The Quoting Trap

This is something I’m aware of, so I just wanted to make it known

Whenever I quote someone and type normaly in the reply, if you ever back space to delete all your characters (or highlight delete), you are then warped into the user’s Quote. Once my typing cursor is inside their Quote, I can’t click outside their Quote to type the reply in the space below. If you don’t understand, I want you guys to quote anyone, then delete all your characters, which should take your cursor up into their Quote and try clicking out into the empty space.

> 2533274821174589;1:
> This is something I’m aware of, so I just wanted to make it known
>
> Whenever I quote someone and type normaly in the reply, if you ever back space to delete all your characters (or highlight delete), you are then warped into the user’s Quote. Once my typing cursor is inside their Quote, I can’t click outside their Quote to type the reply in the space below. If you don’t understand, I want you guys to quote anyone, then delete all your characters, which should take your cursor up into their Quote and try clicking out into the empty space.

Nope. Worked fine for me.

> 2533274960439808;2:
> > 2533274821174589;1:
> > This is something I’m aware of, so I just wanted to make it known
> >
> > Whenever I quote someone and type normaly in the reply, if you ever back space to delete all your characters (or highlight delete), you are then warped into the user’s Quote. Once my typing cursor is inside their Quote, I can’t click outside their Quote to type the reply in the space below. If you don’t understand, I want you guys to quote anyone, then delete all your characters, which should take your cursor up into their Quote and try clicking out into the empty space.
>
>
> Nope. Worked fine for me. Really, I’m pasting this in your Quote. I cut and paste, I’m literally Spamming my way into my reply space, but the Cursor wont show. When I type, it will be in your Quote once everything is deleted in my Space. I’m not crazy lol

Ok this is annoying, Editing allows me a second chance, but if I ever remove everything I typed, it will still go into that person’s Quote. Anyone have this problem, mods, forum team …anyone with a soultion or is this going to be a WIP?

> 2533274821174589;3:
> > 2533274960439808;2:
> > > 2533274821174589;1:
> > > This is something I’m aware of, so I just wanted to make it known
> > >
> > > Whenever I quote someone and type normaly in the reply, if you ever back space to delete all your characters (or highlight delete), you are then warped into the user’s Quote. Once my typing cursor is inside their Quote, I can’t click outside their Quote to type the reply in the space below. If you don’t understand, I want you guys to quote anyone, then delete all your characters, which should take your cursor up into their Quote and try clicking out into the empty space.
> >
> >
> >
> > Nope. Worked fine for me. Really, I’m pasting this in your Quote. I cut and paste, I’m literally Spamming my way into my reply space, but the Cursor wont show. When I type, it will be in your Quote once everything is deleted in my Space. I’m not crazy lol
>
>
> Ok this is annoying, Editing allows me a second chance, but if I ever remove everything I typed, it will still go into that person’s Quote. Anyone have this problem, mods, forum team …anyone with a soultion or is this going to be a WIP?

There is a button you can select called source code. This button lets you see everything in it base form. (In BB code)
Meaning you can either delete the quote and start again or make spaces under it.

I just tried it. Had the problem you described and fixed it.

> 2533274836874363;4:
> > 2533274821174589;3:
> > > 2533274960439808;2:
> > > > 2533274821174589;1:
> > > > This is something I’m aware of, so I just wanted to make it known
> > > >
> > > > Whenever I quote someone and type normaly in the reply, if you ever back space to delete all your characters (or highlight delete), you are then warped into the user’s Quote. Once my typing cursor is inside their Quote, I can’t click outside their Quote to type the reply in the space below. If you don’t understand, I want you guys to quote anyone, then delete all your characters, which should take your cursor up into their Quote and try clicking out into the empty space.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Nope. Worked fine for me. Really, I’m pasting this in your Quote. I cut and paste, I’m literally Spamming my way into my reply space, but the Cursor wont show. When I type, it will be in your Quote once everything is deleted in my Space. I’m not crazy lol
> >
> >
> >
> > Ok this is annoying, Editing allows me a second chance, but if I ever remove everything I typed, it will still go into that person’s Quote. Anyone have this problem, mods, forum team …anyone with a soultion or is this going to be a WIP?
>
>
> There is a button you can select called source code. This button lets you see everything in it base form. (In BB code)
> Meaning you can either delete the quote and start again or make spaces under it.
>
> I just tried it. Had the problem you described and fixed it.

hm ok, it’s way better than nothing. I used Source Code before, but didn’t know what it was for. This helps the “trap” problem I’ve had… thanks

Yeah I have this issue on the mobile version of the site. It happens any time I put a space after a word.

Mobile version doesn’t have a option to view the source either.

> 2551369610336916;6:
> Yeah I have this issue on the mobile version of the site. It happens any time I put a space after a word.
>
> Mobile version doesn’t have a option to view the source either.

The mobile version seems to have been downgraded with the update. I have to input hyperlinks manually instead of it being done automatically. Hopefully in the future, waypoint can add more features to mobile version.

> 2551369610336916;6:
> Yeah I have this issue on the mobile version of the site. It happens any time I put a space after a word.
>
> Mobile version doesn’t have a option to view the source either.

Yea only solution to the “trap” then on mobile devices is to restart the page.

If you wanted to save what you wrote, you copy it and paste it into the page after you restarted it.

This can be an alternate method also if the source code button doesnt appear for you PC users also.

Yeah I thought of copy and paste when I was talking to a friend about it. Just tried it this morning and it gives me a pop up saying to use ctrl+v or cmd+v when pasting. The pop-up runs off the screen so I’m not able to close it and have to refresh to fix it.

Hopefully it’s fixed soon. Still loving the new look of waypoint though.

The problem you guys are witnessing is a web browser issue that website developers can’t usually do anything about. Website developers can tell your browser to put a rich-text editor on the page, but the browser itself decides how that editor behaves. Let’s just say that browsers have a long way to go on that front. :\

If you have issues, use the source view to type your post in typical BBCode. For those who can’t find it, it’s the “[/]” button.

If they add source to mobile and fix the pasting issue it wouldn’t be a problem for me anymore.

To quote on mobile you will have to type your reply then quote the post.

I don’t like how you can edit someone’s quote. That needs fixed.

> 2533274999277194;13:
> I don’t like how you can edit someone’s quote.

Oh that is so you can take specific statements and concentrate on that.