The Precursors to aid the Flood in Silentium?

In the description of Silentium, it says the Flood to be aided by an unexpected ally, which is probably their and our creators, the Precursors. Do you guys agree?

I’m pretty sure the unexpected ally is Mendicant Bias.

The terminals and all current knowledge point towards Mendicant leading the Flood in the final battle, saying nothing about the return of the Precursors.

Yeah… that is the only logical conclusion we can reach. And the Primordial flatout lied about extinction of Precursors.

I would imagine mendicant bias and precursors. but that’s not an unexpected ally.

I still say either Ancient Humans or Precursors Bias isnt unexpected.

THE REAPERS!

If Mendicant Bias isn’t it, it’s totally the Moa.

They haven’t mentioned any species from the covenant ,which still makes me mad it could be the elites. Now that’s unexpected.

That would not be unexpected at all, the precursors created the flood to do exactly what there doing soooo why wouldn’t they help them?

It could be the hunters sense they are immune to the flood and use to eat forerunner tech.

It seems the previous 2 books already more or less showed that mendicant bias is aiding the flood, it’s not really unexpected. And the precursors having a link to the flood is pretty expected at this point.

Did we forget that mendicant bias was taking the souls from the ancient human war leaders (who hate the forerunners due to the war) and putting them in monitors to take revenge against the forerunners? It’s basically taking ancient humans and setting them against the forerunners. Humanity fighting side by side with the flood.

> They haven’t mentioned any species from the covenant ,which still makes me mad it could be the elites. Now that’s unexpected.

At that point Elites were a primitive species on their planet. Does anyone know if they were made by the Precursors or if they were naturally created?

My response to the past 2 post above are if it is the souls of the ancient humans then are they the protheans we see in halo4?

And we have no information on any covenant species prior to firing of the halo 100,000 years ago except for the prophets and maybe cortana’s interpretation in halo legends origins 1.

Here’s the full summary (emphasis mine):

> In Halo: Cryptum, Greg Bear began a three-book arc set in the era of the Forerunners, the ancient and enigmatic creators and builders of the Halos, which continued in Halo: Primordium. Now, in the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood—a horrifying shape-changing parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses.
>
> Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation. Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an unmatched evil from dominating the entire universe.

Notice that the phrase is actually “unexpected allies”. It’s plural–not singular. Wazooty brings up some good points to remember:

> It seems the previous 2 books already more or less showed that mendicant bias is aiding the flood, it’s not really unexpected. And the precursors having a link to the flood is pretty expected at this point.
>
> Did we forget that mendicant bias was taking the souls from the ancient human war leaders (who hate the forerunners due to the war) and putting them in monitors to take revenge against the forerunners? It’s basically taking ancient humans and setting them against the forerunners. Humanity fighting side by side with the flood.

There’s definitely the Flood-Precursor connection. That’s established. And seeing as how the word is plural, it makes a lot of sense that this phrase could be referring to humanity once again fighting the Forerunner. A Flood-Human alliance would be more unexpected. Also keep in mind that this cover summary has to be written to entice readers who are simply browsing for a good read and may not know that much about the Halo universe. That definitely factors in. :slight_smile:

> THE REAPERS!

…Makes sense. The end of this Cycle has come.

> It seems the previous 2 books already more or less showed that mendicant bias is aiding the flood, it’s not really unexpected. And the precursors having a link to the flood is pretty expected at this point.
>
> Did we forget that mendicant bias was taking the souls from the ancient human war leaders (who hate the forerunners due to the war) and putting them in monitors to take revenge against the forerunners? It’s basically taking ancient humans and setting them against the forerunners. Humanity fighting side by side with the flood.

It was said in the last book that there was a group of Humans who wished to unleash the Flood on the Forerunner but they were voted down. Connection?

“The machine [Mendicant Bias] does not hate Forerunners,” he continued. “But it knows they have been arrogant and need correction. And it takes an odd satisfaction in the prospect of having humans carry out that punishment.”

I’d say there’s more than just connections, it was basically outright stated in primordium.

> “The machine [Mendicant Bias] does not hate Forerunners,” he continued. “But it knows they have been arrogant and need correction. And it takes an odd satisfaction in the prospect of having humans carry out that punishment.”
>
> I’d say there’s more than just connections, it was basically outright stated in primordium.

If they are I wonder how they manage to aid them?

Well they’re all being put into monitors, IE the lord of admirals. Probably not much different than how mendicant bias -Yoink!- them, controlling technology and such. MB leads fleets of flood ships against the forerunner, I can see how having the best of the best of human military minds at your side could help.

> They haven’t mentioned any species from the covenant ,which still makes me mad it could be the elites. Now that’s unexpected.

Unexpected but it needs a tone of explanation. Unless 343i turns the Sangheili into surving precursors which would creat the question of why did the librarian saved them when the array fired.