The Pulse Grenade

I don’t see any talk about this, so I might as well bring this up. When watching the newest vidoc, A Hero Reborn, it appears that the pulse grenade is returning.
Image: http://gyazo.com/ac48e6e68c2f51d4df4c974242e30f9b (about 0:43 in the vidoc)
Seeing as most of the Promethean weapons are returning, to me this isn’t a surprise.
However, all of the Promethean weapons seem to work differently in Halo 5 than they have in Halo 4 so they are more unique and different weapons, unlike in Halo 4 where they weren’t very useful.
From what I’ve seen, it looks like the Boltshot has tracking on it and is a burst-shot weapon rather than single-shot as well as no charge.
The Suppressor also seems to have tracking on it, and have a building rate of fire, firing slow at first and then speeds up the longer you hold the trigger. Also appears to do more damage.
Lightrifle is just overall more powerful than the Halo 4 version, but it seems to have a slightly slower fire rate.
The Incineration Cannon is different. I haven’t seen much gameplay of a player using it, but it seems to have a charge kind of function instead to it’s one shot overpowered projectile in Halo 4. I haven’t seen much gameplay in order to tell how it functions.
I haven’t seen any gameplay of the Binary Rifle or Scattershot, and I don’t know if they are in the game(although, they most likely are).

Anyways, let me get to the point. From what has been seen so far, all the Promethean weapons seem to be more of unique, more effective and useful with these changes to how they work. The pulse grenade in Halo 4 was pretty useless and no one really used them. To me, it seemed like a slight obstacle.
“Oh no, an orb that can hurt me. No problem. I can just walk around it and kill the guy who threw it.”
Not to mention you can still shoot through the orb. It was pretty weak and overall ineffective. I can’t remember myself ever getting kills with that whenever I used it in multiplayer.

So since it looks like 343 are trying to increase how effective the Promethean weaponry is compared to Halo 4, I’m hoping they made some changes to how to the pulse grenade’s effectiveness. I haven’t seen any gameplay of the pulse grenade in action, but it looks like it’s going to be back in the game.

So, what are your thoughts on the Pulse Grenade’s return and how you think it can be improved/altered compared to Halo 4?

They were actually quite useful when playing Capture the flag, or use them in a corridor.
Every weapon was useful, you just had to find where they were useful.
I’d like for them to no longer be in the game to be honest, I disliked them. As well as the fire grenade, or the spike grenade, from the previous games.
I like the sticky, and the frag grenades, they are fantastic in their opposition, and do well when used. No need for any more.

Thinking from Spartan strike, pulse grenades will have added damage to vehicles and stationary guns like the shade turrent.

Halo 5: Guardians confirmed Forerunner Armaments:

• Boltshot - Burst-Fire - Suppressor - Automatic - Scattershot - Ricochet - Light Rifle - Alternate Precision - Incineration Canon - Charge - Pulse Grenade - Vampiric Grenade? - Splinter Turret - Explosive - Forerunner Phaeton - VehicleUnconfirmed: Binary Rifle

I’m quite excited to see the Promethean weapons come back better than they were in Halo 4. They were very difficult to use in multiplayer and ineffective in campaign at most times. I can see why they were difficult to use but the were SO inconvenient that I chose the option of getting kills more consistently over using cooler weapons.

Great post OP.

> 2533274867600436;5:
> I’m quite excited to see the Promethean weapons come back better than they were in Halo 4. They were very difficult to use in multiplayer and ineffective in campaign at most times. I can see why they were difficult to use but the were SO inconvenient that I chose the option of getting kills more consistently over using cooler weapons.

I have a hard time believing you never found the Promethean weapons hard to use in Campaign due to they were what you mostly used and how effective the Binary Rifle, Canon, scattershot and Light rifle was. Did you play on Legendary? Because that’s how you get good with ll weapons.

If it is redesigned and more effective, I would definitely use it and I hope it is. Like you said it was pretty ineffective.

> 2533274842166627;6:
> Great post OP.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274867600436;5:
> > I’m quite excited to see the Promethean weapons come back better than they were in Halo 4. They were very difficult to use in multiplayer and ineffective in campaign at most times. I can see why they were difficult to use but the were SO inconvenient that I chose the option of getting kills more consistently over using cooler weapons.
>
>
> I have a hard time believing you never found the Promethean weapons hard to use in Campaign due to they were what you mostly used and how effective the Binary Rifle, Canon, scattershot and Light rifle was. Did you play on Legendary? Because that’s how you get good with ll weapons.

