The proper way to complain

Hello fellow Spartans and Elites the purpose of this post is to teach some people how to write constructive criticism. Lets have a few examples shall we.

Unconstructive
BTB Sucks (How not to do it)
343 have ruined Halo, they botched something as easy as BTB up, the maps are stupidly small, grenades keep Yoinking killing me because the maps are two Yoinking small. They have literally just killed Halo again, after tonight I’m just going to hand my copy in. Good job 343.

Constructive
Improvements for future BTB maps (How to do it)
At the moment I feel that the maps are two small for a proper BTB playlist, I think this can be improved by making more pathways for vehicles. Also reducing the grenade limit to one might also help to improve the map flow, more cover and sightlines might also be appropriate.

I know some of you need to vent and you only vent because you care about Halo but honestly isn’t it obvious what one out of the two arguments 343 would realistically listen to. There’s no need for unconstructive and violent comments all it does is just annoy everyone, the point of the forums is to discuss not insult and act like below your age (No offense intended).

> 2533274904245048;1:
> Hello fellow Spartans and Elites the purpose of this post is to teach some people how to write constructive criticism. Lets have a few examples shall we.
>
> Unconstructive
> BTB Sucks (How not to do it)
> 343 have ruined Halo, they botched something as easy as BTB up, the maps are stupidly small, grenades keep Yoinking killing me because the maps are two Yoinking small. They have literally just killed Halo again, after tonight I’m just going to hand my copy in. Good job 343.
>
> Constructive
> Improvements for future BTB maps (How to do it)
> At the moment I feel that the maps are two small for a proper BTB playlist, I think this can be improved by making more pathways for vehicles. Also reducing the grenade limit to one might also help to improve the map flow, more cover and sightlines might also be appropriate.
>
> I know some of you need to vent and you only vent because you care about Halo but honestly isn’t it obvious what one out of the two 343 would realistically listen to. There’s no need for unconstructive and violent comments all it does is just annoy everyone, the point of the forums is to discuss not insult and act like below your age (No offense intended).

It doesn’t matter how you word it, the naivety in this forum will prevent users from relay any criticism effectively.

> 2533274820917937;2:
> > 2533274904245048;1:
> > Hello fellow Spartans and Elites the purpose of this post is to teach some people how to write constructive criticism. Lets have a few examples shall we.
> >
> > Unconstructive
> > BTB Sucks (How not to do it)
> > 343 have ruined Halo, they botched something as easy as BTB up, the maps are stupidly small, grenades keep Yoinking killing me because the maps are two Yoinking small. They have literally just killed Halo again, after tonight I’m just going to hand my copy in. Good job 343.
> >
> > Constructive
> > Improvements for future BTB maps (How to do it)
> > At the moment I feel that the maps are two small for a proper BTB playlist, I think this can be improved by making more pathways for vehicles. Also reducing the grenade limit to one might also help to improve the map flow, more cover and sightlines might also be appropriate.
> >
> > I know some of you need to vent and you only vent because you care about Halo but honestly isn’t it obvious what one out of the two 343 would realistically listen to. There’s no need for unconstructive and violent comments all it does is just annoy everyone, the point of the forums is to discuss not insult and act like below your age (No offense intended).
>
>
> It doesn’t matter how you word it, the naivety in this forum will prevent users from relay any criticism effectively.

I fear you might be right, but I do have some hope that these forums can become a pleasant place.

bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.

> 2533274810137925;4:
> bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.

no but the Mods will read your Stevie Wonder posts and lock them lol

fair enough.

Pros
-adds more variety to MP

Cons
-it’s ranked, which by itself isnt bad but…
-it has JIP, which shouldnt be in a ranked playlist
-the maps are ugly. It would have been nice to have atleast one map dedicated for BTB, or have the warzone assault maps added since they are small enough to support BTB.
-deadlock, deadlock, deadlock, recurve, deadlock (This is more an issue with the MP’s map cycle)
-it needs to give more REQ points. 700-800 is too low for how much time it takes.

> 2533274804002413;5:
> > 2533274810137925;4:
> > bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.
>
>
> no but the Mods will read your Stevie Wonder posts and lock them lol

Is it because they can’t handle the truth?

This is definitely a thread I approve of.
I do my best to stay unbiased but it doesn’t really matter when your thread title and OP isn’t as enticing as an emotional one.
Here’s a look at the bad news of what this community is turning out to be.

> 2533274804002413;5:
> > 2533274810137925;4:
> > bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.
>
>

I believe it is already locked now. It was a pointless nonconstructive thread anyway.

> 2533274852660538;9:
> > 2533274804002413;5:
> > > 2533274810137925;4:
> > > bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.
> >
> >
> > no but the Mods will read your Stevie Wonder posts and lock them lol
>
>
> I believe it is already locked now. It was a pointless nonconstructive thread anyway.

Oh boy, here he is. Everybody duck down for cover.

> 2533274798121887;8:
>
> This is definitely a thread I approve of.
> I do my best to stay unbiased but it doesn’t really matter when your thread title and OP isn’t as enticing as an emotional one.
> Here’s a look at the bad news of what this community is turning out to be.
>

How does a poll of 82 people say anything about the community as a whole?

