The Precursors Speculation

Although their presence has not been officially confirmed, it is highly likely that we’ll see The Precursors in Halo 4, and most likely as an enemy.
Bungie has stated officially that we’ll be facing a new alien threat and their units will work together in such a way that they will utilize individual strengths.
Based on the very little we know about The Precursors from the Forerunner Saga novels, what do you guys think they’ll be like in Halo 4? We may already know what they look like if this piece of concept artwork is one of them. But how do you think they’ll fight?
Personally, I think they’ll be fast and agile like the aliens in Crysis.

We won’t fight them directly, it’s just not how they operate. However, whatever the new enemy is in Halo 4, chances are that it IS a creation of the Precursors. Chances are the ship that crashed on Installation 04 in the CEA terminals is an example of this new threat.

> We won’t fight them directly, it’s just not how they operate. However, whatever the new enemy is in Halo 4, chances are that it IS a creation of the Precursors. Chances are the ship that crashed on Installation 04 in the CEA terminals is an example of this new threat.

I know that traditionally The Precursors used The Flood to wage war against their enemies, but I do believe that we will be fighting The Precursors in the new trilogy and more than likely in Halo 4 specifically. I think it’ll be like CE in that we fight one enemy at first but then realize there’s an even greater enemy and then we’ll fight them.

> I know that traditionally The Precursors used The Flood to wage war against their enemies, but I do believe that we will be fighting The Precursors in the new trilogy and more than likely in Halo 4 specifically. I think it’ll be like CE in that we fight one enemy at first but then realize there’s an even greater enemy and then we’ll fight them.

They were hunted down to a very low amount, it’s like the Prophets, do you see them actively on the battlefield? It makes more sense for them to have a presence from an unknown location, much like a general on the battlefield giving commands in his field base.

> > I know that traditionally The Precursors used The Flood to wage war against their enemies, but I do believe that we will be fighting The Precursors in the new trilogy and more than likely in Halo 4 specifically. I think it’ll be like CE in that we fight one enemy at first but then realize there’s an even greater enemy and then we’ll fight them.
>
> They were hunted down to a very low amount, it’s like the Prophets, do you see them actively on the battlefield? It makes more sense for them to have a presence from an unknown location, much like a general on the battlefield giving commands in his field base.

You could be right, but I’m still of the opinion that we will be fighting The Precursors.

The new threat will most probably be the Forerunners. They didn’t all die, and the Didact almost certainly survived. DecepticonCobra is right then, because the Forerunners are created by the Precursors, altough I’m not sure wether they are fighting FOR the Precursors, or because of their own motives.

On the 3rd picture of this article you can see the information about the Didact. http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/halo-timeline.html

> The new threat will most probably be the Forerunners. They didn’t all die, and the Didact almost certainly survived. DecepticonCobra is right then, because the Forerunners are created by the Precursors, altough I’m not sure wether they are fighting FOR the Precursors, or because of their own motives.
>
> On the 3rd picture of this article you can see the information about the Didact. http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/halo-timeline.html

It’s not going to be the Forerunners.

> > The new threat will most probably be the Forerunners. They didn’t all die, and the Didact almost certainly survived. DecepticonCobra is right then, because the Forerunners are created by the Precursors, altough I’m not sure wether they are fighting FOR the Precursors, or because of their own motives.
> >
> > On the 3rd picture of this article you can see the information about the Didact. http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/halo-timeline.html
>
> It’s not going to be the Forerunners.

Who will it be then?

> Who will it be then?

Scroll up to my posts above. I mean seriously folks, does nobody even remember this “Reclaimer” thing Forerunners made us humans? Taking the human-Forerunner War out of context doesn’t make that go away.

> Bungie

wat

> > Bungie
>
> wat

My bad. 343 Industries then.

Possible Spoilers
I’m pretty sure all Precursors are dead. The captive was killed by Bornstellar/The Didact in Primordium and technically he wasn’t a Precursor but a flood gravemind made out of Precursors. At least that’s what I got out of it. They’re great books if you haven’t checked them out you should consider it. I think the 3rd novel will be about the ship that 343 Guilty Spark (Chakas) hijaks and takes to the shield world where chief is in H4. This would also explain why there are other UNSC forces there.

