The Precursors

Would you like the Precursors to play a bigger role in the Halo Universe? What do you guys think about them

Personally, I believe they will with the eventual return of the flood so its just a matter of time and for their appearance to have a significant impact on story.

343i have already increased the Precursors’ role in Halo. It would be exciting if they kept on with this! Just imagine meeting some ancient Precursors in the games, like the Primordial!

They already do play a big role and with the domain making an appearance in H5 I think they will play an even bigger role

Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.

> 2533274867519109;5:
> Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.

^This.

While not all Precursors devolved themselves, most did.

Well, it has been stated by Frank O’conner that the Flood is at the heart of the story, and the Flood are Precursors, so they definitely will play a big role in future games.
I suppose now would be a good time to sound out a theory that’s been rattling around inside my head for a while.
I think that Humans are Precursors, or at least, a product of their attempts to survive the Forerunners genocide. In the original Halo CE. Humans were Forerunners, who had seeded their DNA on Earth to evolve away from the Flood. Obviously, that concept has been retconned, but the idea could apply here. Some of the Precursors could have done this to preserve their species and civilization, just as other Precursors created the Flood as a means to exact their vengeance on the Forerunners. Two opposing plans, with different outcomes.
The Primordial stated that 10 million years before, the Forerunners rose in rebellion against the Precursors when they learned that the Mantle would go to another species, “who you now call Human”. Humans first arose from their home world, Erde-Tyrene/Earth 1,100,000 years ago, so their evolution occurred long after the Forerunner-Precursor War. When the Precursors announced that the Mantle would go to others, then who did they mean? Humans didn’t exist at that time.
We know that the Precursors seeded the Galaxy with a great variety of alien life-forms, with the Forerunners closest to the Precursors in terms of genetics, and that among these aliens, none of them were suitable to inherit the Mantle of Responsibility. So, think about this: you’re a father, and you’re writing your will. Who better to inherit everything, your blood relations, or adopted children?
In the Halo 5 pre-release videos, it is stated that there will be a big shock at the end of the game, and that the Halo Universe will be changed in fundamental ways. Well, this is, in my opinion, to do with the Domain, a vast data repository which has recorded a hundred-billion years of recorded history, or so it’s been stated. It’s been said in the Forerunner Trilogy that there are no Human threads in the Domain, meaning that the Forerunners can’t access any information on the Humans from it. Why? Because the Domain is a Precursor consciousness, and if my theory is correct about the Humans being Precursors, then it would have a vested interest in hiding the Humans from the Forerunners, who committed genocide against the Precursors.
Now, what happens when the Master Chief, a Human, accesses the Domain?
Also, one other thing: the Librarian told the Didact that the Humans’ gene plan could have one day surpassed the Forerunners. The Forerunners are at the very apex of evolution, so what could be possibly greater than them? Transsentience.
Just think about it and tell me what you think.

> 2535411344825306;1:
> Would you like the Precursors to play a bigger role in the Halo Universe? What do you guys think about them

Precursors need a bigger roll? They were the biggest role in the games as the corrupted dust turned Flood.

I knew that the Precoursors and the flood are the same thing I just wanted to see their original form or something

> 2533274892109573;8:
> > 2535411344825306;1:
> > Would you like the Precursors to play a bigger role in the Halo Universe? What do you guys think about them
>
>
> Precursors need a bigger roll? They were the biggest role in the games as the corrupted dust turned Flood.

I think Vesper means a role as in original forms or officially by that name.

Still don’t know anything about Halo 5 so this is just speculation:
We know for a fact that all Promethean enemies in Halo 4 are species that have been composed such as the Knights being the humans. I was seeing some pictures of The Guardians and looking at their heads it came to me “¿What if they are composed Precursors?” Maybe the Didact found other Precursors beside the Primordial. Again. pure fanboy speculation

Yes

It would be interesting to see how they looked like.

> 2533274867519109;5:
> Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.

Really? I never knew.

> 2535457202768003;14:
> > 2533274867519109;5:
> > Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.
>
>
> Really? I never knew.

Not all the Precursor did this however. It was said that some chose to turn themselves into a powder in the hopes they could reform themselves later. After a time they mutated and rose as the Flood, but they didn’t hate what they became. The Precursors who didn’t turn themselves into powder were said to go dormant, but we have no idea what became of them.

> 2533274793749599;15:
> > 2535457202768003;14:
> > > 2533274867519109;5:
> > > Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.
> >
> >
> > Really? I never knew.
>
>
> Not all the Precursor did this however. It was said that some chose to turn themselves into a powder in the hopes they could reform themselves later. After a time they mutated and rose as the Flood, but they didn’t hate what they became. The Precursors who didn’t turn themselves into powder were said to go dormant, but we have no idea what became of them.

Hopefully we learn soon.

> 2533274829152751;16:
> > 2533274793749599;15:
> > > 2535457202768003;14:
> > > > 2533274867519109;5:
> > > > Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.
> > >
> > >
> > > Really? I never knew.
> >
> >
> > Not all the Precursor did this however. It was said that some chose to turn themselves into a powder in the hopes they could reform themselves later. After a time they mutated and rose as the Flood, but they didn’t hate what they became. The Precursors who didn’t turn themselves into powder were said to go dormant, but we have no idea what became of them.
>
>
> Hopefully we learn soon.

We only know of one case of an original form precursor, the Primordial, which eventusy became one of the first graveminds

> 2533274810193244;17:
> > 2533274829152751;16:
> > > 2533274793749599;15:
> > > > 2535457202768003;14:
> > > > > 2533274867519109;5:
> > > > > Just so you know: the Precursors and the Flood are the same thing. The Precursors devolved themselves to one day rise up and exact revenge on the Forerunner. They did. Now they want to assimilate the galaxy and possibly beyond to become one being.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Really? I never knew.
> > >
> > >
> > > Not all the Precursor did this however. It was said that some chose to turn themselves into a powder in the hopes they could reform themselves later. After a time they mutated and rose as the Flood, but they didn’t hate what they became. The Precursors who didn’t turn themselves into powder were said to go dormant, but we have no idea what became of them.
> >
> >
> > Hopefully we learn soon.
>
>
> We only know of one case of an original form precursor, the Primordial, which eventusy became one of the first graveminds

Pretty sure The Primordial/Timeless One wasn’t an original form precursor. I believe Primordium hinted at or explicitly states that The Primordial was more akin to a progenitor to The Gravemind rather than a precursor before mutation. Pretty sure this was stated somewhere during its interrogation by the Iso-Didact/Bornstellar and Chakas.

I would love to know more about them. It seems like they can be a really interesting force for change in the series. There is still so much to learn about the Forerunner but these guys could be another great chapter in the Halo lore.