The Public's awareness of Johns return (Catalog?)

I am curious to know how much the general public knows about the return of Petty-Officer John 117? As seen in the escalation comics it appears that it isn’t a well known fact that John is alive and still fighting, but i don’t know if anyone outside UNSC/ONI is aware of his return. Just curious as this would play a part in Guardians surely?

I doubt it’ll play too much a role in H5. Maybe 343 will be nice and make it so Chief’s return is kept a secret, so that the Halo 3 trailers where the old marine talking about Chief being dead can stay canon.

Honestly I just want more information about what the average person knows about anything. We never get to see anything from an average civilian’s perspective, expect for Sadie’s Story.

Well if normal marines and (seemingly) the entire S-IV class are aware of Halsey being alive it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch if humanity knew of John.
His return would definitely be a propaganda force.

totally agree guy was on a ship of over 15,000 with 500 civs and also aided a battle group over earth. unless the UNSC have a Official Secrets Act on the whole thing i feel it would be impossible and also a detriment to their recruitment drive if they suppressed information of his return

Going by this quote from Halo Escalation issue 8 the public was made aware of John’s return. “If we know there are no other active Forerunners, then there’s no reason to tell people there was ever even one. We’ll play it off as a Covenant attack. An attack that the UNSC fended off via the perfectly timed return of her greatest hero.”

Well cause believe is still canon. The public officially dont know about his return. That doesnt stop word of mouth and rumors other canon say xD

> 2533274836874363;6:
> Well cause believe is still canon. The public officially dont know about his return. That doesnt stop word of mouth and rumors other canon say xD

As I understand it, Believe was never canon.

It was

> 2533274835488730;8:
> It was

How though? This isn’t an official source by any means, but Halopedian’s policy regarding it is as follows “The creators of the campaign were not informed of the story of Halo 3, leading to multiple inconsistencies with the story depicted in Believe, and the game’s story. Due to this, no aspect of the marketing campaign can be considered canon.” I also recall the common consensus being that there were simply too many discrepancies to consider it canon. Is there an official statement?

> 2533274798011936;9:
> > 2533274835488730;8:
> > It was
>
>
> How though? This isn’t an official source by any means, but Halopedian’s policy regarding it is as follows “The creators of the campaign were not informed of the story of Halo 3, leading to multiple inconsistencies with the story depicted in Believe, and the game’s story. Due to this, no aspect of the marketing campaign can be considered canon.” I also recall the common consensus being that there were simply too many discrepancies to consider it canon. Is there an official statement?

Ok let me first say the Halo Encyclopedia has quotes from it in it. Despite all the technical errors it has, its still a source of Canon cause the major info is correct. Plus why put something that isnt canon into the Encyclopedia that was made purely for a guide with Halo Canon.
That confirms some of the trailers 100%
I can give you page numbers if you want. And the trailers it does confirm.

And also in Personal Talks with a 343i employee I got it confirmed.

Here is the quote that relates to that. Cause its a great quote relating to Believe.

> Stuff that Marketing makes is never canon, until we mention it somewhere else :slight_smile: That said, most of the Believe ads are treated as canonical - even the future stuff like the Museum of Humanity (hence it being quoted in the 2011 Encyclopedia, p. 212)

Halopedia refuse to update cause I am actually not allowed to give them the account name of the employee.

All in all believe what you want to believe friend. :slight_smile: I wont force it.

> 2533274836874363;10:
> > 2533274798011936;9:
> > > 2533274835488730;8:
> > > It was
> >
> >
> >
> > How though? This isn’t an official source by any means, but Halopedian’s policy regarding it is as follows “The creators of the campaign were not informed of the story of Halo 3, leading to multiple inconsistencies with the story depicted in Believe, and the game’s story. Due to this, no aspect of the marketing campaign can be considered canon.” I also recall the common consensus being that there were simply too many discrepancies to consider it canon. Is there an official statement?
>
>
>
> Ok let me first say the Halo Encyclopedia has quotes from it in it. Despite all the technical errors it has, its still a source of Canon cause the major info is correct. Plus why put something that isnt canon into the Encyclopedia that was made purely for a guide with Halo Canon.
> That confirms some of the trailers 100%
> I can give you page numbers if you want. And the trailers it does confirm.
>
> And also in Personal Talks with a 343i employee I got it confirmed.
>
> Here is the quote that relates to that. Cause its a great quote relating to Believe.
>
>
> > Stuff that Marketing makes is never canon, until we mention it somewhere else :slight_smile: That said, most of the Believe ads are treated as canonical - even the future stuff like the Museum of Humanity (hence it being quoted in the 2011 Encyclopedia, p. 212)
>
>
> Halopedia refuse to update cause I am actually not allowed to give them the account name of the employee.
>
> All in all believe what you want to believe friend. :slight_smile: I wont force it.

THAT JUST MADE MY NIGHT!!!
Got anymore cool little info to share? I always wanted to know 100 % if Hellspartans were canon in some way or not and even if not they are in my head haha

I don’t ever recall the Hellspartans being acknowledged on any level.