The only thing that I do not prefer in Halo 4

Let me start off by saying, I love what this game is about to be when it is submitted in 2 weeks. I just pre-ordered a copy for myself from gamestop, and ecstatic about it. And I know that some of the community members are jumpy to get the flamethrower out and flame my topic, And I re-assure you I love the game.

But hear me out.

Now I know you’ve heard the cliche of “halo 3 did it better” or “Halo (x) did it better”.
But, I think a few agree when they hear this.

Halo 3 had a ranking system (before TruSkill era), which made it easier to recognize who was a seasoned player, and who was a lower skilled player. It was based upon how the player handled themselves, and their ability, rather than the tenure of how much they put into the game. Everyone says well, Halo Reach is tenure, which is true most of the time, but there was The Arena, which placed you according towards your division.

Now this worked, but it was only in one small playlist. Not the entire multiplayer. I know that 343 has now created an awesome elaborate system of Spartan Points, which I am looking forward towards. I just wished that when I select to find players according to skill, it would be towards what the skill point they were at like Halo 3, rather than how many credits they have earned to get up to this specific rank.

Perhaps they could use both, as the more you play, the more points you get, and how good you play, the rank you are. That’s all.

I cannot wait for Halo 4, and I am excited regardless of the ranking system.

I wondered, what is the communities opinion on this was, or if they agreed with that type of system?

The community is split. Half want a core/competitive Halo with a ranking system the other half want a more casual credits system and ranks from Reach. I don’t think either side wants the arena ranking back.

The way to solve everything would be:

Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.

> The way to solve everything would be:
>
> Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.

Yeah something of that sort you know? Just at least its an easier sub-system to go by, rather than just pure time of playing to earn credits.

Who cares about the stupid ranking system? It is not important, especially compared to the real issue we should be outraged with. They used the hideous Reach Banshee model rather than the original (and far better looking) CE/2/3/Wars/ODST model! That is UNACCEPTABLE!!

>
> Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.

I think everyone wants this, but 343i won’t add it, will they?

> Who cares about the stupid ranking system? It is not important, especially compared to the real issue we should be outraged with. They used the hideous Reach Banshee model rather than the original (and far better looking) CE/2/3/Wars/ODST model! That is UNACCEPTABLE!!

What are you talking about? The Reach banshee was so much better looking, and way more ‘modern’.

:wink:

> > The way to solve everything would be:
> >
> > Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.
>
> <mark>I think everyone wants this, but 343i won’t add it, will they?</mark>
>
>
>
> > Who cares about the stupid ranking system? It is not important, especially compared to the real issue we should be outraged with. They used the hideous Reach Banshee model rather than the original (and far better looking) CE/2/3/Wars/ODST model! That is UNACCEPTABLE!!
>
> What are you talking about? The Reach banshee was so much better looking, and way more ‘modern’.
>
> :wink:

God knows why they don’t. It solves so many problems.

> Who cares about the stupid ranking system? It is not important, especially compared to the real issue we should be outraged with. They used the hideous Reach Banshee model rather than the original (and far better looking) CE/2/3/Wars/ODST model! That is UNACCEPTABLE!!

hahaha, dude you are absolutely right, I have completely missed the real aspect of it. I know right, that new banshee must be FIXED.

I honestly hated when you started getting those weird gold bars under your rank not allowing you to move up. I played my fair share of competitive and non competitive games and it got to the point that if you did not have a good team, then you lost your rank and it would take even longer.

I think the idea with Reach (Arena) was, you were judged on performance, even if your team did badly, you still could get a decent score and vice versa.

I understand people want to get a number next to their name or show off or play super competitive games all the time, but when those other things are incorporated, it just gives the hard core players free pot shots at people who have the weird looking rank titles which then makes the game less fun.

You also have the kids who recreated accounts over and over just because once your rank was established over and over it got a lot harder to move up, so then you would have the people that were really good playing people who were not as good. By making the rank by Spartan points and achievements, yeah that can still happen, but those people will have to re do all of those things all over again which could get monotonous and boring (thus potentially stopping them from restarting).

Just ideas

> > > The way to solve everything would be:
> > >
> > > Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.
> >
> > <mark>I think everyone wants this, but 343i won’t add it, will they?</mark>
> > :wink:
>
> God knows why they don’t. It solves so many problems.

I thought they did, but the ranks were just visible to you.

We don’t need a visible ranking system just so people can brag or whatever, all it’s there for is to match people with a similar skill. If you really want to know how good a player is, just ask them.

> > > > The way to solve everything would be:
> > > >
> > > > Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.
> > >
> > > <mark>I think everyone wants this, but 343i won’t add it, will they?</mark>
> > > :wink:
> >
> > God knows why they don’t. It solves so many problems.
>
> I thought they did, but the ranks were just visible to you.

Wasn’t that a rumour of some sort?

> > > > > The way to solve everything would be:
> > > > >
> > > > > Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists. Everyone is happy.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I think everyone wants this, but 343i won’t add it, will they?</mark>
> > > > :wink:
> > >
> > > God knows why they don’t. It solves so many problems.
> >
> > I thought they did, but the ranks were just visible to you.
>
> Wasn’t that a rumour of some sort?

Dunno. I remember Frankie apparently saying there would be skill ranks, just that they were visible to you alone. Don’t have the source, but it was brought up quite alot afew months ago.

[deleted]

>
> Have a progression system and a visible ranked system (for multiple playlists). <mark>Don’t like ranked? Don’t play ranked playlists.</mark> Everyone is happy.

And this is the problem right here. there isn’t anybody in the world who would rather play a playlist without and skill to it compared to one with ranks. Even those who don’t care for the ranks, like myself, still played ranked exclusively in halo 3 because it game better matchmaking results and tighter matches.

Either ALL playlists have a ranking system(excluding ones like action sack, infection, etc that can’t be ranked properly), or none/one of them have a ranking system. The last thing we need to 2 different slayers, 2 different objectives, etc.