> 2533274798121887;8:
>
> I do my best to stay unbiased but it doesn’t really matter when your thread title and OP isn’t as enticing as an emotional one.
>

I don’t get it, it’s just a poll about how people choose to play the game. Unless you’re implying that “playing to win” is somehow wrong, in which I feel I need to point out the game IS a head-to-head shooter.

I like to use spoiler tags too.

> 2533274944778648;11:
> > 2533274798121887;8:
> >
> > This is definitely a thread I approve of.
> > I do my best to stay unbiased but it doesn’t really matter when your thread title and OP isn’t as enticing as an emotional one.
> > Here’s a look at the bad news of what this community is turning out to be.
> >

>
>
> How does a poll of 82 people say anything about the community as a whole?

> 2533274819302824;12:
> > 2533274798121887;8:
> >
> > I do my best to stay unbiased but it doesn’t really matter when your thread title and OP isn’t as enticing as an emotional one.
> >

>
>
> I don’t get it, it’s just a poll about how people choose to play the game. Unless you’re implying that “playing to win” is somehow wrong, in which I feel I need to point out the game IS a head-to-head shooter.
>
>
> I like to use spoiler tags too.

It was a poll made for HaloWaypoint and knowing the toxicity of this place, I felt it needed a check-up.
Playing to win isn’t inherently bad, but the poll is multiple choice and the results are pretty disheartening.

> 2533274798121887;8:
>
>

> 2533274810137925;4:
> bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.

Its not just about 343 listening, its about making the forums less hostile.

> 2533274804002413;5:
> > 2533274810137925;4:
>
>

Exactly.

> 2533274799135257;6:
> fair enough.
>
> Pros
> -adds more variety to MP
>
> Cons
> -it’s ranked, which by itself isnt bad but…
> -it has JIP, which shouldnt be in a ranked playlist
> -the maps are ugly. It would have been nice to have atleast one map dedicated for BTB, or have the warzone -Yoink-ault maps added since they are small enough to support BTB.
> -deadlock, deadlock, deadlock, recurve, deadlock (This is more an issue with the MP’s map cycle)
> -it needs to give more REQ points. 700-800 is too low for how much time it takes.

Thanks for taking it seriously and being constructive.

The criticism on this forum is getting out of control. It makes it look like everyone just hates the game when in reality many many people are enjoying it. People need to stop being piss baby’s about everything that’s not exactly how they wanted it

> 2533274798121887;8:
>
>

Negatively will always be more enticing to read unfortunately. But we dont need to insulting each other or 343 to get our point across.

> 2533274904245048;14:
> > 2533274798121887;8:
> >
> >

>
>
>
>
> > 2533274810137925;4:
>
>
> Its not just about 343 listening, its about making the forums less hostile.

I don’t see how that’s going to happen. In order to be the slightest bit impressed with this game you had to be HERE all those months before launch where 343 just kept answering ‘no’ to everything fans asked would be in the game or not, lowering your expectations, because I’m seeing a lot of people that still expected split-screen and Forge in the game…

And my question regarding that is, why should they prepare to be disappointed at all? Can’t the game just be good as advertised?

People so believed that their $60 was going towards the best Halo game in a long time, that preorders were through the roof directly following the beta (which to be fair, looked a good deal prettier than the final game…) I’d also wager those preorders consisted of a lot of fans that left the series before, either during or after Reach and even if they weren’t, the series has been around for over 14 years now and there are basic expectations of the series just from word of mouth…

It was 343’s job to deliver what they advertised, which again, they didn’t, and you want the communities’ attitude to improve?

> 2535460843083983;19:
> > 2533274904245048;14:
> > > 2533274798121887;8:
> > >
> > > This is definitely a thread I approve of.
> > > I do my best to stay unbiased but it doesn’t really matter when your thread title and OP isn’t as enticing as an emotional one.
> > > Here’s a look at the bad news of what this community is turning out to be.
> > >

> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274810137925;4:
> > > bore off. 343i wont read anything we say or even if they do read it, they wont fix anything.
> >
> >
> > Its not just about 343 listening, its about making the forums less hostile.
>
>
> I don’t see how that’s going to happen. In order to be the slightest bit impressed with this game you had to be HERE all those months before launch where 343 just kept answering ‘no’ to everything fans asked would be in the game or not, lowering your expectations, because I’m seeing a lot of people that still expected split-screen and Forge in the game…
>
> And my question regarding that is, why should they prepare to be disappointed at all? Can’t the game just be good as advertised?
>
> People so believed that their $60 was going towards the best Halo game in a long time, and preorders were through the roof directly following the beta (which to be fair, looked a good deal prettier than the final game…) I’d also wager those preorders consisted of a lot of fans that left the series before, either during or after Reach and even if they weren’t, the series has been around for over 14 years now and there are basic expectations of the series just from word of mouth…
>
> It was 343’s job to deliver what they advertised, which again, they didn’t, and you want the communities’ attitude to improve?

343 does have a lot to answer for and they do have to regain the trust of some of the community. But they arnt going to be exactly motivated to fix the game if they keep getting insults and in some case’s death threats as feed back.