The Precursors let the Forerunners win.

They HAD to let the Forerunners win cause of the huge technology gap. The Precursors created or advanced the Forerunners so much that they consider it “Giving them life.” Why would the Forerunners rebel? We don’t know, but the Forerunners were civilized and noble people they would not automatically rebel just because they felt like it. Even if the Forerunners tried to rebel the Precursors could gun them down instantly without hesitation cause it endangers their lives.

Lets compare it to a genetically enhanced monkey. If we make the monkey capable of knowing right and wrong, but it tried to break out of its containment cell anyway. It only has its fists and it does it even know what a gun is, we could gun it down as soon as it endangers someone or sedate it which is what the Precursors could have done and WOULD have done that if it was needed.

The Precursors had technology which made their buildings invincible in our terms. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in ours and the Forerunners’ arsenal could hurt a single object of theirs excluding the Halo Array. A single Precursor ship can take on the entire UNSC, and Covenant fleet on and win without a scratch. I do not even think the Forerunners can take on a single ship due to the invincible material (although mass focus fire may do something). Look how long it took the Forerunners to develop the technology for the Halo Array cause this the only way to damage Precursor objects and structures. When the Precursor-Forerunner war broke out they were probably only a few hundred planets MAYBE above one thousand. The Forerunners are probably laughable beings compared to a single Precursor which ONE of them is a threat to the entire race (read cryptum). The Precursors made the Flood…the thing that can assimilate entire species and have infinite intelligence. The humans had to turn to the Timeless One, the only Precursor left, for help and they won and drove off the Flood while fighting the Forerunners.

TL;DR The Precursors HAD to have let the Forerunners win the war due to technology issues and life endangerment.

They were pacifists, they believed all life was sacred, they created the forerunners to uphold the mantle when they left to go beyond the rim of the universe. I suggest you read cryptum

Maybe the Timeless one lied about the war. that theres no war happened
that there are more reason for the precursors became extinct
or leave the milky way galaxy

You are making wild assumptions on the Precursors technological advances, I do not think they let the Forerunners win, as the Forerunners had became more technologically more advance then Precursors. And an example of Precursors buildings not being invisible read Cryptum about the ruins on their supposed home world…

> They were pacifists, they believed all life was sacred, they created the forerunners to uphold the mantle when they left to go beyond the rim of the universe. I suggest you read cryptum

Then why is the Timeless One trying to destroy the Forerunners now that he is free? He is doing is out of revenge for destroying their race.

> You are making wild assumptions on the Precursors technological advances, I do not think they let the Forerunners win, as the Forerunners had became more technologically more advance then Precursors. And an example of Precursors buildings not being invisible read Cryptum about the ruins on their supposed home world…

The Forerunners’ only thing that was able to destroy a Precursor structure was a Halo Array when it fired on the planet the Timeless One was located it shattered every ruin due their structures having neural technology. What does the Halo Array do? It kills all sentient life by destroying their neural waves and their bodies. The Precursors structures were in a sense sentient and the Forerunners NEVER came more technology advanced that the Precursors they even said that at the height of their power. One Precursor had the capacity to destroy the entire or much of the Forerunner species and it won.

Here read what the Timeless One said to the Didact.

"We meet again, young one. I am the last of those that gave you breath and shape and form, millions of years ago.
I am the last of those your kind rose up against and ruthlessly destroyed.
I am the last Precursor.
And our answer is at hand."

> They HAD to let the Forerunners win cause of the huge technology gap. The Precursors created or advanced the Forerunners so much that they consider it “Giving them life.” Why would the Forerunners rebel? We don’t know, but the Forerunners were civilized and noble people they would not automatically rebel just because they felt like it. Even if the Forerunners tried to rebel the Precursors could gun them down instantly without hesitation cause it endangers their lives.
>
> Lets compare it to a genetically enhanced monkey. If we make the monkey capable of knowing right and wrong, but it tried to break out of its containment cell anyway. It only has its fists and it does it even know what a gun is, we could gun it down as soon as it endangers someone or sedate it which is what the Precursors could have done and WOULD have done that if it was needed.
>
> The Precursors had technology which made their buildings invincible in our terms. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in ours and the Forerunners’ arsenal could hurt a single object of theirs excluding the Halo Array. A single Precursor ship can take on the entire UNSC, and Covenant fleet on and win without a scratch. I do not even think the Forerunners can take on a single ship due to the invincible material (although mass focus fire may do something). Look how long it took the Forerunners to develop the technology for the Halo Array cause this the only way to damage Precursor objects and structures. When the Precursor-Forerunner war broke out they were probably only a few hundred planets MAYBE above one thousand. The Forerunners are probably laughable beings compared to a single Precursor which ONE of them is a threat to the entire race (read cryptum). The Precursors made the Flood…the thing that can assimilate entire species and have infinite intelligence. The humans had to turn to the Timeless One, the only Precursor left, for help and they won and drove off the Flood while fighting the Forerunners.
>
> TL;DR The Precursors HAD to have let the Forerunners win the war due to technology issues and life endangerment.

It’s like how we are scared of creating Artificial Intelligence.