Well I’m mainly talking about legendary or LASO where Hard Light damage didn’t provide the shield break damage that the covenant plasma weapons did or the critical damage to non-shielded opponents that UNSC bullets did. They did good damage but didn’t do good in the specialization categories.

The pulse grenades were indeed VERY useful in H4 especially if set up properly. The vast majority of my grenade kills were from the pulse grenade. Also devastating against vehicles. I lost count of all the triple kills and overkills I have from the pulse grenades.

> 2533274867600436;8:
> > 2533274842166627;6:
> > Great post OP.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274867600436;5:
> > > I’m quite excited to see the Promethean weapons come back better than they were in Halo 4. They were very difficult to use in multiplayer and ineffective in campaign at most times. I can see why they were difficult to use but the were SO inconvenient that I chose the option of getting kills more consistently over using cooler weapons.
> >
> >
> > I have a hard time believing you never found the Promethean weapons hard to use in Campaign due to they were what you mostly used and how effective the Binary Rifle, Canon, scattershot and Light rifle was. Did you play on Legendary? Because that’s how you get good with ll weapons.
>
>
> Well I’m mainly talking about legendary or LASO where Hard Light damage didn’t provide the shield break damage that the covenant plasma weapons did or the critical damage to non-shielded opponents that UNSC bullets did. They did good damage but didn’t do good in the specialization categories.

Oh, I see what you mean now. You make a good point of that. They were kind of like purgatory weapons when it came to how they handled the Halo Sandbox

First, people that say the pulse grenade is useless just didn’t know how to use it. It completely destroyed shields on initial impact to anyone that was in its radius at that time. then it did the same when it actually exploded. I got a ton of kills by throwing it right at someone’s feet then one shot them in the head. Also, giving people an obstacle to have to move around can be a big benefit. I really liked to use them in hallways to give myself time to find cover and let my shields recharge.
The only thing I might change about them is to make them stick to vehicles when they expanded. If they were part of what you got to start with then I would say 2 in stead of 1 like Halo 4, but I don’t know that we’ll have to worry about that.

You could see the icon of it once in The Sprint Season 2. And once I saw that, I became quite happy! The Pulse Grenade is my favorite grenade in Halo.

However, as for how it’ll work in Halo 5, I dunno. While it was quite efficient as a Loadout grenade, it was very situational (great for slowing down people when coming down a hallyway, and pure amazing as a CQB finisher). With it no longer being a Loadout grenade, it can’t be very situational anymore.
I could definitely see the damage it does when you walk through it being greater. And I could maybe even see the bubble be slightly bigger. The activation/collapse damage is completely fine though.

I gotta say I loved them, I wasn’t very good with them but I still thought they were awesome. I hope they come back with maybe a slight power increase.

> 2533274938678576;2:
> They were actually quite useful when playing Capture the flag, or use them in a corridor.
> Every weapon was useful, you just had to find where they were useful.
> I’d like for them to no longer be in the game to be honest, I disliked them. As well as the fire grenade, or the spike grenade, from the previous games.
> I like the sticky, and the frag grenades, they are fantastic in their opposition, and do well when used. No need for any more.

Every weapon was useful, you just had to find where they were useful.
What about the suppresser

Pulse grenades were very underrated. Mostly as a result of the loadout system limiting their use from the outset.

You essentially get two detonations with one grenade and when you have two of them they are great for corralling players as well as baiting them into the secondary detonations. I think the field itself was a little weak and could use some buffs, but otherwise they could be very effective when used correctly. I remember getting an extermination overkill with just two of them and a bit of LR cleanup. First detontation brought their shields low and the secondary detonations killed 3 of them while they were either attacking me or falling back(cleaned up the last one with the LR). It wouldn’t have been possible with frag grenades or even plasma grenades barring some ridiculous clumping.

A little bit of a buff(pehaps even a slowdown effect given the new abilities) and were golden.

I’m terrible with the pulse grenade, but it is certainly more unique than the spike/fire grenades. I liked those grenades too, but both were plasma grenades plus or minus very little to make them not a plasma grenade. I think those other grenades should come back with brutes and maybe have them repurposed to be the ammo for certain brute weapons like some kind of brute plasma launcher (but shooting firebombs).

> 2535440144668599;16:
> I’m terrible with the pulse grenade, but it is certainly more unique than the spike/fire grenades. I liked those grenades too, but both were plasma grenades plus or minus very little to make them not a plasma grenade. I think those other grenades should come back with brutes and maybe have them repurposed to be the ammo for certain brute weapons like some kind of brute plasma launcher (but shooting firebombs).

That would be terrifying lol. I’m excited to see what the pulse grenades do! I was never very good with them, but I didn’t try too hard because if I remember correctly you only spawned with one. WTF!