The radio silence isn't cool

I know it’s the weekend, but more of this radio silence from actual 343 is dumb and going to kill the community. There’s been interviews of everyone not directly involved in halo infinite, but they are meaningless.

I was stoked for halo after watching the demo and I still am, but more and more reading and watching videos, the community is like some people dont like sprint, some people dont like the guns, everyone dislikes the graphics. Everyone’s got a gripe, and all we have seen are excuses. I would rather see a tweet saying they are working on it then oh, the demo was 4 months old.

And again I feel like they are doing nothing right now, I feel like it’s the oh it’s the weekend after the reveal, let’s party, no man it sucked. I might be wrong right now, I could be a complete -Yoink- right now as they are working their -Yoinks!- off but we have a community manager to relay this info right.
No all his twitter is highlighting good things about infinite, like it’s not even damage control its lame.
We’ve all had to work -Yoink- hours before and most of 343 is working from home right now like is this not their life and career, maybe they should get payed less then. I hope they are working hard and see this post and get angry.

No one from 343 has acknowledged the backlash and its embarassing to be a halo fan.

But dont worry come monday after the community turns to more of a wasteland our savior the marketing team will have to get out of bed to tell us everything is alright with a new cover art pic.

EDIT: I was just like really angry and heated thinking about this and I kept writing a super rant.

tl;dr: 343 hasnt made an official announcement regarding any of this, probably because people have lives and do stuff on the weekend.

I just want more insider on how they develop the game and there thought processes when creating the art. Like how they did the sound design videos that was cool, more community interaction even when we are split, do we get a 343 day to play against employees.

Like how Postums was for the halo wars 2 forums, he let people know what was going on and what they are doing on the inside.

It is almost like they are ashamed of what they have made and are too embarrassed to talk about it. I am getting some serious Anthem vibes from Halo Infinite.

Kill the community is a bit of a hyperbole OP. Don’t make this bigger than it is. Sure, the community is up in arms at this moment and response to the demo is sub optimal to out it very mildly but we should all try to be a bit more grounded in how we act now.

That being said: reactions so far are bad. Even the media is divided and is talking about our reactions instead of the game. That’s not good. 343i and MS told journalists they’re confident in what they’re doing but I bet there is a bit of panic behind the scenes now.

343i and/or Microsoft would be wise to adress the demo on Monday. Just be honest about what we saw. Was it an old build? In what way is it representative of the actual game? Show us how the game looks now. Screenshots are fine. Not full on damage control but simply being transparent about this situation and give more info on the things we saw (new weapons, the way AI can apparently grab different weapons and react to where you shoot them etc). That’s it.

Also no need to be embarrassed as a Halo fan. Save your embarrassment for truly important stuff.

> 2674012278771805;3:
> Kill the community is a bit of a hyperbole OP. Don’t make this bigger than it is. Sure, the community is up in arms at this moment and response to the demo is sub optimal to out it very mildly but we should all try to be a bit more grounded in how we act now.
>
> That being said: reactions so far are bad. Even the media is divided and is talking about our reactions instead of the game. That’s not good. 343i and MS told journalists they’re confident in what they’re doing but I bet there is a bit of panic behind the scenes now.
>
> 343i and/or Microsoft would be wise to adress the demo on Monday. Just be honest about what we saw. Was it an old build? In what way is it representative of the actual game? Show us how the game looks now. Screenshots are fine. Not full on damage control but simply being transparent about this situation and give more info on the things we saw (new weapons, the way AI can apparently grab different weapons and react to where you shoot them etc). That’s it.
>
> Also no need to be embarrassed as a Halo fan. Save your embarrassment for truly important stuff.

You right, I did get a bit heated, but to be a complete hypocrite I’ve been sitting around all weekend too surfing the forums and YouTube.
I’ve been inside for too long. :frowning:
Sometimes you just need a little chaotic nuetral.

