The physical description of the Forerunners

It seems that Evolutions volume 1 and the first two chapters of Cryptum show us an almost clear physical description of the Forerunners. They seem to be a bipedal species with very human charecteristics and have fur. In fact, it seems that they look exactly like humans, except with fur instead of hair. But (if I’m correct) this does meen that the appearance of the Forerunners in Halo Legends was correct and not Cortana’s interpitation (I personlly think Cortana saw a recording of the events in Origins 1 from the Forerunner relic in Reach). Yet, I really feel as if I would need to see an offical or even fan made drawing of a Forerunner (matching the description) to see if I got this right, and I think we all would like to see that. But I think I have the Forerunner’s physical decription, but I’m not sure. What do you think?

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Legends, if I remember correctly, you’re seeing Forerunners in armor, not the underlying creature.

When you read Cryptum, much will be answered, and there will be many more questions, trust me. At chapter 12 my mind is already boggled.

> It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Legends, if I remember correctly, you’re seeing Forerunners in armor, not the underlying creature.
>
> When you read Cryptum, much will be answered, and there will be many more questions, trust me. At chapter 12 my mind is already boggled.

YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUTA!

I want Halo Cryptum! Cryptum is the book I’ve been the most excited about! At this rate it’s maybe going to Reach Halo Reach’s hype level! Well… maybe not but… STILL I WANT IT NOW!

I always loosely imagined them as elegant, tall, bird-like humanoids. But I think any concrete description or picture would ruin the mystique which makes the Forerunners so interesting.

> > It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Legends, if I remember correctly, you’re seeing Forerunners in armor, not the underlying creature.
> >
> > When you read Cryptum, much will be answered, and there will be many more questions, trust me. At chapter 12 my mind is already boggled.
>
> YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUTA!
>
> I want Halo Cryptum! Cryptum is the book I’ve been the most excited about! At this rate it’s maybe going to Reach Halo Reach’s hype level! Well… maybe not but… STILL I WANT IT NOW!

win.

Anyway, I thought Soma (the Painter) was an unknown creature? I’m just going by what Halopedia said, as I myself haven’t read the story, but it says that she wasn’t Forerunner. That she was actually “an individual of unknown species”.

Could just be misinterpretation of course, but I agree with eric in any case:

I WANT THIS NOW!

I’ve always pictured Forerunners to be similar to Xerxes from the movie 300.

> I’ve always pictured Forerunners to be similar to Xerxes from the movie 300.

Interesting, I suppose some classes may be like that.

On a side note somewhat unrelated to physical appearance, I think it’s pretty cool how the Forerunner civilization from Halo lore mimics a possible future humanity. I’m talking about real life, not UNSC. I also see the UNSC as a possibility but a Forerunner-ish civilization does not seem too wild of an idea.

Whenever I think of Forerunner,
I think of the Chozo from Metroid.

> > > It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Legends, if I remember correctly, you’re seeing Forerunners in armor, not the underlying creature.
> > >
> > > When you read Cryptum, much will be answered, and there will be many more questions, trust me. At chapter 12 my mind is already boggled.
> >
> > YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUTA!
> >
> > I want Halo Cryptum! Cryptum is the book I’ve been the most excited about! At this rate it’s maybe going to Reach Halo Reach’s hype level! Well… maybe not but… STILL I WANT IT NOW!
>
> win.
>
> Anyway, I thought Soma (the Painter) was an unknown creature? I’m just going by what Halopedia said, as I myself haven’t read the story, but it says that she wasn’t Forerunner. That she was actually “an individual of unknown species”.
>
> Could just be misinterpretation of course, but I agree with eric in any case:
>
> I WANT THIS NOW!

They never say she’s a Forerunner, but it’s pretty heavily implied. And as of Cryptum, Halopedia has reclassified her as a Forerunner.

> > > It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Legends, if I remember correctly, you’re seeing Forerunners in armor, not the underlying creature.
> > >
> > > When you read Cryptum, much will be answered, and there will be many more questions, trust me. At chapter 12 my mind is already boggled.
> >
> > YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUTA!
> >
> > I want Halo Cryptum! Cryptum is the book I’ve been the most excited about! At this rate it’s maybe going to Reach Halo Reach’s hype level! Well… maybe not but… STILL I WANT IT NOW!
>
> win.
>
> Anyway, I thought Soma (the Painter) was an unknown creature? I’m just going by what Halopedia said, as I myself haven’t read the story, but it says that she wasn’t Forerunner. That she was actually “an individual of unknown species”.
>
> Could just be misinterpretation of course, but I agree with eric in any case:
>
> I WANT THIS NOW!

Soma is a Forerunner. She lived on the planet Seaward (or, G617-g1 from the Terminals) which was the first planet the Flood attacked.

Well, in Cryptum isn’t said so much about Forerunners’ appearance… even when BornStellar stays naked almost all the first quarter of the book! And they seem to have fur only in their heads, and thinner than ours.

And what is that story from Evolutions Vol. 1? I’ve the normal edition (doesn’t say volumen) and there’s not such story.

> YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUTA!
>
> I want Halo Cryptum! Cryptum is the book I’ve been the most excited about! At this rate it’s maybe going to Reach Halo Reach’s hype level! Well… maybe not but… STILL I WANT IT NOW!

I can lend you the digital version legally via Amazon for two weeks, PM me. I’m liking it :slight_smile: