The Precision weapons in halo 4 should kill in 3 shots 5 shots max

Imagine how awesome Halo 4 would be if all the weapons killed around the 3 shot balance. If the BR and Pistol killed in 3 shots, the only way to balance out the game would be too buff all other weapons to compensate.

The result would be a faster, more competitive and more fun Halo. With Hitscan of course, and perhaps dedicated servers Halo 4 would rise above the competition.

Please 343. think Overpowered Balance!

I’d rather have it be four shots. Mainly because I don’t believe Halo will ever again have as low amounts of bullet magnetism as CE did. And anyway, I’ve always thought that three shots would be just tad too fast. Four shots on the other hand, requires just a little bit more skill to pull off without sacrificing too much speed.

Hmm, sounds like COD to me if you are talking about 3 shot kills (assuming you are using Reach’s movement speeds and bullet magnetism). While I’m ok with faster gameplay, in the words of Frankie, ‘One of the special things about Halo is that I can get approached from behind by two people and have a chance at taking one of them down’. (Something along those lines in a sparkcast.) I would just like to see a nice balance of kill times and skill required.

I really don’t see how that would be possible with 3 shot kills, Reach’s movement speeds and Reach’s bullet magnetism. 4-5 im fine with. Of course amount of shots required for a kill isn’t the only thing to effect kill times you have movement speeds, bullet magnetism, and ROF.

> Hmm, sounds like COD to me if you are talking about 3 shot kills. While I’m ok with faster gameplay, in the words of Frankie, ‘One of the special things about Halo is that I can get approached from behind by two people and have a chance at taking one of them down’. (Something along those lines in a sparkcast.)
>
> I really don’t see how that would be possible with 3 shot kills. 5 im fine with.

How does the amount of shots have anything to do with that? As long as the utility weapon has a very large skill gap you can still do what Frankie said.

The issue lies in the amount of bullet magnetism and whether or not they nerf strafing in H4.

> > Hmm, sounds like COD to me if you are talking about 3 shot kills. While I’m ok with faster gameplay, in the words of Frankie, ‘One of the special things about Halo is that I can get approached from behind by two people and have a chance at taking one of them down’. (Something along those lines in a sparkcast.)
> >
> > I really don’t see how that would be possible with 3 shot kills. 5 im fine with.
>
> How does the amount of shots have anything to do with that? As long as the utility weapon has a very large skill gap you can still do what Frankie said.
>
> The issue lies in the amount of bullet magnetism and whether or not they nerf strafing in H4.

The more bullets it takes to kill an opponent, the less does missing one bullet mean. Compare Assault Rifle to Halo CE pistol for example. Both weapons with very different skill gaps, on opposite ends of the spectrum how many bullets it takes to kill. If you miss one shot with the pistol in Halo CE, unless your opponent misses one too, you’re screwed. If you miss one shot with the AR, it doesn’t affect you in the least, AR misses shots all the time.

But you see, now I’m arguing for the fast kill times, not against them. Because assuming there is a low amount of bullet magnetism and fast strafe speed, missing that one shot out of the three is very easy, and would definitely mean more than missing one shot out of five. This means that if the lonely player in Frankie’s situation has a good strafe, they have better chances in the situation with three shot kill than they would have with five shot kill.

> > > Hmm, sounds like COD to me if you are talking about 3 shot kills. While I’m ok with faster gameplay, in the words of Frankie, ‘One of the special things about Halo is that I can get approached from behind by two people and have a chance at taking one of them down’. (Something along those lines in a sparkcast.)
> > >
> > > I really don’t see how that would be possible with 3 shot kills. 5 im fine with.
> >
> > How does the amount of shots have anything to do with that? As long as the utility weapon has a very large skill gap you can still do what Frankie said.
> >
> > The issue lies in the amount of bullet magnetism and whether or not they nerf strafing in H4.
>
> The more bullets it takes to kill an opponent, the less does missing one bullet mean. Compare Assault Rifle to Halo CE pistol for example. Both weapons with very different skill gaps, on opposite ends of the spectrum how many bullets it takes to kill. If you miss one shot with the pistol in Halo CE, unless your opponent misses one too, you’re screwed. If you miss one shot with the AR, it doesn’t affect you in the least, AR misses shots all the time.
>
> But you see, now I’m arguing for the fast kill times, not against them. Because assuming there is a low amount of bullet magnetism and fast strafe speed, missing that one shot out of the three is very easy, and would definitely mean more than missing one shot out of five. This means that if the lonely player in Frankie’s situation has a good strafe, they have better chances in the situation with three shot kill than they would have with five shot kill.

That’s alright with me. It only gives the benefit to the player who has more skill.

I like 4 shots more.

I still think weapons should be individually customizable in custom games. That would be insanely awesome.

3 shots is how many you need to kill in CoD. Has CoD poisoned players so much that we have forgotton the concept of SHIELDS?

> 3 shots is how many you need to kill in CoD. Has CoD poisoned players so much that we have forgotton the concept of SHIELDS?

