The problem with the boltshot patch

The problem with the boltshot patch is that the bolt shot still stays a one shot kill. Yah they are reducing the range of the one shot kill significantly, but it will still kill in one shot around corners. The Boltshot has to stay a one shot kill though, because if it doesn’t it is just a close range plasma pistol. I understand why 343 is keeping the boltshot a one shot kill, if they don’t the boltshot will stop being the boltshot. In future halo games the bolt shot should be removed or should lose it’s charge ability, and then the mauler should be added back into the game, because it is not a one shot kill, but is still excellent in CQB. For now though, the current boltshot patch is a step in the right direction.

There’s two different directions the boltshot should/ could take.

If it stays 1 shot kill, then yes it needs its range significantly reduced, which we are going to get. That way its only good within melee-ish range.

Or it keeps its range, but loses its 1 shot kill capability. However, the reason it would differ from the plasme pistol is that the PP takes about 10 shots(?) to kill an unshielded enemy while the boltshot can still 1 single headshot kill an unshielded enemy but still lacks the distance and vehicle immobilization.

either way it doesn’t matter. They want i to be a 1sk, but atleast it can’t outrange a shotty or Scatty anymore which was the primary complaint with the weapon.

Have you tried killing people with shields without charging the boltshot? damn near impossible. The nerfs it needs are the range (can’t be more than scattershot/shotgun), and if that isn’t enough, a 1sk should take the whole clip.

I personally don’t see why it wasnt nerfed further either but.

With this nerf it will actual feel like a secondary last resort weapon. The only problem i had with it was the fact that people were either killing me or taking down my shields at crazy ranges. Now all the people who abuse will have to get really close to even damage you. Besides, one of the main ways that people camp is crouching, and none of us want that removed.

I think the Boltshot would be balanced if the overcharge took the entire mag, and could perform a one-shot kill but only at extremely close range, I mean essentially melee range.

To compensate for this the regular fire on it should be buffed to actually kill in a single magazine, as right now there is practically no reason to use it this way.

> I think the Boltshot would be balanced if the overcharge took the entire mag, and could perform a one-shot kill but only at extremely close range, I mean essentially melee range.
>
> To compensate for this the regular fire on it should be buffed to actually kill in a single magazine, as right now there is practically no reason to use it this way.

The boldshot single shots are kinda useless, you may as well throw a few pebbles at them. That’s probably why 343 industries made the burst functino on it.

hmm, lower the clip size and make it so you can only get 1 charged shot off.?

hey but if you look at it really the most powerful weapon in the game beside the DMR. is the magnum. but thats the greatness of it. its and excellent counter to the boltshot.

and to counter the boltshot. a good ol’hardlight shield will do the trick. not only do they suicide but you just made them look bad.

The Boltshot is the anti-retart weapon.

Only idiots will die from it now.

I can see what you’re saying, OP, but hopefully this nerf will mean that people will have to use it cleverly and not just use it as a shield-stripping tool at medium range - which is where my problems with it lie.

If this nerf doesn’t work, I’ve always thought that the charge ability should do exactly 1 shield’s worth of damage but with the ability to kill through shields i.e. it could only “1SK” weakened opponents, but have a slightly more powerful single shot functionality (~7SK). That way it’s still differentiated from the PP but allows for clever use in CQC situations.

If I were to design the gun, I’d have made it a 7SK single shot, but made the charge function a powerful rapid-fire burst instead of a shotgun-like blast. That way, to get a 1SK, you’d have to track the target effectively instead of just unloading 1 shot into the target’s centre of mass.

I still think the boltshot should be replaced with the mauler.

Do you want them to make the Boltshot so two fully charges kill rather than one? That will make the gun useless. You can kill someone before they get their second fully charged shot charged and shot.

At least the AR will have a chance against the Boltshot. That thing still killed me at medium range. Some players I’ve face were out in the open and oneshot me. It happened pretty quick, but now, I don’t have to worry about the AR range domination. Heck, I don’t have to worry about close quarter combat. Check all corners, and you’re fine.

Good.

See haters? 343 IS listening!

how about increasing the charge time?

I would like the Boltshot to become a pistol version of the BR, but that wont happen.I think what 343 did was the right choice.It still retains its use but limiting its ability to destroy more than a shotgun which was just…no.