> 2533274848663644;1:
> I know it’s the weekend, but more of this radio silence from actual 343 is dumb and going to kill the community. There’s been interviews of everyone not directly involved in halo infinite, but they are meaningless.
>
> I was stoked for halo after watching the demo and I still am, but more and more reading and watching videos, the community is like some people dont like sprint, some people dont like the guns, everyone dislikes the graphics. Everyone’s got a gripe, and all we have seen are excuses. I would rather see a tweet saying they are working on it then oh, the demo was 4 months old.
>
> And again I feel like they are doing nothing right now, I feel like it’s the oh it’s the weekend after the reveal, let’s party, no man it sucked. I might be wrong right now, I could be a complete -Yoink- right now as they are working their -Yoinks!- off but we have a community manager to relay this info right.
> No all his twitter is highlighting good things about infinite, like it’s not even damage control its lame.
> We’ve all had to work -Yoink- hours before and most of 343 is working from home right now like is this not their life and career, maybe they should get payed less then. I hope they are working hard and see this post and get angry.
>
> **No one from 343 has acknowledged the backlash and its embarassing to be a halo fan.**But dont worry come monday after the community turns to more of a wasteland our savior the marketing team will have to get out of bed to tell us everything is alright with a new cover art pic.

Tbh we should meme the radio silence just like we memed that Craig thing (seriously, that was meant to be a brute?). 343 responded to Craig so maybe if we meme the radio silence they will respond to that too.

There’s a lot of information about the game that wasn’t included in the demo. You just need to know where to look.
Press have had interviews with 343 about infinite and clarified a lot of details.

As for why there has been no response go backlash, firstly they need time for people to cool off a little. Secondly, crafting a PR statement to address all the issues people have can take time. We’ll likely see something in the next community update. Sit tight, information will come.

Two things:

1. They’re working on a response but carefully thinking about their response. Microsoft is a publicly held company and have whole departments that work on this type of thing.
  2. By not responding we know we have something bad a… to show you at a later point… Shows weakness to respond.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes political content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535461330364523;7:
> Two things:
>
> 1. They’re working on a response but carefully thinking about their response. Microsoft is a publicly held company and have whole departments that work on this type of thing.
> 2. By not responding we know we have something bad a… to show you at a later point… Shows weakness to respond.

Point 2 sounds like something from Donald Trump lol. I swear when the BLM protests started he basically said point 2 in a call with governors. I think most people would agree that is the wrong approach.

We are supposed to be getting more updates in the coming weeks (or month) on multiplayer, right? Instead of making a separate statement in advance of that, perhaps they should the next Infinite update opportunity (which should be on MP) to address some of the common questions/concerns regarding the campaign demo. They might be considering something like this since it would be a less “reactive” statement that reeks of damage control.

> 2533274865778947;6:
> crafting a PR statement to address all the issues people have can take time. We’ll likely see something in the next community update. Sit tight, information will come.

> 2535461330364523;7:
> Two things:
>
> 1. They’re working on a response but carefully thinking about their response. Microsoft is a publicly held company and have whole departments that work on this type of thing.
> 2. By not responding we know we have something bad a… to show you at a later point… Shows weakness to respond.

They had five years to decide what to show and say. I would love to know when the footage was made, and the thought process behind all the decisions. I would be amazed if everyone un-ironically thought it was good and did not expect to do damage control after it. I wonder if Microsoft feels how EA felt about Anthem right now.

> 2533274819683252;10:
> > 2533274865778947;6:
> > crafting a PR statement to address all the issues people have can take time. We’ll likely see something in the next community update. Sit tight, information will come.
>
>
>
> > 2535461330364523;7:
> > Two things:
> >
> > 1. They’re working on a response but carefully thinking about their response. Microsoft is a publicly held company and have whole departments that work on this type of thing.
> > 2. By not responding we know we have something bad a… to show you at a later point… Shows weakness to respond.
>
> They had five years to decide what to show and say. I would love to know when the footage was made, and the thought process behind all the decisions. I would be amazed if everyone un-ironically thought it was good and did not expect to do damage control after it. I wonder if Microsoft feels how EA felt about Anthem right now.

Has been confirmed by multiple sources during the interviews that the build was about 4/5 Months old.

