The only Gamebreaker in this game..

Not the Boltshot, not the DMR, not the JIP, not the Instant respawn, not permanent sprint etc… THE LACK OF INCENTIVE (OR BETTER YET THE WRONG INCENTIVE THEREOF)

Let me explain and please hear me out on this one.

I guess you could call me a complainer but the more I think about it, Halo 4 actually is a REALLY good game. The mechanics, the ideas, everything. It’s amazing IMO. With that being said, yeah there are minor issues that the communities have but to be totally honest no game can come out of the box perfectly.

Now to the main point of this thread. The only thing that really BREAKS almost the ENTIRE game is the way multiplayer is set up and it could EASILY be fixed. Here’s what and how:

We are very well aware of the issues the ranking system used to have and that there is none currently implemented in Halo 4. We are also very well aware that they are coming out with one soon but most likely won’t be visible in game and we don’t know the gists of it.

<mark>The problem with this game is that human beings are NATURALLY competitive wether they call themselves “competitive” or not. They always seek to measure themselves against others in some shape or form. The only thing to somewhat measure your “skill” in this game’s current condition is by looking at somebody’s K/D ratio which is the WORST indicator of somebody’s skill in a TEAM BASED FPS. This COMPLETELY breaks the game and the way it’s supposed to be played. (objective gametypes that is anyways) I’ve noticed that people tend to not want to do any objective at all, just stay back and pick people off and boost their K/D ratios,capture flags and then let the time run out to get as many kills as possible almost EVERY SINGLE GAME, therefore breaking the way the objective gametypes are supposed to be played. Of course you’re gonna start complaining about the guy hiding next to his base waiting to charge up the boltshot. Ofcourse you’re gonna get thrown into a match that is halfway done when people try to abuse boosting there K/D ratios causing others to quit. Of course you’re gonna say the DMR is OP when you try and run for the ball and there’s a guy camping on the complete opposite side of the map just waiting for you to run in the open to kill you over and over again. The list goes on but I don’t feel like writing it all out.</mark>

Now how can this be solved? The implementation of a Win/loss based ranking system and social playlists since people won’t be driven by looking at somebody’s K/D ratio rather their skill level (or rank) anymore, which will eventually result in playing the game the way it’s supposed to.

Any thoughts?

Game breaker for me is the absolutely shoddy Custom Games options. i’ll have you know, on Halo 3, I played ONE THOUSAND custom game rounds, more than I played Ranked or Social playlists.

I hate 343 right now because of the lack of gamemodes and options. I know this will never get fixed. I’m not buying Halo 5 or halo 6 purely because of the lack of Custom Game support.

Game breaker for me is that i live in the uk and i can’t level past 70 sad face so i stop playing

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

another one of the rank monkeys at work here i see. get over it. your not getting you little pointless number next to your name again so you can act like a teen boy who thinks he is swinging the biggest “bat”. if you want to compare “junk” then go to you local public showers.

visible ranks are POINTLESS.

why do you guys insist on making new threads? there are atlest a dozen if not more of these kinds of threads. go post you opinion in there and stop wasting forum space.

>

Why are you guys so malicious. Why can’t you just be ok with some people wanting a ranking system. It doesn’t affect the people who don’t want it. There will still be social playlists. You may think visible ranks are pointless, but a lot of people think it is important and you should respect that

EDIT: actually I agree with you that this didnt need a new thread

…Mentality of a 13 year old…

> >
>
> Why are you guys so malicious. Why can’t you just be ok with some people wanting a ranking system. It doesn’t affect the people who don’t want it. There will still be social playlists. You may think visible ranks are pointless, but a lot of people think it is important and you should respect that
>
> EDIT: actually I agree with you that this didnt need a new thread

sory to be rude, im use to dealing with the more rude rank activates. that and i just got done auguring in another forum about this topic. so sorry for being a bit over the top.

i dont have anything against competitive play, i enjoy it actually. i just dont thing ranks are a necessary part of it. alot of people seem to think that ranks make competitive play, witch isn’t true. there will be competitive play, whether ranks are there or not and yes competitive play extends a games live by a good bit.

on this on ill just leave it on, agreeing to disagree. and again sorry for the over the rudeness. just speaking out of aggravation.

As much as I agree that comparing “skill” levels with your friends could be fun, I still do not like the 1-50 system.

