The placement system...

Is ridiculous. I just searched ten by myself and won nine (the game I lost was a breakout game where I went 14-3 and had a frenzy) and got platinum.

The system doesn’t work. I’m onyx in arena on my main account but the placement matches on new accounts are just gold and platinums over and over again, regardless of the fact that I keep winning and putting up big stats. By the fifth or sixth game you should be playing diamonds/onyx but it doesn’t happen.

Incredibly annoying.

Once my buddy and I were playing breakout and we did all ten games together and we won like 8 or 9 of them and I got gold and he got silver. We did very well each game going positive in all and he even did better than i did in most of them and he got silver. I laughed.

> 2533274861790553;2:
> Once my buddy and I were playing breakout and we did all ten games together and we won like 8 or 9 of them and I got gold and he got silver. We did very well each game going positive in all and he even did better than i did in most of them and he got silver. I laughed.

It’s because it just matches you against low ranks over and over. I’ve done this multiple times (usually don’t lose) and it’s always just golds and platinums.

There’s no sense to keep matching you against those ranks when you keep beating them and putting up big stats. No sense at all.

> 2535467452509705;1:
> Is ridiculous. I just searched ten by myself and won nine (the game I lost was a breakout game where I went 14-3 and had a frenzy) and got platinum.
>
> The system doesn’t work. I’m onyx in arena on my main account but the placement matches on new accounts are just gold and platinums over and over again, regardless of the fact that I keep winning and putting up big stats. By the fifth or sixth game you should be playing diamonds/onyx but it doesn’t happen.
>
> Incredibly annoying.

because you are beating low level players. Win against the people in the rank it gave you ad climb up the ranks. IDK why people make new tags like are you really that scared of leveling down.

> 2533274805919869;4:
> > 2535467452509705;1:
> > Is ridiculous. I just searched ten by myself and won nine (the game I lost was a breakout game where I went 14-3 and had a frenzy) and got platinum.
> > The system doesn’t work. I’m onyx in arena on my main account but the placement matches on new accounts are just gold and platinums over and over again, regardless of the fact that I keep winning and putting up big stats. By the fifth or sixth game you should be playing diamonds/onyx but it doesn’t happen.
> > Incredibly annoying.
>
>
> because you are beating low level players. Win against the people in the rank it gave you ad climb up the ranks. IDK why people make new tags like are you really that scared of leveling down.

Scared of levelling down in platinum? hardly. I don’t enjoy playing platinum level players because it’s boring.

When you beat platinum players multiple times in placements it should start playing you against diamonds and so on.

What’s the point of placements if it just matches you against platinums over and over and, when you keep winning and putting up big stats, puts you in platinum at the end anyway? so flawed.

At least it’s not nearly as broken as it was at launch.

> 2535467452509705;5:
> > 2533274805919869;4:
> > > 2535467452509705;1:
> > >

Im diamond and i play against Onyx all the time. I doubt it only puts you against other Plats

> 2533274805919869;7:
> > 2535467452509705;5:
> > > 2533274805919869;4:
> > > > 2535467452509705;1:
> > > >
>
>
> Im diamond and i play against Onyx all the time. I doubt it only puts you against other Plats

I’m not talking about the onyx account, I’m on about this new one. The third game of the placement was majority platinum and that was the way it was for all of the matches despite me winning all but one (the ninth game, where I went 14-3 in breakout).

Where is the sense in matching me against plats five games in a row when I’m winning easily?

The system should match you against diamonds/onyx but it doesn’t, that’s the problem.

> 2535467452509705;8:
> > 2533274805919869;7:
> > > 2535467452509705;5:
> > > > 2533274805919869;4:
> > > > > 2535467452509705;1:
> > > > >
> >
> >
> > Im diamond and i play against Onyx all the time. I doubt it only puts you against other Plats
>
>
> I’m not talking about the onyx account, I’m on about this new one. The third game of the placement was majority platinum and that was the way it was for all of the matches despite me winning all but one (the ninth game, where I went 14-3 in breakout).
>
> Where is the sense in matching me against plats five games in a row when I’m winning easily?
>
> The system should match you against diamonds/onyx but it doesn’t, that’s the problem.

I have seen Diamonds carry Onyx many times and i have gotten Onyx on my team that i wonder how the heck they got Onyx because they played like Plats.
Just keep playing then you will rank up.

Seems to be getting harder for the new guys. I had a mate in my party last night join us for Breakout and we did ok and he got ranked Bronze 1 after his placement match’s were done lol.

It goes off your MMR too, so last season’s CSR is considered.
If a new account, you start with no MMR and it will rank you lower.

Im pissed too, in Breakout I won 9/10, went very positive in those 9 and got two immortals.
My last game we came up against a better team, I went negative and we lost and I only got Plat 1.
At least give me Diamond geeze!
Am Onyx in Slayer, so I have an idea what the rank/skill gaps are.

Also playing platinum’s is a nice change, im Plat in Team Arena simply so I can have some casual games when my connection is being -Yoink- (happens more often than not) and not get so sweaty in Slayer.

I’ve heard a rumor that individual performance is taken heavily into account in the first few games of the placements. This is a big part of why onyx players will almost always absolutely steamroll their first game then the 2nd and 3rd are more even. My first placement almost always seems to be against gold or lower players who are extremely easy to beat so I’ll win and get most kills. Then the game sees that and decides I shouldn’t be playing against gold/silver.

