The Pit........only in MLG?

Posted this over at Bungie.net, recommended I post it here.

Was just curious if there’s been any talk to incorporate the map The Pit in the competitive playlist. Love the map and would like to be able to play it with non-MLG players also?

the map sucks for reach’s gameplay though, the only reason the map works in MLG is because it is designed for that specific gameplay, anything outside of MLG and it will be horrible because AA’s completely change things.

There have been quite a few threads on this. I would like to see it in atleast SWAT/Snipers. However most agree that any other AA’s (other than sprint) would not work well on the map… =/

I would still like to see it, at least in other competitive playlists.

It would work with any playlist without jet pack. The biggest issue would be the screen lag it causes. It’s easily the laggiest map out of all the MLG forged ones.

> I would still like to see it, at least in other competitive playlists.

if arena goes sprint only then sure, why not, the gameplay would be pretty close to that of previous halo’s so it might fit in.

> It would work with any playlist without jet pack. The biggest issue would be the screen lag it causes. It’s easily the laggiest map out of all the MLG forged ones.

i think JP would be awesome on it if they put a roof on it

> > It would work with any playlist without jet pack. The biggest issue would be the screen lag it causes. It’s easily the laggiest map out of all the MLG forged ones.
>
> i think JP would be awesome on it if they put a roof on it

Yeah, thats the main issue. There’s no real height control in the Pit, so if it had a low roof I could see it not being a huge deal. The biggest issue is the screen lag though. I’ve gotten so many bloodshots on that map it’s ridiculous.

> > It would work with any playlist without jet pack. The biggest issue would be the screen lag it causes. It’s easily the laggiest map out of all the MLG forged ones.
>
> i think JP would be awesome on it if they put a roof on it

it has a hard kill for a roof i think, or, the roofs have hardkills ontop of them so jetpackers instantly die, though, the problem with this is that there is no warning, you just drop dead with no warning that you are leaving the normal playing bounderies of the map, where as putting a soft kills about 3 secounds a head of them gives players enough time to change corse and warned that they are leaving the bounderies of the map, if they go further and die then they got warned and it is their own fault.

I’d like to see it in Objective. That playlist can house more custom maps than most, because the only AA’s we deal with are Evade, Sprint, and sometimes Camo. You can’t really break maps with those. Other playlists have AL and Jetpack, which Jetpack is really the only big problem.

Map cannot be played in playlists with more than 1 player local restrictions which is only MLG.

/thread

Kinda agree. Put it in Arena. I will NEVER play MLG again. Even though I was just starting to do decent after that moron hacked my 360 this morning in MLG NEVER AGAIN.