The 'Ordnance Drop' Thread

State your opinions, concerns, and questions about the new ‘Ordnance Drop’ (OD) feature in Halo 4.

P.S.
Please do not flame or attack others.
Please only reply constructively and on-topic.

• III P u r 3 III -

I like it, but from what I’ve seen from the CENSORED, they were not as I expected.

From what I’ve read weapons will spawn at random times at one of a number of possible locations and that would mean that people would often times just have a power weapons spawn infront of them adding in an extra random elemnt to the game.

My opinions:

.They sound like a cool concept and will be a nice feature if co-ordinated properly.
.OMG! They drop from the air!

My one concern:

How often will they drop?

> From what I’ve read weapons will spawn at random times at one of a number of possible locations and that would mean that people would often times just have a power weapons spawn infront of them adding in an extra random elemnt to the game.

No no no. There will be set places where they can drop and you have notification of where and when they’ll drop.

One thing that is random is what weapon drops.

> My opinions:
>
> .They sound like a cool concept and will be a nice feature if co-ordinated properly.
> .OMG! They drop from the air!
>
>
> My one concern:
>
> How often will they drop?

I’m not sure if the drop rate is random or set, have they confirmed anything about the subject?

> My opinions:
>
> .They sound like a cool concept and will be a nice feature if co-ordinated properly.
>
>
> My one concern:
>

perhaps there are two types.

TYPE A is after you get a certain CENSORED of CENSORED

and

TYPE B is just an overall CENSORED

perhaps…I am deducting from available CENSORED.

> > My opinions:
> >
> > .They sound like a cool concept and will be a nice feature if co-ordinated properly.
> > .OMG! They drop from the air!
> >
> >
> > My one concern:
> >
> > How often will they drop?
>
> perhaps there are two types.
>
> TYPE A is after you get a certain CENSORED of CENSORED
>
> and
>
> TYPE B is just an overall CENSORED
>
> perhaps…I am deducting from available CENSORED.

What’s with all the censors? XD

> My opinions:
>
>
>
> My one concern:
>

Even better question: How long will it be till someone get’s splattered by a ordinance drop pod? My bet is within 24 hours of the game being released.

I like the concept though.

> > From what I’ve read weapons will spawn at random times at one of a number of possible locations and that would mean that people would often times just have a power weapons spawn infront of them adding in an extra random elemnt to the game.
>
> No no no. There will be set places where they can drop and you have notification of where and when they’ll drop.
>
> One thing that is random is what weapon drops.

But that would still have problems.
Like just say one team is out playing the other and then there’s a “notification” that a power weapon is gonna drop where the losing team spawns, then they’ll just have to camp out to gain an advantage over the other team even though they did nothing for this advantage other then being in the right place at the right time.

> > My opinions:
> >
> > .They sound like a cool concept and will be a nice feature if co-ordinated properly.
> >
> >
> > My one concern:
> >
>
> I’m not sure if the drop rate is random or set, have they confirmed anything about the subject?

little is actually confirmed. Especially since things change…

and what little else isn’t confirmed is difficult to talk about. especially on here.

and is also incomplete information from CENSORED.

> > My opinions:
> >
> >
> >
> > My one concern:
> >
>
> Even better question: How long will it be till someone get’s splattered by a ordinance drop pod? My bet is within 24 hours of the game being released.
>
> I like the concept though.

Me, I’ll get splattered; for funsies XD

Could be cool. It could make different areas of the map more significant if they do it right.

If the weapon drops locations are shown to everyone simultaneously, and time is given so everyone can meet up there before the spawn, then I think it could be very beneficial.

There are so many strategies that could go with this. On one hand, having complete map control by covering all the known weapon spawns could be useful, but bringing your team with you could destroy that one person. The strategic implications of changing the importance of various areas of the map sounds interesting.

Combine this with possible supporting fire locations and the geometry of the map, and you have a new but deep experience.

> > From what I’ve read weapons will spawn at random times at one of a number of possible locations and that would mean that people would often times just have a power weapons spawn infront of them adding in an extra random elemnt to the game.
>
> No no no. There will be set places where they can drop and you have notification of where and when they’ll drop.
>
> One thing that is random is what weapon drops.

The cool part is that you know where it will drop first, but know one else will until the weapon indicator pops up. It works something like that right? That pretty much means that you will get your ordinance drop a majority of the time, unless you aren’t careful about it.

People say they are killstreaks for power weapons? That doesn’t sound bad.

I kinda like the idea. It means less camping for weapons, and you also get to choose what weapon you want, so you can choose one that fits your current situation. 343 obviously thought this through, and I think it’ll work really well.

for the type of ordnance in halo 4, there is no i in the word, its ordnance

I actually like the idea. It adds a fresh element to each game you play. Sure you’ll have to actually make an effort to find players rather than running between each weapon spawn and picking them off that way, but there’s no harm in that. It’s a cool concept, and I hope it works out.

> for the type of ordnance in halo 4, there is no i in the word, its ordnance

Thank you for notifying me.

• III P u r 3 III -

Within the first 30 minutes. I’m betting someone who hasnt played halo will be standing on the ordinance spot thinking. Oh I wonder what this flashing light or arrow is. Or whatever the indicator is. Then POW… Then he learns a valuable lesson that day and we all laugh at him. Because it will undoubtably be fileshared, distributed and youtubed.

Sorry this was in response to this.

Even better question: How long will it be till someone get’s splattered by a ordinance drop pod? My bet is within 24 hours of the game being released.

I like the concept though.

Forgot to quote. Derp and… Herp.

> I like it, but from what I’ve seen from the CENSORED, they were not as I expected.

This.