The Plasma Rifle is gone?

It seems like the Elites got themselves a new “Assault Rifle” of their own. By that I mean a two-hand spraying gun*(I haven’t forgotten the Plasma Repeater, no).*

Click me!

From the Storm Rifle’s description:
DESIGNATION: T-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced
MANUFACTURER: Lodam Armory
The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor.

From the sound of that, it does seem like the previously presumed new Covenant Carbine is going to replace the Plasma Rifle as the Covenant “spray 'n pray” weapon. In terms of gameplay this might be good, considering it sounds (and looks) a lot more accurate than it’s predecessor.
I do hope it’s the same deal as in Halo: Reach though (the Plasma Repeater and it’s sidekick, the Plasma Rifle). Would suck big time if the most iconic of all the weapons in the Halo universe just didn’t even make an appearance in Halo 4.

But before I forget myself; please let me know if any of you have seen any footage or any other sort of hard confirmation that the Plasma Rifle’s present in Halo 4.

Thank you for your time.

This was confirmed months ago.