> …Mentality of a 13 year old…

Very constructive post.

> As much as I agree that comparing “skill” levels with your friends could be fun, I still do not like the 1-50 system.

Well thank you for agreeing on that part but if you actually READ my thread you would see that I wasn’t necessarily suggesting the 1-50 system. Just some type of Ranking system that promotes winning wether it’s levels, ranks, ELO etc.

I never said that this game doesn’t promote competitiveness or isn’t competitive. Anything can be competitive as long as you have some form of measurement to compare yourself with others. In this game the biggest incentive people have is their K/D ratio, therefore breaking the objective type games because they’re focused on farming kills WAY more than working as a team to complete the OBJECTIVE. That is all I am saying. Rather than bashing my thread calling me an idiot and “another monkey crying for the ranking system” how about you give me a different suggestion than a ranking system, because that is the only solution I see to this problem and I’m tired of not being able to play KOH, ODDBALL and CTF properly.

I’m lucky in the fact that Reach came out before this game, just think we could be playing Halo 5 right now. It made me realize no matter how much they butcher Halo I’m a captive fan and I will buy these games. Because of this, I’ve been having alot of fun playing H4. My friend who I haven’t spoken to in years after he went Marine played a match with me yesterday and said it was the best Halo he’s ever played. I love this game.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> another one of the rank monkeys at work here i see. get over it. your not getting you little pointless number next to your name again so you can act like a teen boy who thinks he is swinging the biggest “bat”. if you want to compare “junk” then go to you local public showers.
>
> visible ranks are POINTLESS.
>
> why do you guys insist on making new threads? there are atlest a dozen if not more of these kinds of threads. go post you opinion in there and stop wasting forum space.

God kid you must have a tiny -Yoink!-, or a level 41 in Halo 3.

OMG there’s a bunch of forum topics on why we need a ranking system!!! DUH! You moron. Halo needs it. It makes Halo, Halo.

It makes more sense than a SR130 next to your name, oh wow you played the game a lot.

I don’t understand how you can possibly not want a ranking system. Your opinion is so unfounded and naive.

Grow up. Games are meant to be won. Its why we play, its why we keep score. If you want to make machinima movies or play zombies, do it in customs.

God -Yoink!- I miss halo 2.

>

God -Yoink!- THIS! Keeping it 100% real.

I heard there was a bunch of people complaining about Halo CE-3 in the forums (throughout the golden days of halo, I wouldn’t know because I was too busy having fun playing them.)
Thanks to those MORONS they completely changed Halo and pulled it into a totally different direction than it should have. With that being said, I (we) have all the -Yoinking!- rights in this world to complain about certain topics as much as we want and overfloat forums. You’ve changed the game I once loved so much, now it’s my time to try and change yours.

>

This kind of hostility is usually brought on by the fact that this guy would be embarrassed of his rank.

The competitive players want: Ranked and Social.

The casuals want: Competitive players to die. Pure social.

Cant you casuals see that if a ranked section was added, you would get stomped less?

I don’t know, I would call instant spawning and dynamic spawns scattered around maps the game’s main issue.

Gamebreaker for me is the extremely small selection of Slayer maps.

> This kind of hostility is usually brought on by the fact that this guy would be embarrassed of his rank.
>
> The competitive players want: Ranked and Social.
>
> The casuals want: Competitive players to die. Pure social.

Not from what I’ve seen. Casual players want fast queue times and little lag, so they can get into the game and play without being pulled out of the experience. Consolidated playlists are necessary for those conditions. Hardcore players want ranks. The proposed ranking system works fine - hardcore players can get ranked without having to create entirely new playlists for those players. If you want to see how well you did or compare with others, check your rank online.

> I heard there was a bunch of people complaining about Halo CE-3 in the forums (throughout the golden days of halo, I wouldn’t know because I was too busy having fun playing them.)
> Thanks to those MORONS they completely changed Halo and pulled it into a totally different direction than it should have. With that being said, I (we) have all the -Yoinking!- rights in this world to complain about certain topics as much as we want and overfloat forums. You’ve changed the game I once loved so much, now it’s my time to try and change yours.

What just happened to this guy. In 20 minutes he went from being respectful and just trying to get his point across to now becoming a little hostile. It’s kind of funny.

Yep, I agree.

If the game can’t even keep a healthily large, and steady population, nothing else matters.

First things first, we need an in-game ranking system.