The people who don't come on this forum.....

…Are the best Halo fans, they’re true Halo fans. Their opinions are their own and
no one elses. Since they’re not exposed to all this bad talk about Halo Reach, they
have their own opinions about it.

They have their own opinion about armor lock, maybe they find it annoying, but it doesn’t
ruin the game for them. Their opinion about bloom: They probably don’t find bloom
annoying at all, and it’s far from a game breaker. AAs: They probably think AAs are fun,
because it’s new and different than that of the older Halos.

These peoples ideas and opinions have not been modified by haters and other people on this
forum, their opinion is totally theirs and their own.

And yes I can speak for these people, because I was one of them. With my own opinions
about things, and that was the best part of my Halo playing career. When all I did was
play the game for fun and I didn’t think about how random bloom was and crap.

I think I’m going to try to get off this forum before Halo 4 comes out, for 2 reasons:

#1 Spoilers: I guess this is my own fault, if I didn’t want to know stuff about Halo 4 I
shouldn’t have even come on here.

#2 Opinions: When Halo 4 comes out I don’t wanna here about what other people think
about how much Forerunner Vision is a gamebreaker, because it will start to grow on
me. I want to have my own opinion about Forerunner Vision and how fun it is, not how
stupid it is.

And I know opinions grow on people because most of you that hate Reach use the same
arguments and have the same opinions. Like I here the same argument that bloom is random
and it ads randomness to the game over and over. And the argument that armor lock just
pauses the game for 7 seconds.

So when Halo 4 comes out try to have your own opinions instead of stealing someone
elses. When there’s a thread telling how much a certain perk breaks the game, before
you agree, ask yourself “what do I think about that perk?”

So that’s why I say that people who don’t come on here are the best halo fans, because
the people who hate the game come on here, but people who love it play it.

:slight_smile:

I was never on this forum until a week ago, Played through the original trilogy multiple times but never played MP (because I dislike MP). I skipped ODST and reach because ODST really did not speak to me and because I severely dislike most prequels AND I hate downer endings (so sue me…)

what does that make me?

> I was never on this forum until a week ago, Played through the original trilogy multiple times but never played MP (because I dislike MP). I skipped ODST and reach because ODST really did not speak to me and because I severely dislike most prequels AND I hate downer endings (so sue me…)
>
> what does that make me?

That means that you have your own opinion about ODST and Reach, you dislike prequels.

Most of the arguments here are for MP anyway. But since you don’t play it you don’t have
an opinion about it other than you don’t like playing other people.

> I was never on this forum until a week ago, Played through the original trilogy multiple times but never played MP (because I dislike MP). I skipped ODST and reach because ODST really did not speak to me and because I severely dislike most prequels AND I hate downer endings (so sue me…)
>
> what does that make me?

A fan of certain games, not all.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I was never on this forum until a week ago, Played through the original trilogy multiple times but never played MP (because I dislike MP). I skipped ODST and reach because ODST really did not speak to me and because I severely dislike most prequels AND I hate downer endings (so sue me…)
>
> what does that make me?

A narrow minded person.

The only reason you didn’t mention…the reason those peoples opinions may matter more. And that’s the fact that whether they like the game or hate it they are probably not on here because they are busy trying to enjoy the game. Really though I hate that you make it seem like everyone is as easily influenced as you are. Plus anyone that knows anything about video games wouldn’t have to come here to figure out that Aim Acceleration has been in Halo and has been ruining it since Halo 3, Bloom is in Reach, Armor Lock can be OP, and all the other really apparent bad things with Halo.

Most of us hate on these things because they suck and slow the game down. You probably just weren’t aware that they existed. I know a bunch of people on here still like Reach but they try to give input on what to do and what not to do. Most of the things people complain about slow the game down and in a ton of peoples eyes Halo is supposed to be frantic and fast paced. Bloom, Armor Lock, Aim acceleration etc… all slow the game down. That’s why we complain about them. If you played all the previous games and can’t tell that those things slow the game down you simply know nothing about the basics of game mechanics.

Most people don’t understand that on forums such as these. We are the 1%. The overwhelming majority of people who buy and play these games won’t even know what bloom is or how it affected Reach. Hell, I play with a group who plays 2-3 days a week in multiplayer and if I didn’t explain it to them, they would have NEVER known.

It just doesn’t matter to that level to the majority.

