The perfect assist system

Halo 4 had it.

There was Flag assists
There was driver assists
There was Ball assists
There was assists for shooting people

Feel free to add things you see fit.
And I might add them to the list

I liked Halo 4’s. One of the few things I did like about H4. I got the Sunspot visor in no time.

I just get a ton of assists, so when I go even it looks like everyone stole my kills.

> I liked Halo 4’s. One of the few things I did like about H4. I got the Sunspot visor in no time.
>
> I just get a ton of assists, so when I go even it looks like everyone stole my kills.

Same, and everyone DOES steal my kills. It’s not that I’m a terrible player :stuck_out_tongue:

OT:
Hill Assists, which would be staying in and around the hill when you are not the scoring player.
Bomb assist- which is pretty straightforward.
Pretty much every objective mode should only display objective assists, as that is supposed to be the focus (but you should still be able to check your medals/advanced stats for normal assists and kills).

We need more spree medals. Right now we only have Wingman for 5 in a row.

You also forgot about the Wheelman medals.

I liked the expansion of assist points for like the driver in halo 4 as it made the player feel needed and rewarded teamwork. However, there doesn’t need to be a medal for everything.

Also, you should get a number of points for the ammount of health you knock off your opponent out of 100 (pts:%).

> I liked Halo 4’s. One of the few things I did like about H4. I got the Sunspot visor in no time.
>
> I just get a ton of assists, so when I go even it looks like everyone stole my kills.

Yeah H4 = Tons of assists

To me it’s like H3 but you get a medal and a visualisation of it

Other wise it’s probably the same system.

> > I liked Halo 4’s. One of the few things I did like about H4. I got the Sunspot visor in no time.
> >
> > I just get a ton of assists, so when I go even it looks like everyone stole my kills.
>
> Yeah H4 = Tons of assists
>
> To me it’s like H3 but you get a medal and a visualisation of it
>
> Other wise it’s probably the same system.

It’s way easier than Halo 3’s system. I picked up 50 assists in 2 games last week. It would probably take me 10 games to do that in H3.

It just makes my stats look better, and makes me look like a REALLY good support player.

> > > I liked Halo 4’s. One of the few things I did like about H4. I got the Sunspot visor in no time.
> > >
> > > I just get a ton of assists, so when I go even it looks like everyone stole my kills.
> >
> > Yeah H4 = Tons of assists
> >
> > To me it’s like H3 but you get a medal and a visualisation of it
> >
> > Other wise it’s probably the same system.
>
> It’s way easier than Halo 3’s system. I picked up 50 assists in 2 games last week. It would probably take me 10 games to do that in H3.
>
> It just makes my stats look better, and makes me look like a REALLY good support player.

yeah yeah ok H4 is easier but like you said - people like it better because they feel they are doing more - and im 100% fine with that

I LOVE MEDALS <3 (I have that GT)

Yeah, I agree that Halo 4 had a great assist system. I’m glad they added in a distraction medal. Not many games have that.

I think that Halo 4 had a great assist system. More sprees should be added and more maybe weapon specific assists like EMP assist. I like it because if it had no assists, I would be low in the scoreboard already, heck I’ve even got people saying I suck because I have hardly more than 15 kills and maybe a few more deaths( yet I would have gotten more if they didn’t steal my kills). It gives good recognition to the person who weakened the prey.
Medals that should be added:
Splatter Assist( hit enemy with vehicle doing at least 25% damage and your ally finishes him)
Turret Assist
Laser Assist
Plasma Assist( any covenant weapon)
Kinetic Assist( any UNSC weapon except the Laser)
Shield Assist( blocked enemy with Hardlight Shield, while causing damage to the enemy user)
HardLight Assist
Team Player( assist certain amount of times in one life.)
The Grim Reeper( sweep up any kills.)

I like how in Reach you got a medal for assist, but you had to do 60% damage.

It’s lacking Regen field teammate healing medals.

> Yeah, I agree that Halo 4 had a great assist system. I’m glad they added in a distraction medal. Not many games have that.

Not sure if ur kidding or not
that is the worst medal you can get other then the come back one

I love all the different assist types that Halo 4 implemented. One thing I would like to change is the flag assist medal. I think that medal should be given a point value based on how far you carried the flag from your base. You don’t know how many times I’ve been killed right near my base by an enemy or by betrayal and only get <mark>15 points</mark>.

I do not like assist. Im my opinion they are very useless. Like one of those medals you give to someone just for trying. “Hey you almost got a kill the whole match, well you shot him once so here +50 points.” Ya no thank you. I just can not stand getting in a game with soeone who is terrible but because of assist and the point system, they actually have good stats.

> I do not like assist. Im my opinion they are very useless. Like one of those medals you give to someone just for trying. “Hey you almost got a kill the whole match, well you shot him once so here <mark>+50 points.” Ya no thank you. I just can not stand getting in a game with soeone who is terrible but because of assist and the point system, they actually have good stats</mark>.

Umm last time I checked you only get 5 points for an assist and your skill as a player is judged as K/D not K/A/D. Assists are a good way to get points for contributing in killing a teammate. Without assists you can shoot an enemy the whole time, then have another teammate shoot the guy once and get all the points for almost no effort.

> Umm last time I checked you only get 5 points for an assist and your skill as a player is judged as K/D not K/A/D. Assists are a good way to get points for contributing in killing a teammate. Without assists you can shoot an enemy the whole time, then have another teammate shoot the guy once and get all the points for almost no effort.

UH it was an exaggeration. Also something called an opinion. Putting more expression why I do not like assist. As for skill I was drifting into another topic. “Contributing” Hey at least you tried, right? My point exactly.

Assists for infantry/vehicle kills, and reaching primary objectives are good and made Halo 4 very engaging.

I’d be careful with the qualifying threshold in Halo 5. For example, one DMR shot to a Scorpion before it explodes is not a vehicle destroy assist. Halo 4 was twitchy like that.

As far as improvements go, I have 2 suggestions:

A more robust commendation associated with assists. In Reach, Assist-Onyx took something like ten thousand assists. In Halo 4, Assist-Master was maybe 1/10 of that.

Also, make the post-game medal browsing easier and more attention grabbing. Halo 4 had all these medals, but they weren’t distinct enough or easy enough to find.

> I do not like assist. Im my opinion they are very useless. Like one of those medals you give to someone just for trying. “Hey you almost got a kill the whole match, well you shot him once so here +50 points.” Ya no thank you. I just can not stand getting in a game with soeone who is terrible but because of assist and the point system, they actually have good stats.

This is a good dig at what Halo 4 did wrong because the system was broken. But assists on the whole are not a bad thing. Is there a better way to indicate teamwork?

If they can strip out the points (stupid idea and a fundamental mistake in Halo 4 IMHO) and make sure that an assist = significant contribution to a kill, then assists are way more valuable then some of the truly worthless medals, like comeback kill.

> I love all the different assist types that Halo 4 implemented. One thing I would like to change is the flag assist medal. I think that medal should be given a point value based on how far you carried the flag from your base. You don’t know how many times I’ve been killed right near my base by an enemy or by betrayal and only get <mark>15 points</mark>.

what about the person that grabs the flag and then dies a min later they get nothing / that’s just kind of silly to me both people should get something i feel like 343 forgot to add that one in the game theirs a medal for everything else why not grabbing the flag