The Only Map I Don't Like

When the concept art for Raid on Apex 7 was originally shown I was excited, a map inspired by one of my favorite Halo CE missions!

But when I saw how it actually turned out… not only does the map evoke zero nostalgia. But its quite honestly IMO the worst looking map in the game. It looks very rushed and it’s so vibrant and saturated that any bit of detail or texture simply ceases to exist and is washed out. Compared to the first warzone map shown… it just looks way off. Plus, Silent Cartographer was not a jungle map with palm trees…and it wasn’t that lush looking…even in the CE anniversary. If anything the map would have looked better if they used Skellig michael as an influence…which is cold and very green, but not tacky looking.

Could it possibly just be the youtube videos making it look so bad color wise? I kind of doubt that.

Out of all the games being released in the next few months, only star wars battlefront has kept a realistic and natural color palette. Fallout 4 suffers from the same oversaturation and bright happy coloring that Halo 5 has. And COD has been looking cartoony for a couple years now.

What do you guys think of how this map turned out, now that we’ll be playing it in a week?

It might be the youtube videos, yes. I’ve seen several uploaders who found it funny to edit the video and saturate the hell out of it, and the comment section was all up in arms about it. I’d reserve judgement till next week.

I like it, it said it took INSPIRATION from the mission, they obviously had to change it, and yes i do believe the youtube videos mess with saturation, as it is an option when uploading for more or less of it. Once again, the map only took inspiration, 343 likes things looking nice, so palm trees and grass, with a few shrubs and gloomy water lit caves, on a sunny day, and shiny metallic structures. that’s 343’s view on things, but I do think it will look better when we are playing it because 1, youtube wont jack with it, then we get it crisp right there quality, 2 we see it exactly as it is, no modifiers. But i still like the map and cant wait.

> 2535468947915585;2:
> It might be the youtube videos, yes. I’ve seen several uploaders who found it funny to edit the video and saturate the hell out of it, and the comment section was all up in arms about it. I’d reserve judgement till next week.

Yeah that might be it for sure, cause I looked at the screenshots of the map on this website and it doesn’t look as bad. I guess we’ll know for sure soon. I wonder why I haven’t came across a youtube video where they didn’t mess with the saturation though, there must have been at least 2-4 uploaders who did it then.

The map looked nice to me, I liked the layout and the positioning and how easy it is to get to other bases or even the beach from certain points on the map. The only thing that irks me is how the spire turned out. When they said spire I was thinking back to the one on reach in the invasion playlist. But overall I like the map

It was said to be more of a ‘spiritual successor’ than an outright remake (Like Death Island sorta was), but it is pretty close - I like how it starts off with a raid on the beach just like the Silent Cartographer opens up. Not exactly alike it, but quite close. The interior of the island is indeed quite a bit different - maybe a different Cartographer housing from another ring? Simulated version of Delta Halo’s perhaps?

As for the YT saturation thing… I noticed that quite a bit as well. Why some people boost up the saturation like that sometimes is beyond me :frowning:

I liked it. We’ll see how the end result is. You never know, it could be edited after release. Remember how The Cage was quickly replaced by Uncaged in Reach matchmaking?

Yep i did.