The potential is so clearly there...

I’ve totally noticed some of the same problems others have during this play test (I was also part of the first play test): Weird aim-assist issues, huge skills imbalance during some matches, a few expected glitches here and there, couple crashes, etc. But man… Last night, I lucked into a 4v4 CTF match that was among the sweatiest Halo matches I’ve had in a long, long time. Skillset was well matched, the teams naturally seemed to be working well together, no one was greedy with the armor abilities… we went the distance, all the way into overtime and eventually my team was victorious with seconds remaining. Although I would’ve been totally happy had we lost, too. Totally forgot it was a beta and got fully in the zone of the new play style, weapons, and maps. Glorious.

I’m not one of those people who is “tied” to any one era of Halo: I like Halo 3-era mechanics, but also loved Halo 4 and 5. I think 343 has done an exceptional job blending the last ten years of Halo into an experience that is both new and weirdly familiar. The potential is there to enjoy Infinite for years to come, I think, and that’s awesome.