The Promethean enemies

First of all i think the knights crawlers and watchers look like a really good enemy this isnt a complaint or anything just something i was thinking about and would like to discuss.

These promethean enemies dont feel like they are of forerunner origin they feel more like precursor now i know we dont know what precursor technology looks like or how they they design their weapons well in fact we dont know that the precursors look like themselves to even get an idea of how their design of things would look like but i cant help the feeling that the knights, crawlers etc would fit more of precursor origin rather than forerunner mainly because of the color scheme.

As they all have dark colors of grey and orange and thats how i’ve always pictured the precursors colors to be that as they themselves seem dark and evil beings as forerunners have always been grey and blue, and i just dont mean the colors but how the knights and cralwers look dont seem to be a forerunner look as i said more of a precursor but the watchers do look like they are of forerunner origin they have that look more then the knights and crawlers.

Anyone any thoughts on the enemies.

Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.

> Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.

um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor

> > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
>
> um, yes i know

i thought that The Knights weren’t AI, that they were actual beings, and that only the Crawlers and Watchers were AI’s

> > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> >
> > um, yes i know
>
> i thought that The Knights weren’t AI, that they were actual beings, and that only the Crawlers and Watchers were AI’s

i heard that too, but that they were partially organic but im not too sure.

> > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
>
> um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor

Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?

> These promethean enemies dont feel like they are of forerunner origin they feel more like precursor now i know we dont know what precursor technology looks like or how they they design their weapons well in fact we dont know that the precursors look like themselves to even get an idea of how their design of things would look like but i cant help the feeling that the knights, crawlers etc would fit more of precursor origin rather than forerunner <mark>mainly because of the color scheme</mark>.
>
> <mark>As they all have dark colors of grey and orange and thats how i’ve always pictured the precursors colors to be that as they themselves seem dark and evil beings as forerunners have always been grey and blue</mark>, and i just dont mean the colors but how the knights and cralwers look dont seem to be a forerunner look as i said more of a precursor but the watchers do look like they are of forerunner origin they have that look more then the knights and crawlers.

So all those grey sentinels with orange beams in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were what, illusions?

> > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> >
> > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
>
> Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?

what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)

> > > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> > >
> > > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
> >
> > Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?
>
> what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)

OH MY JESUS GRANDMA, THERE YOU GO. They were built by Forerunners, which means they’re of Forerunner origin.

Holy crap. xD

> > These promethean enemies dont feel like they are of forerunner origin they feel more like precursor now i know we dont know what precursor technology looks like or how they they design their weapons well in fact we dont know that the precursors look like themselves to even get an idea of how their design of things would look like but i cant help the feeling that the knights, crawlers etc would fit more of precursor origin rather than forerunner <mark>mainly because of the color scheme</mark>.
> >
> > <mark>As they all have dark colors of grey and orange and thats how i’ve always pictured the precursors colors to be that as they themselves seem dark and evil beings as forerunners have always been grey and blue</mark>, and i just dont mean the colors but how the knights and cralwers look dont seem to be a forerunner look as i said more of a precursor but the watchers do look like they are of forerunner origin they have that look more then the knights and crawlers.
>
> So all those grey sentinels with orange beams in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were what, illusions?

yes i know they but despite that to me these promethean enemies feel more precursor not just in color but how they look, i just want to have discussion as i said im not complaining in anyway at all there no need to be cocky.

> > > These promethean enemies dont feel like they are of forerunner origin they feel more like precursor now i know we dont know what precursor technology looks like or how they they design their weapons well in fact we dont know that the precursors look like themselves to even get an idea of how their design of things would look like but i cant help the feeling that the knights, crawlers etc would fit more of precursor origin rather than forerunner <mark>mainly because of the color scheme</mark>.
> > >
> > > <mark>As they all have dark colors of grey and orange and thats how i’ve always pictured the precursors colors to be that as they themselves seem dark and evil beings as forerunners have always been grey and blue</mark>, and i just dont mean the colors but how the knights and cralwers look dont seem to be a forerunner look as i said more of a precursor but the watchers do look like they are of forerunner origin they have that look more then the knights and crawlers.
> >
> > So all those grey sentinels with orange beams in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were what, illusions?
>
> yes i know they but despite that to me these promethean enemies feel more precursor not just in color but how they look, i just want to have discussion as i said im not complaining in anyway at all there no need to be cocky.

