The points system is unfair

I’ve just played a game on Exile and looking at the post game stats, I finished 17-7 and came fourth, the guy in third place finished 10-9, but because he had more assists than me he’s deemed the better player and is placed above me. How is that fair? Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely believe players should be rewarded for assisting team mates… with medals and only medals. Getting kills should be the only way to score in Slayer.

This isn’t the first time it’s happened either, I regularly get screwed and I see other players getting screwed because of this too.

It seems as though you get rewarded for everything you do in this game. It’s like trying to make everyone feel special and like a winner. It just doesn’t seem fair to me.

Or perhaps the game developers designed it this way to irritate you. You went 17-7, and I am sure you had fun doing so, so who really cares what place you finished. Once upon a time in a not so distant past, humans used to play video games for the sole purpose to have fun. I advise you to take the same mindset.

> I’ve just played a game on Exile and looking at the post game stats, I finished 17-7 and came fourth, the guy in third place finished 10-9, but because he had more assists than me he’s deemed the better player and is placed above me. How is that fair? Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely believe players should be rewarded for assisting team mates… with medals and only medals. Getting kills should be the only way to score in Slayer.
>
> This isn’t the first time it’s happened either, I regularly get screwed and I see other players getting screwed because of this too.
>
> It seems as though you get rewarded for everything you do in this game. It’s like trying to make everyone feel special and like a winner. It just doesn’t seem fair to me.

Hypothetically speaking (this by no means is reflective of what actually happened in your game, I just pulled assist numbers out of the air to make a point)

player a goes 17 kills 0 assists 7 deaths

player b goes 10 kills 10 assists 9 deaths

who helped the team more?

Who deemed him the “better” player anyways?

The score board just gave him a higher score, but no where did it say he was a “better” player than you.

> Or perhaps the game developers designed it this way to irritate you. You went 17-7, and I am sure you had fun doing so, so who really cares what place you finished. Once upon a time in a not so distant past, humans used to play video games for the sole purpose to have fun. I advise you to take the same mindset.

Such a worthless post. I’m so sick of reading people say that others should just have fun and settle for mediocre; to not WANT. To not seek that which they desire and that which will improve QUALITY of something.

Anyway, I agree very much with OP. Assists are good an all, but at times, it is just a player failing to complete kills and those kills transferring to the lucky guy who gets one shot off for a kill. The scoring system coinciding with the ranking system is horrible. It makes team games all about the individual score, and therefore not about the purpose of the game: winning. If this is not the purpose, then the score should NEVER be kept. Or just separate ranked playlists and solve the issue, but that’s crazy and has never ever been done before.

Deaths need to be factored into the score somehow. Going 21 / 7 / 20 (Kills / Assists / Deaths) is not as good as Going 18 / 7 / 5. There has been so many close games that my team has won because I hardly ever have double digit deaths.

simply all that matters is victory. Though those who earn higher points is usually because of style points(e.g. using different weapons, vehicle kills, headshots,multi-kills, etc).So therefore if someone gets a perfection only using a sniper rifle doesn’t mean they’ll always earn the top spot of the scoreboard.

You did well, but that guy who helped his teammates contributed the most.

I really like the points system because in older Halo games, the guys who didn’t play objective and just went around slaying people was always on top of the leaderboards. Now the tables are turned. I can go 3-7 in an Oddball game and turn up on top because I contributed most to the team.

> You did well, but that guy who helped his teammates contributed the most.
>
> I really like the points system because in older Halo games, the guys who didn’t play objective and just went around slaying people was always on top of the leaderboards. Now the tables are turned. I can go 3-7 in an Oddball game and turn up on top because I contributed most to the team.

If you captured a flag or held the ball the longest you would be at the top of the scoreboard. Kills come after points scored in objective games in previous Halos.

The problem is that now in Halo 4 Slayer doesn’t place the person who got the most kills, or best k/d, above the other players on his team. Even if you count assists as half a kill the OP still did better, but the game places the worse player above him. Halo 4 really does reward you too much for doing small things. Granted, players that assisted their team in previous games didn’t get anything for it but it seems like now they’re getting too much.

> Or perhaps the game developers designed it this way to irritate you. You went 17-7, and I am sure you had fun doing so, so who really cares what place you finished. Once upon a time in a not so distant past, humans used to play video games for the sole purpose to have fun. I advise you to take the same mindset.

I remember this too.

Wasn’t it a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Assist count, what if your a really good driver, and you get your gunner 30+ kills. You will have a lot of points and possibly no kills.

Do you deserve the points. YES

Point system if just fine…what’s the difference between 3rd and 4th anyway ? You won didn’t you ? You were entertained weren’t you ?

The assists are fine and should count towards your point total. They are worth less than kills and it should be that way. The problem is that there is no negative impact of deaths reflected in the score. As it stands now, a player (A)who gets 20 kills and 25 deaths will have a higher score than someone (B) with 19 kills and 5 deaths (all else equal). Player A will rank up over player B in individual CSR playlists. I personally don’t care about the individual CSR ranks, but I can see why those who do would have a problem with the current scoring system.