The Prophet of Auto Sales

I made a San’Shyuum owned Car Dealership forge map. This is a semi serious 4v4 multiplayer map and I would love to get some feedback on it. Basically I just want to share this with the community and get your thought’s about balancing the map here.

Here is a preview of the map you can see before you download it.
URL: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/85416c85-1ee4-4856-8f14-ea3527f61ace?gamerTag=AUD3L&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

My Xbox GT: AUD3L
Map Name: “San’Shyuum Auto Sales” (It might be bugged out and be called “4day”)

Oh god man. This takes me back. I haven’t seen goofy and creative ideas like this since my days of playing Halo Custom Edition. Love the concept, clearly a lot of effort was put into the aesthetics, and it shows.

That said, as a serious competitive map there’s some questionable elements.

1. The inaccessible spawns that you drop down from. Now in specific gamemodes like Breakout and arguably some objective gametypes, that’s not inherently bad. In Slayer though, one team could potentially score a few kills then run down the clock by hiding up there. Even still, it removes some of the depth of spawn control.

2. The fact there’s a plethora of Storm Rifles and Plasma Pistols in the spawns. I’m not gonna get into the whole loadouts vs identical starts debate, but one thing is for certain, those are both full fledged power weapons in Halo 5. People shouldn’t be spawning with them.

3. The teleporters leading to the Rockets. Just seems like a bad design choice.

Wow, Thanks for the feedback!

I started off building this map with the specific challenge of, “spawning outside of the main playable area” so I might not change the spawning points however I can change where the teleporters take you. With that said, The feedback you gave me is exactly what I was looking for. I’m not into the professional competitive scene at all, but I want balance in my map. If there are too many “OP” weapons available at spawn I should change them. What weapons would you suggest be available at spawn? SHOULD weapons be available at spawn? Keep in mind that this is built around a 4v4 slayer gametype.

> 2533274962578246;3:
> Wow, Thanks for the feedback!
>
> I started off building this map with the specific challenge of, “spawning outside of the main playable area” so I might not change the spawning points however I can change where the teleporters take you. With that said, The feedback you gave me is exactly what I was looking for. I’m not into the professional competitive scene at all, but I want balance in my map. If there are too many “OP” weapons available at spawn I should change them. What weapons would you suggest be available at spawn? SHOULD weapons be available at spawn? Keep in mind that this is built around a 4v4 slayer gametype.

the only weapons that can be near the spawn are : BR, DMR, Carbine, or maybe the SMG, but nothing tier 2 or higher, just basic loadout weapons. In your map specifically, only 4 weapons, and not the same. Make them choose their weapon of choice.

As for the map itself, it looks cool, but some aspects of playability are questionable. Before you consider this advice, keep in mind this is to make the map 100% matchmaking worthy, so you do not need to do any of this.

Height: the inaccessibility of the upper levels is a problem. If there are any routes up, theyre not enough. There has to be at least 2 ways to go up on each corner, or else camping becomes a legitimate strategy.

Cover: while there may be adequate interference with a players line of sight, partial cover like cars is unacceptable. Personally, I hate the idea of civilian obstacles like cars, benches, or worse, hip high railing shudders. These are a COD feature and i dont feel they belong anywhere in Halo gameplay, however cool they look. Objectively, however, partial cover creates a problem, and that is asymmetric lines of sight, something that causes unnecessary trouble in actual gameplay. For your map, it revolves around a garage theme, so not much you can do there.

Map Flow: The flow is very disorganized, and generally forces people to stay in their spawn, or close to it, as that is the best vantage point. To fix this, create easy pathways to and from spawn, along with high incentives to go near the center of the map and in the most dangerous locations (by placing power weapons there of course).

While you do not have to use any of this advice, I hope I have taught you a thing or two for your next map, if it is slayer specific.

Nice map, well put together, and props for creativity regardless. Nice work.

> 2533274959783086;4:
> > 2533274962578246;3:
> > Map Flow: The flow is very disorganized, and generally forces people to stay in their spawn, or close to it, as that is the best vantage point. To fix this, create easy pathways to and from spawn, along with high incentives to go near the center of the map and in the most dangerous locations (by placing power weapons there of course).

This is all great advice and a possible solution I had for flow was to remove the upper spawn rooms entirely and have players spawn in the middle floor on each end. I will work on flow first and foremost and tweak the guns I have to make it more balanced and fair. I’m not sure if I showed it enough in the video, but there are 6 ways of getting on the top floor (two on mid blue side floor, two on mid red side floor, one on west basement floor and one on east basement floor) Making other ways of getting to the top floor (without man cannons) will be tricky but I will see what I can do.

Awesome feedback! Time to get to work.