The Problem With Big, Bright Visors

This isn’t a complaint in any way, just an observation.

Does anyone else feel that when people use bright visor colours on helmets with large visors (i.e. EVA, Orbital, Oceanic, Strider etc) it makes it a lot easier to pick out their head against the background and get a headshot, thus getting a quicker kill?

For example, on SWAT, it’s a lot easier to get a snapshot on someone’s head if they have a bright green EVA helmet as opposed to say Recon with a black visor.

I know it probably doesn’t make that much of a difference (or none at all to some people) but personally I wouldn’t choose a bright or contrasting helmet.

> This isn’t a complaint in any way, just an observation.
>
> Does anyone else feel that when people use bright visor colours on helmets with large visors (i.e. EVA, Orbital, Oceanic, Strider etc) it makes it a lot easier to pick out their head against the background and get a headshot, thus getting a quicker kill?
>
> For example, on SWAT, it’s a lot easier to get a snapshot on someone’s head if they have a bright green EVA helmet as opposed to say Recon with a black visor.
>
> I know it probably doesn’t make that much of a difference (or none at all to some people) but personally I wouldn’t choose a bright or contrasting helmet.

I barely even notice the difference between one spartan and the next. They’re all targets to me. Apparently, I have a very headshot-able helmet…BRING ON THE CHALLENGE.

> This isn’t a complaint in any way, just an observation.
>
> Does anyone else feel that when people use bright visor colours on helmets with large visors (i.e. EVA, Orbital, Oceanic, Strider etc) it makes it a lot easier to pick out their head against the background and get a headshot, thus getting a quicker kill?
>
> For example, on SWAT, it’s a lot easier to get a snapshot on someone’s head if they have a bright green EVA helmet as opposed to say Recon with a black visor.
>
> I know it probably doesn’t make that much of a difference (or none at all to some people) but personally I wouldn’t choose a bright or contrasting helmet.

I don’t have a problem with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I can’t say that I’ve noticed. I try to avoid SWAT I didn’t know you could even get Snapshots in SWAT, though. I thought that was only with the Sniper.

From what I’ve observed, and this goes all the way back to Halo 3, having larger visors does not make getting a headshot on another player any easier. If anything, you’re more likely to pick out your opponents head just by recognizing the player’s silhouette than you are from the gleam of their visor.

Technically, anything you can do to reduce the chance you being noticed should be taken into consideration, but overall the armor parts that we can change in the game don’t have that much of an impact on it.

> > This isn’t a complaint in any way, just an observation.
> >
> > Does anyone else feel that when people use bright visor colours on helmets with large visors (i.e. EVA, Orbital, Oceanic, Strider etc) it makes it a lot easier to pick out their head against the background and get a headshot, thus getting a quicker kill?
> >
> > For example, on SWAT, it’s a lot easier to get a snapshot on someone’s head if they have a bright green EVA helmet as opposed to say Recon with a black visor.
> >
> > I know it probably doesn’t make that much of a difference (or none at all to some people) but personally I wouldn’t choose a bright or contrasting helmet.
>
> I barely even notice the difference between one spartan and the next. They’re all targets to me. Apparently, I have a very headshot-able helmet…BRING ON THE CHALLENGE.

Pretty much this

Actually, I find it evil when players have a bright red visor, but are on the Blue team, or vice versa. A quick glance might make you discount them as a teammate.

But as to your original question, I loved the “big white Q-tips” on Reach…

Well anyone who wears Oceanic deserves to get shot in the head.

EDIT: In Halo; not real life.

Not a big difference to me.

My complaint with bright visors is that they all look stupid.

Frost and Midnight are a Steel armor’s best friends.

I like it when people on Reach vote for Hemorrhage Snipers while they wear the EVA helmet with a golden visor or something, so easy to spot and kill :slight_smile: But on other maps and gametypes, no matter what Halo, it doesn’t do much of a difference to me.

I must be the only one then haha.

> I can’t say that I’ve noticed. I try to avoid SWAT I didn’t know you could even get Snapshots in SWAT, though. I thought that was only with the Sniper.

Yeah by snapshot I just meant like quickly swinging the crosshair over them and firing a shot to get a quick headshot, rather than taking the time to aim at their head then fire, if that makes sense.

It doesn’t really effect me, but I see what you mean.

I love when people use the red visor. Mmmmm easy targets.

I agree but,

Style is more important than K/D :smiley:

Only when they’re using the EVA helmet, and a visor thats not Midnight.

I used to joke to my sister about their big “lightbulb” heads being so easy to target when we played H3 and Reach, lol.

> Style is more important than K/D :smiley:

no, not really