The only way the Classic Multiplayer will have a high population is...

Making it Ranked 1-50.

The classic playlist is bound to have full teams of tryhards going into that playlist regardless.

Those people who care about k/d and/or just hate getting stomped constantly will be quickly turned off because of these tryhard teams.

I for one am Onyx 45%, but i know if these classic playlists don’t have ranked I won’t be playing because I search solo nearly every game and what is the point of getting my k/d destroyed because I’m playing against a full team of Onyx and I have three Bronze randoms?

I sense that the Classic playlist will have the most unbalanced games if it indeed is social, and the population will quickly die off if ranked is not involved.

However, if the 1-50 is involved (Preferably a Revamped 1-50 that is anti-deranking,boosting,etc.) then the good teams will quickly rank up obviously and the games will be fair for the most part, and people will be able to enjoy good competitive gameplay with people against their same skill level.

Without the 1-50 people will just continue to play default Reach to up their k/d, and the classic playlist will die off.

This should be VERY obvious to 343i that the only way people will play Classic Reach is with a ranking system. (Credit Jackpots work but are only a temporary fix.)

What do you guys think?

> Making it Ranked 1-50.
>
> The classic playlist is bound to have full teams of tryhards going into that playlist regardless.
>
> Those people who care about k/d and/or just hate getting stomped constantly will be quickly turned off because of these tryhard teams.
>
> I for one am Onyx 45%, but i know if these classic playlists don’t have ranked I won’t be playing because I search solo nearly every game and what is the point of getting my k/d destroyed because I’m playing against a full team of Onyx and I have three Bronze randoms?
>
> I sense that the Classic playlist will have the most unbalanced games if it indeed is social, and the population will quickly die off if ranked is not involved.
>
> However, if the 1-50 is involved (Preferably a Revamped 1-50 that is anti-deranking,boosting,etc.) then the good teams will quickly rank up obviously and the games will be fair for the most part, and people will be able to enjoy good competitive gameplay with people against their same skill level.
>
> Without the 1-50 people will just continue to play default Reach to up their k/d, and the classic playlist will die off.
>
> This should be VERY obvious to 343i that the only way people will play Classic Reach is with a ranking system. (Credit Jackpots work but are only a temporary fix.)
>
> What do you guys think?

Personally, make the trueskill system ACTUALLY WORK, FILTER parties with guests to be paired up with similar parties, filter parties that have more than the “preferred local amount of players on one console” from getting Forge World maps, and we’ll have a much easier time playing.

The last thing we need is to spread people out more than what we’ll get later in the year. If we can get the trueskill function to search for similar skilled opponents, and filter people with guests/more than 2 people on one console, we’ll get a better play experience just from that.

Right make the true skill work but if they do that why not add incentive to help promote the classic playlists in a 1-50.

> Right make the true skill work but if they do that why not add incentive to help promote the classic playlists in a 1-50.

By adding in that number, you’ll eventually give players a reason to not play on that account and be counter-productive.

I’d rather have a rating style over a set number. That way, it becomes somewhat more accurate, and players would want to strive more to push that number higher, instead of reaching an end. Plus, it makes it easier to find those who wants to cheat and ban them to the ground.

Add that style of ranking, while improving the Credit rank system to make playing the game a more dominant role in ranking up in that system, should be enough.

Skill doesn’t have an end. I’d like a system that shows that. That’s my two cents. :confused:

Yea but the 50 was the obvious end goal and it was clear cut motivation back in early Arena days when your personal rating mattered no one understood what they were playing for and what was a good rating there needs to be an end goal.

I wouldn’t say it’s the only way, I imagine people will play it either way. Keep in mind the “Classic Playlist” will be based on a game that didn’t even have a ranking system.

> I wouldn’t say it’s the only way, I imagine people will play it either way. Keep in mind the “Classic Playlist” will be based on a game that didn’t even have a ranking system.

It will also be based on a game that didn’t have online multiplayer on the original launch, and never had a matchmaking service.

> > I wouldn’t say it’s the only way, I imagine people will play it either way. Keep in mind the “Classic Playlist” will be based on a game that didn’t even have a ranking system.
>
> It will also be based on a game that didn’t have online multiplayer on the original launch, and never had a matchmaking service.

True, but people found ways to play the game online thru tunnelling services and such. Back then people didn’t need ranking to be motivated. I’m not against 1 - 50 returning, but it’s far from the “only” way.

Look at the classic playlist now.

Before it came out people were HYPED now it can’t hold 500 players, the same will happen with Reach, I’ll bump this thread with an I told you so in december probably.

The same will happen Post TU Reach*

> > > I wouldn’t say it’s the only way, I imagine people will play it either way. Keep in mind the “Classic Playlist” will be based on a game that didn’t even have a ranking system.
> >
> > It will also be based on a game that didn’t have online multiplayer on the original launch, and never had a matchmaking service.
>
> True, but people found ways to play the game online thru tunnelling services and such. Back then people didn’t need ranking to be motivated. I’m not against 1 - 50 returning, but it’s far from the “only” way.

Of course it isn’t the only way. 1-50 would help the competitive crowd get into the Classic games, but increased credit payout, or even an advertised chance to get a 10-20k jackpot will cause the casual crowd to pour in, just look what jackpots did when Bungie put them up.

Not having a 1-50 ranking system won’t be the reason for a low population counted classic playlist, the million new games coming out this fall will be, not everyone plays just Halo. people like variety. A 1-50 is a bit late to implement now.

No offense to anyone in here, nut Onyx dosent mean crap, i got to Onyx in like 6 days, as son as got my 5 day rating it was gold already so i just played by myself and what do you know i got onyx, as sson as i got it i stopped playing arena cause it wasnt even a challenge

> > > I wouldn’t say it’s the only way, I imagine people will play it either way. Keep in mind the “Classic Playlist” will be based on a game that didn’t even have a ranking system.
> >
> > It will also be based on a game that didn’t have online multiplayer on the original launch, and never had a matchmaking service.
>
> True, but people found ways to play the game online thru tunnelling services and such. Back then people didn’t need ranking to be motivated. I’m not against 1 - 50 returning, but it’s far from the “only” way.

I played via XBC and at that time the novelty of playign people who are not next to you wa enough. That novelty has worn off and its not fun to play and have nothing to aspire to. Playing for lols is good for an hour, playing for rank motivates for hours.

Hell if 1-50 is so much to ask for atleast put in arena ranks, better than nothing…

> > > > I wouldn’t say it’s the only way, I imagine people will play it either way. Keep in mind the “Classic Playlist” will be based on a game that didn’t even have a ranking system.
> > >
> > > It will also be based on a game that didn’t have online multiplayer on the original launch, and never had a matchmaking service.
> >
> > True, but people found ways to play the game online thru tunnelling services and such. Back then people didn’t need ranking to be motivated. I’m not against 1 - 50 returning, but it’s far from the “only” way.
>
> Of course it isn’t the only way. 1-50 would help the competitive crowd get into the Classic games, but increased credit payout, or even an advertised chance to get a 10-20k jackpot will cause the casual crowd to pour in, just look what jackpots did when Bungie put them up.

better to try and to fail then to never try at all.

H4 needs HCEA to emulate halo of old to see if the world still wants that, if HCEA is a massive hit then the direction of H4 should be clear. Either to go back to CE roots or to dilute gameplay further liek reach did

If it is going to have trueskill, make some without it. I just like playing Halo classic style without worrying about a rank.