> > > I know that traditionally The Precursors used The Flood to wage war against their enemies, but I do believe that we will be fighting The Precursors in the new trilogy and more than likely in Halo 4 specifically. I think it’ll be like CE in that we fight one enemy at first but then realize there’s an even greater enemy and then we’ll fight them.
> >
> > They were hunted down to a very low amount, it’s like the Prophets, do you see them actively on the battlefield? It makes more sense for them to have a presence from an unknown location, much like a general on the battlefield giving commands in his field base.
>
> You could be right, but I’m still of the opinion that we will be fighting The Precursors.

The San Shyuum(sp), or the prophet’s race is sparse in numbers because they have such a hard time procreating. At the other end of the spectrum you have the unggoy (grunts) that procreat too rapidly. That is why they make up the majority of the covenant army. I think it’s a nice statement on rule and control.

> Possible Spoilers
> I’m pretty sure all Precursors are dead. The captive was killed by Bornstellar/The Didact in Primordium and technically he wasn’t a Precursor but a flood gravemind made out of Precursors. At least that’s what I got out of it. They’re great books if you haven’t checked them out you should consider it. I think the 3rd novel will be about the ship that 343 Guilty Spark (Chakas) hijaks and takes to the shield world where chief is in H4. This would also explain why there are other UNSC forces there.

He said they escaped and creation continued. These guys seeded life in the galaxy, they would have a way to keep on living, the Gravemind from Halo 2-Halo 3 serves as an example.

> > Who will it be then?
>
> Scroll up to my posts above. I mean seriously folks, does nobody even remember this “Reclaimer” thing Forerunners made us humans? Taking the human-Forerunner War out of context doesn’t make that go away.

I remember that, but I also remember many Forerunners still hating the human race at the end of Primordium.
Just think about that Faber guy, whose condition remains unknown.

> I remember that, but I also remember many Forerunners still hating the human race at the end of Primordium.
> Just think about that Faber guy, whose condition remains unknown.

A rouge faction of Forerunners does not represent the entire Forerunner race as a whole. Besides, once the Forerunner-Flood War begins, the human-Forerunner War will be old news and cease to be relevant.

> > Possible Spoilers
> > I’m pretty sure all Precursors are dead. The captive was killed by Bornstellar/The Didact in Primordium and technically he wasn’t a Precursor but a flood gravemind made out of Precursors. At least that’s what I got out of it. They’re great books if you haven’t checked them out you should consider it. I think the 3rd novel will be about the ship that 343 Guilty Spark (Chakas) hijaks and takes to the shield world where chief is in H4. This would also explain why there are other UNSC forces there.
>
> He said they escaped and creation continued. These guys seeded life in the galaxy, they would have a way to keep on living, the Gravemind from Halo 2-Halo 3 serves as an example.

The precursors aren’t the flood, though. They created the flood and used them. The precursors were survived by the flood. I also think it’s completely possible that the forerunners could have come up with a way to totally wipe out the Precursors and that’s what ended the war for the mantle.

> The precursors aren’t the flood, though. They created the flood and used them. The precursors were survived by the flood.

Yes, the Precursors fled the reach of the Forerunners and created the Flood and then sent it out. Whether or not all of the Precursors joined the Flood or control them though some other means is up for debate.

> I also think it’s completely possible that the forerunners could have come up with <mark>a way to totally wipe out the Precursors</mark> and that’s what ended the war for the mantle.

Didn’t seem to work did it?

> A rouge faction of Forerunners does not represent the entire Forerunner race as a whole. Besides, once the Forerunner-Flood War begins, the human-Forerunner War will be old news and cease to be relevant.

So the Didact does represent the entire Forerunner civilization?
Btw I don’t get your second point.

> > A rouge faction of Forerunners does not represent the entire Forerunner race as a whole. Besides, once the Forerunner-Flood War begins, the human-Forerunner War will be old news and cease to be relevant.
>
> So the Didact does represent the entire Forerunner civilization?
> Btw I don’t get your second point.

Did I say the Didact represents every Forerunner? No, but the Forerunners who are alive are more than likely led by him. The Didact really isn’t a human hater like people think he is, he felt bad about what he did to the humans and there is a portion in Primordium where he converses with the human Lord of Admirals and regrets not letting him die before he turned him into a genetic memory with the Composer.

As for my second point, any animosity Forerunners have with the human-Forerunner War will easily evaporate with the Forerunner-Flood War. It will just become a forgotten conflict only the oldest will vaguely remember.