The Phantom Spartans glitch is back?

Remember back on Halo 2 and 3 there was a rare glitch that caused AI to spawn as players in game? These players showed little animation, gliding around on the ground with no walk cycle. Well I’ve had two games where I see invisible players. Once was on my team and he took off an enemy on my tank, even other players were asking “who’s the guy with no name.” Just now I had one attacking our Wraiths.

Is this a player that left the game and something odd happened to their character model? This person killed me and had no name. Was not viewable through the replay and I looked at his armor/weapon skin only to find no other players in our game that had it. Even the people who left the game early don’t match his. For some odd reason it seems as if he was invisible while boarding my vehicle, only in view when I pause after he sticks the nade and pan the camera down.

I thought it was a Theater replay glitch the first time, but I saw it again during a game where this person had no name and was floating around. Can someone debunk this?

Here’s the Wraith take down
Xbox Game Clip

It’s obviously the Ghosts from Meridian.

A mere coincidence that an OP like yourself posts such a strange clip, right before the update Ghosts of Meridian?

But in all honestly, that is a pretty weird glitch. Surprised that the Ghosts of Halo are back in Halo 5 considering that they seemed to have vanished since after Reach.

Ghost foot prints

Check this out, the ghost is real!

> 2533274806718820;3:
> Ghost foot prints
>
> Check this out, the ghost is real!

With the complete -Yoinked!- up physics and abilities the Ghosts of Halo do and preform… I wouldn’t be surprised if they can glue themselves to walls and walk up that way now.

Probably a combination of laggers and blocked profiles? If you blocked them and run against them later on, usually show up nameless.

I’d say it’s some kind of server/connection issue or maybe a problem occurred when he joined in progress.

> 2533274819667356;5:
> Probably a combination of laggers and blocked profiles? If you blocked them and run against them later on, usually show up nameless.

But doesn’t blocking them only disable communications such as muting or speaking with them? Never noticed anyone’s name disappear during online sessions just because I “blocked” them.

lol i like how none of you have ever seen this, this is what happens when you go into theater and attempt to watch someone who quits or joins the game in progress, for whatever reason it shows these players as invisible and their names are invisible in the kill feed.

> 2533274939018653;7:
> > 2533274819667356;5:
> > Probably a combination of laggers and blocked profiles? If you blocked them and run against them later on, usually show up nameless.
>
>
> But doesn’t blocking them only disable communications such as muting or speaking with them? Never noticed anyone’s name disappear during online sessions just because I “blocked” them.

It is pretty pointless, it mutes and other small stuff. I have into a few nameless people back when I still played BF4 on my 360. You can still see their profile, but I think it blocks them from seeing you, otherwise.

> 2533274939018653;2:
> It’s obviously the Ghosts from Meridian.
>
> A mere coincidence that an OP like yourself posts such a strange clip, right before the update Ghosts of Meridian?
>
> But in all honestly, that is a pretty weird glitch. Surprised that the Ghosts of Halo are back in Halo 5 considering that they seemed to have vanished since after Reach.

Right? Especially when you consider the only reason for the glitch was Bungie was going to add AI to fill empty slots but never finished them, then something happened and they started showing up in games.

Halo 5 never had the inclusion of AI players other than the Marines that defend bases. Really weird.

> 2535426438674783;8:
> lol i like how none of you have ever seen this, this is what happens when you go into theater and attempt to watch someone who quits or joins the game in progress, for whatever reason it shows these players as invisible and their names are invisible in the kill feed.

He said this was happening in game though. We are only watching the theatre version. Considering if his whole team was asking who instance guy with no name leans to it happening in game then later OP went into theatre to watch in which he saved the clips at that point.

I KNEW IT! THE GHOSTS ARE BACK

Possible proof of a ghost in a mongoose.

> 2535471595119823;12:
> I KNEW IT! THE GHOSTS ARE BACK
>
> Possible proof of a ghost in a mongoose.
>
>
> > 2535471595119823;12:
> > I KNEW IT! THE GHOSTS ARE BACK
> >
> > Possible proof of a ghost in a mongoose.
>
> That ghost is drunk. Hope you drove him home.

> 2533274832056951;13:
> > 2535471595119823;12:
> > I KNEW IT! THE GHOSTS ARE BACK
> >
> > Possible proof of a ghost in a mongoose.
> >
> >
> > > 2535471595119823;12:
> > > I KNEW IT! THE GHOSTS ARE BACK
> > >
> > > Possible proof of a ghost in a mongoose.
> >
> >
> > That ghost is drunk. Hope you drove him home.

No, I just left it. Your post makes me feel bad now.