As for they’ve had years to decide what to say. Kind of impossible to predict what people’s reaction will be. It’s all about patience, everyone wants answers here and now. That’s not how life works unfortunately

> 2674012278771805;3:
> Kill the community is a bit of a hyperbole OP. Don’t make this bigger than it is. Sure, the community is up in arms at this moment and response to the demo is sub optimal to out it very mildly but we should all try to be a bit more grounded in how we act now.
>
> That being said: reactions so far are bad. Even the media is divided and is talking about our reactions instead of the game. That’s not good. 343i and MS told journalists they’re confident in what they’re doing but I bet there is a bit of panic behind the scenes now.
>
> 343i and/or Microsoft would be wise to adress the demo on Monday. Just be honest about what we saw. Was it an old build? In what way is it representative of the actual game? Show us how the game looks now. Screenshots are fine. Not full on damage control but simply being transparent about this situation and give more info on the things we saw (new weapons, the way AI can apparently grab different weapons and react to where you shoot them etc). That’s it.
>
> Also no need to be embarrassed as a Halo fan. Save your embarrassment for truly important stuff.

killing a part of the community isnt though. Hes not making it bigger than it is, the fans that like the advanced movement playstyle will play the game no matter what, dont worry about them, worry that youtubers, players who play other games instead of only Halo, news reporters etc all say that the presentation was a letdown and not something you want to showcase when marketing a game and a new console, and they are right. You said it yourself.

P.S. im embarrassed as a Halo fan

> 2533274843630494;12:
> > 2674012278771805;3:
> > Kill the community is a bit of a hyperbole OP. Don’t make this bigger than it is. Sure, the community is up in arms at this moment and response to the demo is sub optimal to out it very mildly but we should all try to be a bit more grounded in how we act now.
> >
> > That being said: reactions so far are bad. Even the media is divided and is talking about our reactions instead of the game. That’s not good. 343i and MS told journalists they’re confident in what they’re doing but I bet there is a bit of panic behind the scenes now.
> >
> > 343i and/or Microsoft would be wise to adress the demo on Monday. Just be honest about what we saw. Was it an old build? In what way is it representative of the actual game? Show us how the game looks now. Screenshots are fine. Not full on damage control but simply being transparent about this situation and give more info on the things we saw (new weapons, the way AI can apparently grab different weapons and react to where you shoot them etc). That’s it.
> >
> > Also no need to be embarrassed as a Halo fan. Save your embarrassment for truly important stuff.
>
> killing a part of the community isnt though. Hes not making it bigger than it is, the fans that like the advanced movement playstyle will play the game no matter what, dont worry about them, worry that youtubers, players who play other games instead of only Halo, news reporters etc all say that the presentation was a letdown and not something you want to showcase when marketing a game and a new console, and they are right. You said it yourself.
>
> P.S. im embarrassed as a Halo fan

But it still isn’t ‘killing’ the community. It’s causing divide and turmoil and those are different things. Be embarrassed all you want I just think that’s overreacting to something that’s isn’t that important.

I have no gripes, very excited for this game.

You’re not speaking for everyone. 343 knows they have loads of happy fans too that are excited, so they don’t need to prepare anything. This game will have record number if downloads on game pass.

> 2533274865778947;11:
> > 2533274819683252;10:
> > They had five years to decide what to show and say. I would love to know when the footage was made, and the thought process behind all the decisions. I would be amazed if everyone un-ironically thought it was good and did not expect to do damage control after it. I wonder if Microsoft feels how EA felt about Anthem right now.
>
> **Has been confirmed by multiple sources during the interviews that the build was about 4/5 Months old.**As for they’ve had years to decide what to say. Kind of impossible to predict what people’s reaction will be. It’s all about patience, everyone wants answers here and now. That’s not how life works unfortunately

Do you mind posting some of those sources, because the answers were not on the first online search page I went to.

> 2674012278771805;13:
> > 2533274843630494;12:
> > > 2674012278771805;3:
> > > Kill the community is a bit of a hyperbole OP. Don’t make this bigger than it is. Sure, the community is up in arms at this moment and response to the demo is sub optimal to out it very mildly but we should all try to be a bit more grounded in how we act now.
> > >
> > > That being said: reactions so far are bad. Even the media is divided and is talking about our reactions instead of the game. That’s not good. 343i and MS told journalists they’re confident in what they’re doing but I bet there is a bit of panic behind the scenes now.
> > >
> > > 343i and/or Microsoft would be wise to adress the demo on Monday. Just be honest about what we saw. Was it an old build? In what way is it representative of the actual game? Show us how the game looks now. Screenshots are fine. Not full on damage control but simply being transparent about this situation and give more info on the things we saw (new weapons, the way AI can apparently grab different weapons and react to where you shoot them etc). That’s it.
> > >
> > > Also no need to be embarrassed as a Halo fan. Save your embarrassment for truly important stuff.
> >
> > killing a part of the community isnt though. Hes not making it bigger than it is, the fans that like the advanced movement playstyle will play the game no matter what, dont worry about them, worry that youtubers, players who play other games instead of only Halo, news reporters etc all say that the presentation was a letdown and not something you want to showcase when marketing a game and a new console, and they are right. You said it yourself.
> >
> > P.S. im embarrassed as a Halo fan
>
> But it still isn’t ‘killing’ the community. It’s causing divide and turmoil and those are different things. Be embarrassed all you want I just think that’s overreacting to something that’s isn’t that important.