Have slow kill times poisoned players so much that we have forgotten the concept of speed?

Seriously though, Halo was originally about fast kill times. Three shots to kill does not equal the kill times of CoD, it merely equals the kill times of the original Halo CE which was by far the fastest and most competitive of the series. So please, don’t mix the “fast kill times = CoD” mentality into this.

> > 3 shots is how many you need to kill in CoD. Has CoD poisoned players so much that we have forgotton the concept of SHIELDS?
>
> Have slow kill times poisoned players so much that we have forgotten the concept of speed?
>
> Seriously though, Halo was originally about fast kill times. Three shots to kill does not equal the kill times of CoD, it merely equals the kill times of the original Halo CE which was by far the fastest and most competitive of the series. So please, don’t mix the “fast kill times = CoD” mentality into this.

Halo was never about fast kills. Regardless, the overpowered beyond reason 3k pistol had a slower fire rate then the majority of guns in CoD which all still kill in 3 shots. 1 if it hits their head.
Halo CE didn’t even have online multiplayer and nobody played it competitively. Everybody LANed for fun, not to show off.

Yes, I will always equal fast kill times = CoD because that’s what CoD is and that’s why it’s so popular. Because players today have become impatient and want to be given kills rather then to earn them.

3 shots to 5 shots max? You mean… kind of like how every Halo game has been?

> I’d rather have it be four shots. Mainly because I don’t believe Halo will ever again have as low amounts of bullet magnetism as CE did. And anyway, I’ve always thought that three shots would be just tad too fast. Four shots on the other hand, requires just a little bit more skill to pull off without sacrificing too much speed.

This.

the result would be call of duty, or battlefield death match mode if you prefer. HALO is about working for your kills

This whole thing is about balance. We want quick killtimes for fast-paced gameplay, but we don’t want CoD-esque killtimes where you can die before you’ve had time to turn and face the guy shooting you, because that’s not skilled gameplay. You then want lots of shots packed into that killtimes as it takes more skill to land more hits and anomalies will have less of an effect, but you don’t want it like the Halo 3 Carbine, which required such fast shooting that nobody really used it over the BR even though it worked in the same range and offered potentially faster killtimes.

There is one weapon which gets the balance just right, and that’s the BR. It only needs a few tweaks. Make it hitscan, and give it a fixed spread pattern, with the three bullets in a horizontal line, one in the centre of the reticle and the other two at opposite edges. Voila, skilled, fast-paced gameplay.

Wait, wait wait wait, hold on. Did someone just say “nerf strafing”? What the hell.

> I’d rather have it be four shots. Mainly because I don’t believe Halo will ever again have as low amounts of bullet magnetism as CE did. And anyway, I’ve always thought that three shots would be just tad too fast. Four shots on the other hand, requires just a little bit more skill to pull off without sacrificing too much speed.

I agree with this.

> This whole thing is about balance. We want quick killtimes for fast-paced gameplay, but we don’t want CoD-esque killtimes where you can die before you’ve had time to turn and face the guy shooting you, because that’s not skilled gameplay. You then want lots of shots packed into that killtimes as it takes more skill to land more hits and anomalies will have less of an effect, but you don’t want it like the Halo 3 Carbine, which required such fast shooting that nobody really used it over the BR even though it worked in the same range and offered potentially faster killtimes.
>
> There is one weapon which gets the balance just right, and that’s the BR. It only needs a few tweaks. Make it hitscan, and give it a fixed spread pattern, with the three bullets in a horizontal line, one in the centre of the reticle and the other two at opposite edges. Voila, skilled, fast-paced gameplay.

QFT

Yeah with movement acceleration your Spartan has to speed up and slow down in Reach which lessens the effects of strafing.

A lot of you say 3-shot as though that means something.

Can anyone comprehend shot power and rate of fire?

To add onto what thy ReaperMC said, the rate of fire is also very important in this case. If the weapon has the same rate of fire as the Br/DMR, then no, 3 shot is definitely not a good idea since that shoots way too fast. Were the gun to shoot at around 2/3rds of the BR/DMR, then 3 shots would be fine.

Take a look at the classic playlist in Reach where the pistol takes three shots to kill and has a decent rate of fire. Nobody uses anything else (asides from power weapons) and it turns the game into a mostly one weapon game, which is no fun. The fact that there’s hitscan (which is what you’re suggesting they do for Halo 4 too) makes it even worse, since those other weapons will become even MORE useless.

The reason the three shot kill pistol worked in Halo 1 was due to the fact that there was no hitscan and you actually had to lead your shots, requiring an actual amount of brain power to use it correctly.

To be perfectly honest, I’m quite happy with the DMR’s firing speed (if you consider the speed at which you must pace your shots to get accurate shots for all 5 bullets) and 5 shot kills. It makes the gun very useful at medium-long ranges, but doesn’t make it a powerhorse at all ranges like the Classic Playlist Halo1-esque pistol.

I would prefer having a 4 shot, however you would be able to fire faster meaning the kill would require more skill but not take very long.