Sarcasm not cockiness.

Regardless the Forerunner colour scheme has always been grey with either orange or blue highlights. We have no idea what Promethean tech looks like aside from a few brief and slightly vague descriptions in Cryptum.

> > > > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> > > >
> > > > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
> > >
> > > Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?
> >
> > what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)
>
> OH MY JESUS GRANDMA, THERE YOU GO. They were built by Forerunners, which means they’re of Forerunner origin.
>
> Holy crap. xD

for the love of god you really dont get it do you, yes they are forerunner but to me they seem more precursor thats how i have pictured precursor AI’s to look like, im not saying they arnt forerunner of course they are, it’s my interpretation of precursor design, understand?

> > > > > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> > > > >
> > > > > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
> > > >
> > > > Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?
> > >
> > > what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)
> >
> > OH MY JESUS GRANDMA, THERE YOU GO. They were built by Forerunners, which means they’re of Forerunner origin.
> >
> > Holy crap. xD
>
> for the love of god you really dont get it do you, yes they are forerunner but to me they seem more precursor thats how i have pictured precursor AIls to look like, im not saying they arnt forerunner of course they are, it’s my interpretation of precursor design, understand?

I understand completely. I just don’t understand how you can picture the Precursors looking a certain way since they have almost no descriptions anywhere. I also don’t understand how the Forerunners look more Precursors than… Forerunners. It doesn’t make sense.

> > > > These promethean enemies dont feel like they are of forerunner origin they feel more like precursor now i know we dont know what precursor technology looks like or how they they design their weapons well in fact we dont know that the precursors look like themselves to even get an idea of how their design of things would look like but i cant help the feeling that the knights, crawlers etc would fit more of precursor origin rather than forerunner <mark>mainly because of the color scheme</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>As they all have dark colors of grey and orange and thats how i’ve always pictured the precursors colors to be that as they themselves seem dark and evil beings as forerunners have always been grey and blue</mark>, and i just dont mean the colors but how the knights and cralwers look dont seem to be a forerunner look as i said more of a precursor but the watchers do look like they are of forerunner origin they have that look more then the knights and crawlers.
> > >
> > > So all those grey sentinels with orange beams in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were what, illusions?
> >
> > yes i know they but despite that to me these promethean enemies feel more precursor not just in color but how they look, i just want to have discussion as i said im not complaining in anyway at all there no need to be cocky.
>
> Sarcasm not cockiness.
>
> Regardless the Forerunner colour scheme has always been grey with either orange or blue highlights. We have no idea what Promethean tech looks like aside from a few brief and slightly vague descriptions in Cryptum.

why is like that i am getting shot at here, im just trying to have a discussion on the premethean design thats all im not complaining.

> > > > > These promethean enemies dont feel like they are of forerunner origin they feel more like precursor now i know we dont know what precursor technology looks like or how they they design their weapons well in fact we dont know that the precursors look like themselves to even get an idea of how their design of things would look like but i cant help the feeling that the knights, crawlers etc would fit more of precursor origin rather than forerunner <mark>mainly because of the color scheme</mark>.
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>As they all have dark colors of grey and orange and thats how i’ve always pictured the precursors colors to be that as they themselves seem dark and evil beings as forerunners have always been grey and blue</mark>, and i just dont mean the colors but how the knights and cralwers look dont seem to be a forerunner look as i said more of a precursor but the watchers do look like they are of forerunner origin they have that look more then the knights and crawlers.
> > > >
> > > > So all those grey sentinels with orange beams in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were what, illusions?
> > >
> > > yes i know they but despite that to me these promethean enemies feel more precursor not just in color but how they look, i just want to have discussion as i said im not complaining in anyway at all there no need to be cocky.
> >
> > Sarcasm not cockiness.
> >
> > Regardless the Forerunner colour scheme has always been grey with either orange or blue highlights. We have no idea what Promethean tech looks like aside from a few brief and slightly vague descriptions in Cryptum.
>
> why is like that i am getting shot at here, im just trying to have a discussion on the premethean design thats all im not complaining.

