The one UNFORGIVABLE flaw about this game

When playing any game, there is always a chance (demographically dependent) the hardware or software, internet, or something will fail out and something will cause a crash. While I understand that this game is technically in beta, what is absolutely not part of the beta experience is the unforgivable lack of ability to rejoin dropped ranked games if you lose the ability to play at the moment.

Nearly every single title that offers a competitive game mode in 2021 allows you to rejoin games in progress, even QP has this ability. Yet I’ve played with two separate instances where a teammate’s PC crashed and another’s game crashed and could not join back in. I have no abilty to test this on the off chance I derank or ruin someone’s experience verifying this, but two instances between two people gives me the impression there is no way to rejoin if you drop a ranked game. This breaks the pace of the game and makes it nearly impossible to stage a comeback in the gamemode that demands the most of your abilities and teammates. Not to mention, it also doesn’t give a chance for the teammate who did drop to redeem themselves with the team.

Not xp, not progression, this should take precedent as a core adjustment to this title, this does take the experience down a notch. I hate to sound hyperbolic, but this really detracted from the evening’s fun and several teammates’ long term thoughts.

Players must have the ability to join back into ongoing ranked games if their game/pc/internet crashes.

Edit: After pushing for clarification on their behalf, both teammates saw the match was loaded upon relaunch of the title, but could not join in progress. Whether this is a feature or a bug, it needs to be changed.

1 Like

This is basic stuff. Unfortunately 343 already stated that the Beta pretty much launched with all the maps and features that Multiplayer would have day 1, so this isn’t gonna improve.

They changed the daily’s, I sure hope they can change this. I mean you can rejoin QP matches, I’d imagine it wouldn’t be difficult to apply that to Ranked.

Halo had never been a -Yoink!- to play game before, this is the worse thing they could do. Thanks 343 for -Yoink!- Halo up

Halo Infinite is not -Yoink!- up compared to other titles that recently launched, but purposefully taking away the ability to rejoin a ranked match in progress hat should never have been considered knowing that we can rejoin QP matches at the same time.

To clarify, both teammates saw the match was loaded upon relaunch of the title, but could not join in progress. Whether this is a feature or a bug, it needs to be changed.