The Pulse Carbine is completely useless

They should have the regular carbine from halo 3 instead of this crap. It is really rare for someone to get kills with it unless the opponent is oblivious to where you are at and that is pretty much it. You cannot go toe to toe with someone with it, if you do, you are dead, period. I tested this in training and went up against a bot that was using it and completely missed shot after shot. I shot bots with it when they are not looking and manage to get a kill.

The closes thing you can get with the thing is a shield down and that’s it. Like I said before, I rarely see people killing someone with it, hell not even using it. They should just either remove it completely, change it to a plasma rifle, or just buff it. Other then that, it’s pointless using it.

16 Likes

Yeah, it’s by far the worst weapon I’ve seen in Halo ever. Honestly, most weapon suck balls. Almost everything we knew and love is gone, replaced by hot turds.

That’s 343i for you! If they’d be in plumbering, you’d call them to fix a broken toilet an you’d end up with a trashed living room with a busted wall that gives right outside! :laughing:

14 Likes

Its cool if you catch someone out in the open but… 343i made sure to clutter the map. Honestly I want the OG Carbine back.

8 Likes

True, that weapon is awful.

2 Likes

Weapons that work:
BR
AR
Pistol
Sniper
Shock rifle
Rockets
Mangler
Cindershot
Sword
Skewer

Weapons that are close to working:
Needler
Stalker rifle
Hammer
Disruptor
Commando
Bulldog
Heatwave
Sentinel Beam

Weapons that are not working:
Pulse carbine
Ravager
Hydra
Plasma pistol

Is this accurate?

19 Likes

The Hydra works fine. I’ve had a lot of success with it.

I’d also argue the Needler works as well.

But yeah, the Pulse Carbine is extremely disappointing. I don’t necessarily want them to bring back the old Carbine, considering both the Sidekick AND Commando do pretty much the same thing it did. But they need to rework the Pulse Carbine completely. It should honestly drop the tracking in exchange for faster projectiles.

5 Likes

I’ve always missed the CE plasma rifle with the small stunning effect. Maybe that would also give the plasma pistol more of a purpose too.

5 Likes

I agree. Unless the shots have a homing capability like the needler, I really dont see how it can compete with an AR or a BR. Definitely doesn’t fit well in the sandbox as it sits currently.

2 Likes

Sounds right. Sad to see many guns who worked right in the older Halo games and to have that kind of unbalance and pointless changes now (why remove the plasma gun EMP effect?).

2 Likes

Agreed. I have the challenge “Kill 3 enemy Spartans with the pulse carbine in any matchmade game.”

And it’s almost impossible…

It’s pretty okay at depleting shields, but it does literally NO damage to actual health.

3 Likes

I got 4 direct hits on a guy in 4v4 today and it was like he barely took any damage. His shield hadn’t even popped :confused:

2 Likes

Ummm I’m pretty beast with the Pulse Carbine. I do still wish they had the original Carbine as well. Now the weapon I think is awful is the mangler. I can not for the sake of things even hit an enemy with that thing.

2 Likes

They should either rework the pulse carbine to be more like the plasma rifle or just replace it entirely since the stalker rifle is basically a carbine with a 10x scope

2 Likes

The needler is strong, I just think that 343i cluttered map design is why some are having issues with it. Other than that I agree with this list. Throw Hydra in trash tier.

1 Like

The pulse carbine is ok at taking enemy shields down at mid range but it is not good at finishing off one shot enemies.

2 Likes

We need the Covenant Carbine back. That was a great gun. I don’t understand why it hasn’t returned.

It’s a staple, just like the BR and Assault rifle.

5 Likes

The Pulse Carbine tries to solve a problem that doesn’t exist by filling a niche that nobody understands.

Honestly, it feels like it was designed for BTB where extended range is everywhere. We need weapons like the Storm Rifle or the Covenant Carbine in its place for smaller maps.

1 Like

True, the Plasma Carbine is disappointing, the Plasma Rifle and Storm Rifle were better even the Reach Plasma Repeater;

The Covenant Carbine and the Plasma Rifle are iconic, they are guns that is directly recognizable to be Halo guns.

4 Likes

I’m yet to really work the Pulse Carbine out… the only situations I’ve found it effective in… it’s beaten soundly by the AR or Sidekick… which doesn’t bode well.

I don’t understand the Ravager hate… the standard shots is two hit kill and the alternate fire is incredible for area of denial. Don’t even get me started on it’s usefulness against vehicles.

1 Like

Mangler is a one shot plus melee to kill or 2 shots plus a BR burst, it’s solid. It also has bullet drop so you want to use it kind of close range.

1 Like