The problem with DLC maps for Halo.

Is that i’ll never find them outside the DLC playlist…i don’t really know whats the problem, aren’t the DLC maps selling? in comparison with Black Ops, every map pack i’ve downlaoded for it i’ll find the DLC maps in most playlist’s on day 1, that really gives value for the money.

What point will there be in downloading the 7 upcoming maps when the chance is really small for you get to play them? .
I’ve never played Highlands on BTB, and never stumbled upon Breakpoint in Invasion, or Condemned in TS…
I think there should be an playlist that requires all downloaded DLC to enter! like Mythic for H3.

Premium Slayer & Premium Battle = Noble & Defiant DLC req.

They have pure DLC and some non-DLC maps in the mix.

Also, the 7 remakes (6 multiplayer) will probably be in a revamped Team Classic Playlist.

> Is that i’ll never find them outside the DLC playlist…i don’t really know whats the problem, aren’t the DLC maps selling? in comparison with Black Ops, every map pack i’ve downlaoded for it i’ll find the DLC maps in most playlist’s on day 1, that really gives value for the money.
>
> What point will there be in downloading the 7 upcoming maps when the chance is really small for you get to play them? .
> I’ve never played Highlands on BTB, and never stumbled upon Breakpoint in Invasion, or Condemned in TS…
> I think there should be an playlist that requires all downloaded DLC to enter! like Mythic for H3.

There are two “Premium” playlists that can be used; one for Slayer and one for Objective. These are almost pure DLC-based, with just a tinge of shipped maps. The downside to these is that at any given time, the highest amount of players you’ll find there will probably be somewhere between 800-1,000. It’s still fairly easy to find games, however.

As for them appearing outside the DLC playlists, that’s rare, yes. I don’t think it’s a matter of them not selling well; they’re just only slightly more weighted to appear in normal playlists than other maps. Also keep in mind that compared to Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops has a relative “crapton” of players playing it. People are also less hesitant to buy the Black Ops map packs for whatever reason.

A note about Breakpoint: Good luck finding it anywhere. It’s obviously built for Invasion, and in fact doesn’t play well in Big Team gametypes, so you’ll really only ever find it in the Invasion or Premium playlists. For some reason, though, it’s even rare in those places. It used to be essentially the only map played in the Noble Map Pack playlist, but ever since that playlist was dissolved, it’s a rare and fun opportunity to play a good game of Invasion on Breakpoint.

i think you will find the remade classic maps that are coming out much more often than the current DLC because there will be a lot more people buying the CE remake than people who bought the first two map packs.

ah didn’t know about the Premium playlist’s, thanks.
whish i could play BTB on Highlands…