This is completely unconfirmed. Just a theory.

> 2533274952593678;11:
> It goes off your MMR too, so last season’s CSR is considered.
> If a new account, you start with no MMR and it will rank you lower.
>
> Im pissed too, in Breakout I won 9/10, went very positive in those 9 and got two immortals.
> My last game we came up against a better team, I went negative and we lost and I only got Plat 1.
> At least give me Diamond geeze!
> Am Onyx in Slayer, so I have an idea what the rank/skill gaps are.
>
> Also playing platinum’s is a nice change, im Plat in Team Arena simply so I can have some casual games when my connection is being -Yoink- (happens more often than not) and not get so sweaty in Slayer.

give you Onyx in Breakout because you are Onyx in Team slayer?
The games play completely different how.

> 2533274805919869;9:
> > 2535467452509705;8:
> > > 2533274805919869;7:
> > > > 2535467452509705;5:
> > > > > 2533274805919869;4:
> > > > > > 2535467452509705;1:
> > > > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Im diamond and i play against Onyx all the time. I doubt it only puts you against other Plats
> >
> >
> > I’m not talking about the onyx account, I’m on about this new one. The third game of the placement was majority platinum and that was the way it was for all of the matches despite me winning all but one (the ninth game, where I went 14-3 in breakout).
> >
> > Where is the sense in matching me against plats five games in a row when I’m winning easily?
> >
> > The system should match you against diamonds/onyx but it doesn’t, that’s the problem.
>
>
> I have seen Diamonds carry Onyx many times and i have gotten Onyx on my team that i wonder how the heck they got Onyx because they played like Plats.
> Just keep playing then you will rank up.

I’m not disputing that at all and I could play up through the ranks without that much difficulty but that’s not the point.

It’s the placement system being an inaccurate, inconsistent waste of time that’s the issue.

The placement matches should test you against diamond/onyx players when you keep winning but it doesn’t if you search solo, that’s the problem.

> 2533274805919869;13:
> > 2533274952593678;11:
> > It goes off your MMR too, so last season’s CSR is considered.
> > If a new account, you start with no MMR and it will rank you lower.
> >
> > Im pissed too, in Breakout I won 9/10, went very positive in those 9 and got two immortals.
> > My last game we came up against a better team, I went negative and we lost and I only got Plat 1.
> > At least give me Diamond geeze!
> > Am Onyx in Slayer, so I have an idea what the rank/skill gaps are.
> >
> > Also playing platinum’s is a nice change, im Plat in Team Arena simply so I can have some casual games when my connection is being -Yoink- (happens more often than not) and not get so sweaty in Slayer.
>
>
> give you Onyx in Breakout because you are Onyx in Team slayer?
> The games play completely different how.

An onyx in slayer is not a platinum in breakout. Period.

> 2535467452509705;14:
> > 2533274805919869;9:
> > > 2535467452509705;8:
> > > > 2533274805919869;7:
> > > > > 2535467452509705;5:
> > > > > > 2533274805919869;4:
> > > > > > > 2535467452509705;1:
> > > > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Im diamond and i play against Onyx all the time. I doubt it only puts you against other Plats
> > >
> > >
> > > I
>
>
> I’m not disputing that at all and I could play up through the ranks without that much difficulty but that’s not the point.
>
> It’s the placement system being an inaccurate, inconsistent waste of time that’s the issue.
>
> The placement matches should test you against diamond/onyx players when you keep winning but it doesn’t if you search solo, that’s the problem.

i played solo 95% of my Arena matches

> 2533274913936758;15:
> > 2533274805919869;13:
> > > 2533274952593678;11:
> > >
>
>
> An onyx in slayer is not a platinum in breakout. Period.

Thats your opinion, like i said the games play different.

> 2533274805919869;13:
> > 2533274952593678;11:
> > It goes off your MMR too, so last season’s CSR is considered.
> > If a new account, you start with no MMR and it will rank you lower.
> >
> > Im pissed too, in Breakout I won 9/10, went very positive in those 9 and got two immortals.
> > My last game we came up against a better team, I went negative and we lost and I only got Plat 1.
> > At least give me Diamond geeze!
> > Am Onyx in Slayer, so I have an idea what the rank/skill gaps are.
> >
> > Also playing platinum’s is a nice change, im Plat in Team Arena simply so I can have some casual games when my connection is being -Yoink- (happens more often than not) and not get so sweaty in Slayer.
>
>
> give you Onyx in Breakout because you are Onyx in Team slayer?
> The games play completely different how.

No way dude! But 9 games out of 10 (Breakout) WERE Onyx level plays and only get (actually it was Gold 6, not even Plat!) out of it? Really, one game makes 2 whole ranks difference? I thought I would get Diamond at least.
The friends I was playing with all got Diamond (they already had a few games under their belt when I started my placements) so when we finally lost (was my last placement game) they were already ranked. The -Yoink- thing was I was playing better than them in those games. Higher kills, less deaths… Just makes no sense.

Sure going negative and a loss can mean no Onyx, but to be ranked Gold 6? Even my friends couldn’t believe it. You really had to see it to believe it lol

Now it’s really hard to find Breakout games in Australia, no way I’m ranking up, most of the time it throws you back to the menu due to ‘not enough player numbers for this playlist’

All should start bronze, and then just lvl up. Would be no more post on the forum about this ranking system that is not giving them their rank.