The Problems with Boarding

Now we all know the successful feeling of boarding a scorpion or wraith that has been giving your team trouble and destroying it. It honestly feels great. But recently, I’ve started to notice that sometimes people can jump out of vehicles before they detonate. Now the vehicle is still destroyed and your job is a little easier, but when you are trying to advance that mantis destruction commendation and there are already so few mantises, it is kind of aggravating when this happens. I’ve had this happen to me multiple times and this is a thing new to Halo 5, so I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem and if 343 is planning on addressing it sometime soon.

While I haven’t noticed people escaping the vehicles I find boarding to be more arbitrary than it used to be. I could be right by a vehicle and not get the prompt to board. For some reason the tanks seem to have this issue the most. Or maybe I suck, I don’t know.

I had that with a mantis as well, I boarded it, grenaded it. And for some reason the player was able to get out while I boarded and avoided dying.

Hardly did it all for nothing by you don’t get any credit to destroying a mantis or getting a kill since they didn’t die

> 2533274812652989;2:
> While I haven’t noticed people escaping the vehicles I find boarding to be more arbitrary than it used to be. I could be right by a vehicle and not get the prompt to board. For some reason the tanks seem to have this issue the most. Or maybe I suck, I don’t know.

I noticed last night i wasnt able to board vehicles as easily as before. I wasnt able to board 2 tanks last night like i used to be able to. And the one time i was successfully i didnt get credit for.

If I’m about to get boarded I’m getting out asap I’m not going to give that guy the kill

Was something changed in the most recent update? I used to be able to jack warthogs and ghosts going full speed. But now I can’t, even under perfect conditions.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> While I haven’t noticed people escaping the vehicles I find boarding to be more arbitrary than it used to be. I could be right by a vehicle and not get the prompt to board. For some reason the tanks seem to have this issue the most. Or maybe I suck, I don’t know.

I’ve been having this issue as well. What I noticed however, is that you have to be a certain angle for the prompt to show up. It gets frustrating knowing that you could’ve boarded the tank, but since the prompt never showed up, you die instead.

I think people hen they see you get close they immediately start trying to exit but i think it should still advance the commendation

spartan laser it.