The other thing about CSR

The other thing about CSR:

Why must we start from rank 0?

I want my CSR to be correct from my first playday.

I’d rather it start at the beginning and work it up. Other wise it will most likely just hover in the same area the whole time.

I suggested they start with a “guesstimate” based on play up until now, but in the end, it will only take a few days of play to get you where you belong.

Nope, if it didn’t reset that would mean everyone who has used the DMR + Boltshot + Active Camo pre-patch would most likely have a higher CSR than what they should.

> The other thing about CSR:
>
> Why must we start from rank 0?
>
> I want my CSR to be correct from my first playday.

Because it is for CSR enabled playlists that have not been added yet.

> We want to start every player fresh so they can experience the journey. We feel part of the rank experience is starting at 1 and feeling the sense of accomplishment when ranking up.

Source: bs angel

Beyond this, we’ve had title updates and playlists will change for CSR. It’s also possible 343 is enticing players to return to the game so they can be ranked.

> Nope, if it didn’t reset that would mean everyone who has used the DMR + Boltshot + Active Camo pre-patch would most likely have a higher CSR than what they should.

This. Starting from a clean slate means there will eventually be a natural segregation between all the skill ranks. In theory it should mean a more even playing field (player skill-wise) and more competitive matches.

Why?

It will also most likely only be in a few playlists. I’m a halo fanatic, but a casual gamer. I doubt I have much to worry about since I mainly play BTB. I doubt CSR will be introduced into any other game types besides IS and Regicide, at least at first.

> > We want to start every player fresh so they can experience the journey. We feel part of the rank experience is starting at 1 and feeling the sense of accomplishment when ranking up.
>
> Source: bs angel
>
>
> Beyond this, we’ve had title updates and playlists will change for CSR. It’s also possible 343 is enticing players to return to the game so they can be ranked.

It won’t be bringing anybody back unless it is visible in-game.

CSR pfff… Means nothing ( In a couple of months in the forums)

I’ve been playing with aim-assist off and the controller upside down in preparation for CSR starting me at the bottom. I should pull quite a few games against players with low trueskill ratings and rank up faster

> Nope, if it didn’t reset that would mean everyone who has used the DMR + Boltshot + Active Camo pre-patch would most likely have a higher CSR than what they should.

You are absolutely correct. However, I do very much like the idea of dirty players being thrown in with good players, and given a much needed kicking.