It will be BETTER than us.

And the book already states that they ruthless took over.

Maybe the precursors loved the forerunners very much and they “couldn’t” strike them down, except the prisoner.

> Maybe the precursors loved the forerunners very much and they “couldn’t” strike them down, except the prisoner.

Yeah that could be a possibility I just do not see why they would endanger civilians or the fiber of their beings unless they were dying just because they “loved” them.

> > They HAD to let the Forerunners win cause of the huge technology gap. The Precursors created or advanced the Forerunners so much that they consider it “Giving them life.” Why would the Forerunners rebel? We don’t know, but the Forerunners were civilized and noble people they would not automatically rebel just because they felt like it. Even if the Forerunners tried to rebel the Precursors could gun them down instantly without hesitation cause it endangers their lives.
> >
> > Lets compare it to a genetically enhanced monkey. If we make the monkey capable of knowing right and wrong, but it tried to break out of its containment cell anyway. It only has its fists and it does it even know what a gun is, we could gun it down as soon as it endangers someone or sedate it which is what the Precursors could have done and WOULD have done that if it was needed.
> >
> > The Precursors had technology which made their buildings invincible in our terms. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in ours and the Forerunners’ arsenal could hurt a single object of theirs excluding the Halo Array. A single Precursor ship can take on the entire UNSC, and Covenant fleet on and win without a scratch. I do not even think the Forerunners can take on a single ship due to the invincible material (although mass focus fire may do something). Look how long it took the Forerunners to develop the technology for the Halo Array cause this the only way to damage Precursor objects and structures. When the Precursor-Forerunner war broke out they were probably only a few hundred planets MAYBE above one thousand. The Forerunners are probably laughable beings compared to a single Precursor which ONE of them is a threat to the entire race (read cryptum). The Precursors made the Flood…the thing that can assimilate entire species and have infinite intelligence. The humans had to turn to the Timeless One, the only Precursor left, for help and they won and drove off the Flood while fighting the Forerunners.
> >
> > TL;DR The Precursors HAD to have let the Forerunners win the war due to technology issues and life endangerment.
>
> It’s like how we are scared of creating Artificial Intelligence.
>
> It will be BETTER than us.
>
>
> And the book already states that they ruthless took over.

I cant wait to read the next installment of the trilogy so I can finally put my thoughts to rest. Yes A.I. are specially made to be better than us and help us in every way possible. They can be better than us and can throw us overboard. Forerunners are living creatures though and are not as smart as a Precursor so they could not have possibly been there to assist them in knowledge. Precursors are about as big as the average human house so the Forerunners could have possibly been used as builder slaves, but still the Precursor structures were more “amazing” than the Forerunners’ were. Lets look at the mood of the Timeless Ones’ words. He said his words out of sorrow and anger so it was unexpected and ruthless when the Forerunners rebelled. The Forerunners rebelled in disgust out of the Precursors’ eyes. The Precursors had a mantel just as the Forerunners do which means that they hold life dearly and would not enslave a species.

How do we even know the Precursors were “Good”? It was the Forerunner who believed the Precursors were wise people who protected all life and upheld the Mantle. They believed they were the inheritors of everything they left behind and then the supposed last Precursor says “No… you destroyed us”. This is like the Prophets learning from Mendicant Bias that their entire religion is wrong because they mistranslated a Forerunner word.

Everything we know about the Precursors is from the Forerunner. And as the Didact learned from the last Precursor, everything they know is wrong. We won’t find out more until the next novel is released.

> How do we even know the Precursors were “Good”? It was the Forerunner who believed the Precursors were wise people who protected all life and upheld the Mantle. They believed they were the inheritors of everything they left behind and then the supposed last Precursor says “No… you destroyed us”. This is like the Prophets learning from Mendicant Bias that their entire religion is wrong because they mistranslated a Forerunner word.
>
> Everything we know about the Precursors is from the Forerunner. And as the Didact learned from the last Precursor, everything they know is wrong. We won’t find out more until the next novel is released.

You have really good point man. The Forerunners based of the Precursors words are millions of years old. There is a cut off history with the Forerunners which from their book it says their capital holds over 10,000 years of their history. So they have had to hide the rest of their history cause it was disgraceful or sinful to their mantle. The younger generation of Forerunners know nothing at all of the war cause they hid it. Also what if that the Forerunners were evil at the beginning of their history when they were made. So they tried to re-key their very being into being noble people and such.

> Lets compare it to a genetically enhanced monkey. If we make the monkey capable of knowing right and wrong, but it tried to break out of its containment cell anyway. It only has its fists and it does it even know what a gun is, we could gun it down as soon as it endangers someone or sedate it which is what the Precursors could have done and WOULD have done that if it was needed.

Say, have you seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes yet?

> > Lets compare it to a genetically enhanced monkey. If we make the monkey capable of knowing right and wrong, but it tried to break out of its containment cell anyway. It only has its fists and it does it even know what a gun is, we could gun it down as soon as it endangers someone or sedate it which is what the Precursors could have done and WOULD have done that if it was needed.
>
> Say, have you seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes yet?

Lol I seen that when I posted after re-reading it.