As with any product, the argument can be made that it’s the true enthusiasts who promote the product and will be the support behind it in the end, but that’s not typically true if you do market research.

Essentially what I’m saying is, 343i will make Halo 4 as they see fit. Millions of people will buy it, play it, and love it. The 1,000 people on Waypoint arguing about Forerunner Vision? To be blunt…they mean nothing in the end.

I also like spoilers

:stuck_out_tongue:

and apparently having tastes makes me narrow minded too

lovely

> Most people don’t understand that on forums such as these. We are the 1%. The overwhelming majority of people who buy and play these games won’t even know what bloom is or how it affected Reach. Hell, I play with a group who plays 2-3 days a week in multiplayer and if I didn’t explain it to them, they would have NEVER known.
>
> It just doesn’t matter to that level to the majority.
>
> As with any product, the argument can be made that it’s the true enthusiasts who promote the product and will be the support behind it in the end, but that’s not typically true if you do market research.
>
>
> Essentially what I’m saying is, 343i will make Halo 4 as they see fit. Millions of people will buy it, play it, and love it. The 1,000 people on Waypoint arguing about Forerunner Vision? To be blunt…they mean nothing in the end.

If FRV sucks then yes they do matter in the end… Why do you think a classic playlist was added to Reach long before CEA? The classic fans that know what Halo used to be voiced their opinions. What about AL… Why was it dumbed down? The people here complained about how OP it was. While we are a small group our voice is very apparent. While some people sit on here and let 343 know which parts of the game aren’t working at their full potential… Others are sitting on the game enjoying the changes they have made because of us. I’ve never seen someone NOT voice their opinion and get things done…

The forums are a vocal minority but they are the ones that are trying to really get the game to it’s fullest potential. That’s why we’re on here before the game even launches… Some of us for more than a year just trying to give 343 input on how to make the game faster paced and exciting.

> …ansAre the best Halo fans, <mark>they’re true Halo f.</mark> Their opinions are their own and
> no one elses. Since they’re not exposed to all this bad talk about Halo Reach, they
> have their own opinions about it.
>
>
>
> :slight_smile:

I beg your pardon kind sir/madam…Just because you’re Not on here doesn’t make you True Halo fan. :frowning:

> > Most people don’t understand that on forums such as these. We are the 1%. The overwhelming majority of people who buy and play these games won’t even know what bloom is or how it affected Reach. Hell, I play with a group who plays 2-3 days a week in multiplayer and if I didn’t explain it to them, they would have NEVER known.
> >
> > It just doesn’t matter to that level to the majority.
> >
> > As with any product, the argument can be made that it’s the true enthusiasts who promote the product and will be the support behind it in the end, but that’s not typically true if you do market research.
> >
> >
> > Essentially what I’m saying is, 343i will make Halo 4 as they see fit. Millions of people will buy it, play it, and love it. The 1,000 people on Waypoint arguing about Forerunner Vision? To be blunt…they mean nothing in the end.
>
> If FRV sucks then yes they do matter in the end… Why do you think a classic playlist was added to Reach long before CEA? The classic fans that know what Halo used to be voiced their opinions. What about AL… Why was it dumbed down? The people here complained about how OP it was. While we are a small group our voice is very apparent. While some people sit on here and let 343 know which parts of the game aren’t working at their full potential… Others are sitting on the game enjoying the changes they have made because of us. I’ve never seen someone NOT voice their opinion and get things done…
>
> The forums are a vocal minority but they are the ones that are trying to really get the game to it’s fullest potential. That’s why we’re on here before the game even launches… Some of us for more than a year just trying to give 343 input on how to make the game faster paced and exciting.

I agree. What I’m saying is it doesn’t matter (largely) to MS from a financial perspective.

The points you make, which are valid, speak more to the dedication and support that Bungie and now 343i have towards their community. And I think we almost all agree that they are 2nd to none and one of the main reasons I will continue to support Halo 100%.

