The Other Forge Environments

Alright, so the Forge Map we saw at RTX had a green environment with grass and trees and water, much like Forge World; and I believe someone said there would be 3 Forge Maps altogether.

My question is: what environments do you think the other 2 maps will have?

My guess is one will be a desert-themed map and the other will be snow-themed (considering on how these are common map themes for Halo MP maps).

Discuss.

I hope there is a lava themed one.

Don’t care. That Forerunner structure on Ravine is already perfect. I need no other place to forge, really.

I’d really like a mountainous environment with lava and snow.

Lava and snow would be very cool. I like how we have 3 forge specific maps… did they say we will have them right off the bat or will the other 2 be released down the road…?

Whatever they are, I hope each map is as big as Forge World on Reach, if not bigger.

People say that Ravine looks small. Watch closely (not that closely, actually) and you will easily be able to tell that they stayed mostly in the same general area. We may be able to go off to the islands in the distance or up in the mountains above us, or perhaps to the other sie of the Forerunner structure or the island they were on the demo.

People need to wait before sayng how small Ravine is. The demo was short,and I’m sure more footage and details will come soon.

> I hope there is a lava themed one.

That would be totally wicked 100% awesome cool. Especially with the dynamic lighting. it would probably have to be a bit smaller though, because of how graphically intensive it would be.

> Lava and snow would be very cool. I like how we have 3 forge specific maps… did they say we will have them right off the bat or will the other 2 be released down the road…?

The other 2 will be released with the game, not DLC.

Though that begs the question: will there be DLC Forge maps?

> Whatever they are, I hope each map is as big as Forge World on Reach, if not bigger.
>
> People say that Ravine looks small. Watch closely (not that closely, actually) and you will easily be able to tell that they stayed mostly in the same general area. We may be able to go off to the islands in the distance or up in the mountains above us, or perhaps to the other sie of the Forerunner structure or the island they were on the demo.
>
> People need to wait before sayng how small Ravine is. The demo was short,and I’m sure more footage and details will come soon.

When you look at it from a gameplay perspective, Ravine isn’t that small. You have such a huge area off that cliff to forge on anyway.
We don’t need Forge World-size maps ever again. Smaller maps with more diverse aesthetics are fine.

> > Whatever they are, I hope each map is as big as Forge World on Reach, if not bigger.
> >
> > People say that Ravine looks small. Watch closely (not that closely, actually) and you will easily be able to tell that they stayed mostly in the same general area. We may be able to go off to the islands in the distance or up in the mountains above us, or perhaps to the other sie of the Forerunner structure or the island they were on the demo.
> >
> > People need to wait before sayng how small Ravine is. The demo was short,and I’m sure more footage and details will come soon.
>
> When you look at it from a gameplay perspective, Ravine isn’t that small. You have such a huge area off that cliff to forge on anyway.
> <mark>We don’t need Forge World-size maps ever again.</mark> Smaller maps with more diverse aesthetics are fine.

Speak for yourself.

If we DO see DLC forge maps, I really hope 343 will be smart and make them free. Tempest and Ridgline both had their flaws as forge maps, but both had potential. Problem was the DLC was a barrier to access. It doesn’t matter how awesome your map is if 2/3 of the community can’t play it.

> Whatever they are, I hope each map is as big as Forge World on Reach, if not bigger.
>
> People say that Ravine looks small. Watch closely (not that closely, actually) and you will easily be able to tell that they stayed mostly in the same general area. We may be able to go off to the islands in the distance or up in the mountains above us, or perhaps to the other sie of the Forerunner structure or the island they were on the demo.
>
> People need to wait before sayng how small Ravine is. The demo was short,and I’m sure more footage and details will come soon.

When you have maps the size of Forge World it becomes difficult to make a map without having frame rate lag happen somewhere on the map.

It would be better to make more maps, which it seems 343 is doing, instead of trying to fill a map with lots of different areas. In the end, you get the same spaces to forge, without having all of the problems associated with a huge map filled with different objects.

> I’d really like a mountainous environment with lava and snow.

That would be a very interesting and beautiful place to Forge. :3

> > > Whatever they are, I hope each map is as big as Forge World on Reach, if not bigger.
> > >
> > > People say that Ravine looks small. Watch closely (not that closely, actually) and you will easily be able to tell that they stayed mostly in the same general area. We may be able to go off to the islands in the distance or up in the mountains above us, or perhaps to the other sie of the Forerunner structure or the island they were on the demo.
> > >
> > > People need to wait before sayng how small Ravine is. The demo was short,and I’m sure more footage and details will come soon.
> >
> > When you look at it from a gameplay perspective, Ravine isn’t that small. You have such a huge area off that cliff to forge on anyway.
> > <mark>We don’t need Forge World-size maps ever again.</mark> Smaller maps with more diverse aesthetics are fine.
>
> Speak for yourself.

Well, there is no need for maps that size. You end up building in a single spot, with the rest going unused.

I like the way that they are creating 3 different play spaces, because a legit map would only use 1/3 of forgeworlds space. When jack and geoff played horse they were a ways out of the “small Revine”

> > > Whatever they are, I hope each map is as big as Forge World on Reach, if not bigger.
> > >
> > > People say that Ravine looks small. Watch closely (not that closely, actually) and you will easily be able to tell that they stayed mostly in the same general area. We may be able to go off to the islands in the distance or up in the mountains above us, or perhaps to the other sie of the Forerunner structure or the island they were on the demo.
> > >
> > > People need to wait before sayng how small Ravine is. The demo was short,and I’m sure more footage and details will come soon.
> >
> > When you look at it from a gameplay perspective, Ravine isn’t that small. You have such a huge area off that cliff to forge on anyway.
> > <mark>We don’t need Forge World-size maps ever again.</mark> Smaller maps with more diverse aesthetics are fine.
>
> Speak for yourself.

He’s right though. Forge World’s size was impressive but in the long run in every map the size was too much. The game had to render the entire map all the time, every time and with too much the game would suffer from those visual tears on screen. We would honestly benefit more with more than one forge map with different aesthetics and sizes where the biggest map size would be relative to something like sandtrap and blood gulch. Those Halo 3 forge maps were small where it easy to use the whole map but big enough to where you could make a big map to accommodate vehicle gameplay. I rather have 3 forge maps where one was like the traditional halo world setting, a snowy map, and a sand covered map than the one HUGE where everything looks the same. A map where there will never be a situation were you could fully utilize all the assets and still have a functioning map.

Did anyone notice how the building on the map we were shown were very human-ish? They had pipes and stuff that you could clearly see through the metal grill thing on top. Seeing as there are 3 different ones, maybe there is a Covenant one and a Forerunner one?/

> > >
> > >
> >
>
> Speak for yourself.

I just want them to be somewhat slightly smaller than forge world, if so my forge dreams would come true

the forge map used at RTX was requiem , looks pretty sweet i wonder what others they in store for us.

> Don’t care. That Forerunner structure on <mark>Ravine</mark> is already perfect. I need no other place to forge, really.
>
> I’d really like a mountainous environment with lava and snow.

whats that?

I think Ravine is the name of the map they showed us…that, or else it was the name of the specific area they were in (sort of like how in Forge World we had Coastline, Coliseum, etc).