i think completely changing the formula of an Iconic game (and thats an understatement) is very, very much important…

> 2533274819683252;15:
> > 2533274865778947;11:
> > > 2533274819683252;10:
> > > They had five years to decide what to show and say. I would love to know when the footage was made, and the thought process behind all the decisions. I would be amazed if everyone un-ironically thought it was good and did not expect to do damage control after it. I wonder if Microsoft feels how EA felt about Anthem right now.
> >
> > **Has been confirmed by multiple sources during the interviews that the build was about 4/5 Months old.**As for they’ve had years to decide what to say. Kind of impossible to predict what people’s reaction will be. It’s all about patience, everyone wants answers here and now. That’s not how life works unfortunately
>
> Do you mind posting some of those sources, because the answers were not on the first online search page I went to.

I’ll find them when I get back home. I’ll update this post with the links soon. Check back later in the day and I should add them in for you.

EDIT:

Alanah Pearce 343i Interview feedback is found hereInside Gaming Feedback/Discussion is found hereParris Interview & Feedback is found hereDigital Foundry graphical breakdown is found herepure Xbox article here

> 2533274848663644;1:
> I know it’s the weekend, but more of this radio silence from actual 343 is dumb and going to kill the community. There’s been interviews of everyone not directly involved in halo infinite, but they are meaningless.
>
> I was stoked for halo after watching the demo and I still am, but more and more reading and watching videos, the community is like some people dont like sprint, some people dont like the guns, everyone dislikes the graphics. Everyone’s got a gripe, and all we have seen are excuses. I would rather see a tweet saying they are working on it then oh, the demo was 4 months old.
>
> And again I feel like they are doing nothing right now, I feel like it’s the oh it’s the weekend after the reveal, let’s party, no man it sucked. I might be wrong right now, I could be a complete -Yoink- right now as they are working their -Yoinks!- off but we have a community manager to relay this info right.
> No all his twitter is highlighting good things about infinite, like it’s not even damage control its lame.
> We’ve all had to work -Yoink- hours before and most of 343 is working from home right now like is this not their life and career, maybe they should get payed less then. I hope they are working hard and see this post and get angry.
>
> **No one from 343 has acknowledged the backlash and its embarassing to be a halo fan.**But dont worry come monday after the community turns to more of a wasteland our savior the marketing team will have to get out of bed to tell us everything is alright with a new cover art pic.

I for one like the graphics. Some surfaces and armor sets in the demo look very clean and suspiciously spotless for a battlefield but hopefully there is an explanation for that. Plus we’re getting ray tracing in the future on a console! We should be grateful towards AMD, Microsoft and 343 i. to be able to pull that off seeing how screwed up things are in the world right now.

> 2533274848663644;1:
> this radio silence from actual 343 is dumb and going to kill the community.

This has to be the most dramatic statement i have ever heard, how will it kill the community?
There are statements made by employees at Xbox Game Studios, as well as 343 employees.
Relax now and try not to escalate one issue into becoming another one.

Well, let’s see:

• 343 has a track record of making excuses, blaming the community, and not taking accountability

-Rumors of a dysfunctional work environment at 343 with many key people leaving throughout Halo Infinite’s development

The Result: A demo that lacks polish and has many technical deficiencies. And 343 has not acknowledged these deficiencies and continues to be slient/blame the haters.

Given their track record, I can’t say I am super surprised to be honest.

Check this Out: Multiple 343 employees supported this post, which is basically saying that if you don’t love the game you aren’t a Halo fan. Really bogus.