> …Are the best Halo fans, they’re true Halo fans. Their opinions are their own and
> no one elses. Since they’re not exposed to all this bad talk about Halo Reach, they
> have their own opinions about it.
>
> They have their own opinion about armor lock, maybe they find it annoying, but it doesn’t
> ruin the game for them. Their opinion about bloom: They probably don’t find bloom
> annoying at all, and it’s far from a game breaker. AAs: They probably think AAs are fun,
> because it’s new and different than that of the older Halos.
>
> These peoples ideas and opinions have not been modified by haters and other people on this
> forum, their opinion is totally theirs and their own.
>
> And yes I can speak for these people, because I was one of them. With my own opinions
> about things, and that was the best part of my Halo playing career. When all I did was
> play the game for fun and I didn’t think about how random bloom was and crap.
>
> I think I’m going to try to get off this forum before Halo 4 comes out, for 2 reasons:
>
> #1 Spoilers: I guess this is my own fault, if I didn’t want to know stuff about Halo 4 I
> shouldn’t have even come on here.
>
> #2 Opinions: When Halo 4 comes out I don’t wanna here about what other people think
> about how much Forerunner Vision is a gamebreaker, because it will start to grow on
> me. I want to have my own opinion about Forerunner Vision and how fun it is, not how
> stupid it is.
>
> And I know opinions grow on people because most of you that hate Reach use the same
> arguments and have the same opinions. Like I here the same argument that bloom is random
> and it ads randomness to the game over and over. And the argument that armor lock just
> pauses the game for 7 seconds.
>
> So when Halo 4 comes out try to have your own opinions instead of stealing someone
> elses. When there’s a thread telling how much a certain perk breaks the game, before
> you agree, ask yourself “what do I think about that perk?”
>
> So that’s why I say that people who don’t come on here are the best halo fans, because
> the people who hate the game come on here, but people who love it play it.
>
> :slight_smile:

C’mon, man. Just because a large group of people all share the same opinion doesn’t mean that they’re just copying each other. So all the people raging about bloom are doing it because they hear other people doing it? So does that mean that initially only one person had a problem with bloom and then two people copied them, and then two people copied them, and then two people copied them, and so on, and so on? I think it’s easier to believe that a large portion of halo players had a problem with a new element to their beloved franchise.

I don’t want to be harsh bro, but sometimes people start threads like these in an attempt to invalidate arguments that they don’t agree with. Not saying that’s what you’re doing here, but expect some people to percieve it that way.

I guess I can agree with the OP. I never came on here until about 1-2 weeks ago. I was mainly trying (and succeeding) to enjoy Reach. Albeit I’m not the biggest fan of some of the things in Reach, but I still try to have fun in it. After all, it is just a game. The main reason I even come on here is to see screenshots (if any) and any campaign news for Halo 4.

They are the best simply because they don’t come to share their views in the forums?

The do something way better, they stop playing that bad game and go play something else, I still remember when Reach had over 500k people online at a time after one week of release, and now there is almost never 100k at a time.

They probably didn’t like some of the following, bloom, AAs, melee system, ranking system, moving speed, jump height, playlists and they want play another game without sharing their reasons in the forums.

If you can’t take opinions, that’s fine, you might or might not get used to it, and if you don’t then wait till Halo 4, oh yeah, there will be even more opinions in the future, so there’s only one option, stay out forever or stay in now and then.

It’s a fact that Reach went in the wrong direction with many things, the implementation of many features could have been better, and I am happy for 343i to fix them instead of removing them completely.

The OP is partly correct. Those who come onto this forum do have their opinions changed by the influence of others. For example I am probably changing your opinion right now in some form; however to say that those who don’t come onto the forum are fans and those who do are not fans is incorrect. I AM a halo fan and I AM on the forums. But I see your point.

I too will be going off the forums now that the lead up for Halo 4 has gone into full swing.

Well 'm at this forums and has no problems with bloom neither Reach. Love to play Arena but dislike all AA avaliable at TS.
I do play a lot MLG these days
and Arena too, so, I can Live up with the differences.

I talk about Halo 4 with everyone over at NeoGAF, but I still poke in here every now and then.

Since you visit these forums that means your not a true Halo fan either :l

> #2 Opinions: When Halo 4 comes out I don’t wanna here about what other people think
> about how much Forerunner Vision is a gamebreaker, because it will start to grow on
> me. I want to have my own opinion about Forerunner Vision and how fun it is, not how
> stupid it is.

So basically you don’t want to accept the fact that certain mechanics in Halo are reducing the skill-gap and providing for a very non-competitive environment?

You can form your own opinion, but in order to have an informed and intelligent opinion you need to know the criticisms of others and publish your thoughts and opinions about the Halo series so other people can criticize your arguments. Without that, you’re just intentionally putting yourself in a bubble, putting your fingers in your ears and screaming “LALALALALALALA!”

You’ll be better for it, trust me.