapon when there are already 3.

Hell, in Halo 4 the Railgun didn’t even have a zoom and its projectile speed was drastically slower.

Sounds like you want a fast charging Spartan laser without a location revealing beam.

> 2533274843225273;10:
> Sounds like you want a fast charging Spartan laser without a location revealing beam.

That’s what it sounded like to me

The Railgun isn’t exactly supposed to be a long range weapon, actually it is meant to be an anti vehicle weapon. If you are shooting at a vehicle from a long range with a Railgun you can hit it most of the time because of the vehicles’ size. The Railguns’ damage would be redundant if it were an anti personnel weapon because it already outputs more than enough damage to kill multiple Spartans in one shot.

it’s already powerful enough and extremely easy to hit any kind of vehicles. increased zoom would be redundant.

> 2533274801472802;9:
> The Railgun is supposed to be a mid-range power weapon. Giving it a longer zoom would just make it another sniper power weapon when there are already 3.
>
> Hell, in Halo 4 the Railgun didn’t even have a zoom and its projectile speed was drastically slower.

Actually, you could “zoom” with it. While charging you could open the binoculars without halting the weapon, giving you a quick, long range sight opportunity before the projectile fired. Neat little trick.

They need to make it harder to hit people with it. There’s just no dodging that gun for me

> 2533274908070201;15:
> They need to make it harder to hit people with it. There’s just no dodging that gun for me

If they are using the whiplash variant they just have to get close because the rounds have a proximity detonator.

Terrible thread, terrible request.

RG is fine as is.

You should be happy it has a zoom feature in Halo 5. One of the most important aspects of the railgun in Halo 4 was that there was no zoom. You used hip fire or you didn’t use it at all.

> 2533274835072493;3:
> I need a sniper scope on my shotgun, brah!

We all need it mate.

I want a sniper scope on my Hailstorm, I would love to see needles tracking from across the map and super combining into someone…