The Problem With Bringing Back Paid DLC

Okay, there might be a post like this already, but I haven’t seen any, so here goes.

I’ve seen a lot about how people hate microtransactions, and want them gone, even if it means bringing back paid dlc, they would gladly do it (Which is absolutely ridiculous, but w/e). There’s a problem with this, though. If they listened to these kinds of comments and ditched microtransactions and brought back a Halo 4 style of DLC, it’d become just like that: Halo 4.

Do you remember when the first DLCs came out and you were excited and got them, ready to play mp on these new maps? You find out later that there’s only one playlist for these maps, meaning no personalized play (swat, slayer, etc). Then these playlists just disappear. Now you had these maps that you paid for that have become worthless. And since your friends didn’t buy the maps, you can’t even play it with them. Now they couldn’t just phase them into the normal map rotation, bc not everyone had them. So it gets complicated. With free dlc, everyone gets it, so it won’t be wasted.

Now I definitely don’t think that REQ packs are the best things, believe me. I think it could’ve been done a lot better, but it’s the prototype. This was an expirement to improve their game.

TL;DR - PAID DLC BRINGS MAPS THAT CANNOT BE PHASED INTO EVERY NORMAL PLAYLIST, MEANING MAP PACKS ARE WORTHLESS.