The option to turn down graphics

Unless you can never drop your frame-rate, no matter what is going on in the game, I would love the option to turn down graphics, or features that eat up the hardware’s capabilities like AA (if it is even in the game).

I could care less how my game looks, and it annoys the hell out of me when you think a drop in frame-rate, which affects my performance, is acceptable when it could so easily be avoided.

60 FPS is totally possible with any game on the 360, you just have to not care about graphics. So please, let those of us who don’t turn them down.

I approve. Bioshock gave us a similar option, and it’d be greatly appreciated if 343 gave us such an option for Halo 4. 30 FPS is an eyesore.

I approve. When we got Xbox 720;s that are WAY MORE POWERFUL well need more graphics and better explosions.

Direct X 11 Support would be nice inbuilt into the game because that would allow the 720 to run the game smoothly.

• Whats the point then if we just get Halo 4 for Xbox 360 and the 720 comes out?

> I approve. Bioshock gave us a similar option, and it’d be greatly appreciated if 343 gave us such an option for Halo 4. 30 FPS is an eyesore.

BioShock just unlocked the framerate, a 30fps game on consoles is 30fps minimum, usually it fluctuates higher than that but is locked at 30 for consistency. Framerate dips, now that’s a true eye sore.

Anyway this is a console, not a PC.

> .
>
> Anyway this is a console, not a PC.

Your point?

> > .
> >
> > Anyway this is a console, not a PC.
>
> Your point?

Unlike PC’s in which power varies, consoles have fixed hardware, all 360’s have the same power.

Developers heavily optimise their games for this hardware and get it looking and running to how they feel is acceptable, which is why you won’t see graphics options.

> > > .
> > >
> > > Anyway this is a console, not a PC.
> >
> > Your point?
>
> Unlike PC’s in which power varies, consoles have fixed hardware, all 360’s have the same power.
>
> Developers heavily optimise their games for this hardware and get it looking and running to how they feel is acceptable, which is why you won’t see graphics options.

That is all fine and dandy.

Still, lowering the graphics will result in the game never dropping below 30 FPS. So why can’t I do that if I want? Low frame rates affect my in game performance and I couldn’t care less how good the graphics are.

The only times you would see framerate drops in reach is either in split screen or on a poorly optimized forge map. There really isn’t a problem competitively.