I’m not shooting at you. I was just saying that the new Promethean AIs are in line with established Forerunner design and colour scheme.

> > > > > > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
> > > > >
> > > > > Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?
> > > >
> > > > what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)
> > >
> > > OH MY JESUS GRANDMA, THERE YOU GO. They were built by Forerunners, which means they’re of Forerunner origin.
> > >
> > > Holy crap. xD
> >
> > for the love of god you really dont get it do you, yes they are forerunner but to me they seem more precursor thats how i have pictured precursor AIls to look like, im not saying they arnt forerunner of course they are, it’s my interpretation of precursor design, understand?
>
> I understand completely. I just don’t understand how you can picture the Precursors looking a certain way since they have almost no descriptions anywhere. I also don’t understand how the Forerunners look more Precursors than… Forerunners. It doesn’t make sense.

i know i understand we have very little on the precursors as i said that, but i just get the feeling that they would seem precursors im just sharing a bit of imagination a have for the precursors, ok i know it may not make much sense but im trying to explain myself as much as i can.

> > > > > > > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?
> > > > >
> > > > > what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)
> > > >
> > > > OH MY JESUS GRANDMA, THERE YOU GO. They were built by Forerunners, which means they’re of Forerunner origin.
> > > >
> > > > Holy crap. xD
> > >
> > > for the love of god you really dont get it do you, yes they are forerunner but to me they seem more precursor thats how i have pictured precursor AIls to look like, im not saying they arnt forerunner of course they are, it’s my interpretation of precursor design, understand?
> >
> > I understand completely. I just don’t understand how you can picture the Precursors looking a certain way since they have almost no descriptions anywhere. I also don’t understand how the Forerunners look more Precursors than… Forerunners. It doesn’t make sense.
>
> i know i understand we have very little on the precursors as i said that, but i just get the feeling that they would seem precursors im just sharing a bit of imagination a have for the precursors

It’s a little unimaginative to picture the Precursors looking exactly like Forerunners though. /:

I always picture the Precursors looking incredibly advanced, even compared to the Forerunners. It’s hard to describe.

> > > > > > > > > Um, they’re defensive AIs built by the Forerunners. They’re not the actual Forerunners.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > um, yes i know i’m saying they dont seem to be of forerunner origin but feels more precursor
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Okay, let’s assume you’re right. Why are they “Promethean” then?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > what? maybe because they were made by prometheans (who are forerunners)
> > > > >
> > > > > OH MY JESUS GRANDMA, THERE YOU GO. They were built by Forerunners, which means they’re of Forerunner origin.
> > > > >
> > > > > Holy crap. xD
> > > >
> > > > for the love of god you really dont get it do you, yes they are forerunner but to me they seem more precursor thats how i have pictured precursor AIls to look like, im not saying they arnt forerunner of course they are, it’s my interpretation of precursor design, understand?
> > >
> > > I understand completely. I just don’t understand how you can picture the Precursors looking a certain way since they have almost no descriptions anywhere. I also don’t understand how the Forerunners look more Precursors than… Forerunners. It doesn’t make sense.
> >
> > i know i understand we have very little on the precursors as i said that, but i just get the feeling that they would seem precursors im just sharing a bit of imagination a have for the precursors
>
> It’s a little unimaginative to picture the Precursors looking exactly like Forerunners though. /:
>
> I always picture the Precursors looking incredibly advanced, even compared to the Forerunners. It’s hard to describe.

the promethan knights etc to me dont seem to be how forerunner would design combat AI’s or any AI’s i cant put my finger on it, it just dosnt seem forerunner, forget i said anything about the precursors it does seem to be confusing and not make sense.