The One and Only blaring issue with Halo 5 now

TLDR: Good job 343. I was pissed after the halo 3 beta. This beta has me excited because I can live with this. Don’t cave to the horde and focus the game around Spray pray melee. They have short attention spans and won’t give halo longevity/long term sales.

Matchmaking. I had like 6 50s in halo 3 and because of the insane badness of matchmaking I can’t get past silver. I deranked from gold. I suspect it is related to me joining as random and getting matched against full parties with mics. Seriously. You need some other metric than wins and loses. Like performance bonus /buffers to move players that vastly outperform their team out of that league. Killing players I am generally leagues ahead of isn’t fun and getting matched against parties as a random with randoms in the same theoretical rank range is stupid when I get 20 kills in slayer and 1 or 2 of my team mates will be under 5.

Thurster. Awesome. Sorry if using all the buttons on a controller is to hard for you.

Sprint. Risk reward is perfect. It takes skill and critical thinking to use it correctly. It screws me sometime because I accidently delay my shields. But that is the players fault.

Maps are the most promising launch maps I have ever seen in a halo game.

Kill speed is perfect. It is what everyone begged for halo 2 to be but generations later. Not instant death but if you run around without awareness you die

I think the medals are cute. BXR. LOL They don’t matter so anyone complaining is a complainer for the sake of it and you gain nothing by giving them a moment of your time.

I am among the class that did not buy launch games after the failure that was halo3. I knew from the maps alone it would be a letdown in the beta but i trusted(still a halo nerd. They already had my money and I only play a couple games ever). Bad net-coding and br spread. I am the class of people you want to listen to because I am in the group that loved halo ce and halo 2 and became disenfranchised by halo 3. I am the play base that will not buy the game if you make the same mistake of listening the the casual spray and pray crowd. I bought the last 2 but waited at least a year when they were 20$ instead of 60$.

As it is now. I am absolutely going to pick this title up. Do not listen to anyone that want AR starts and can’t comprehend how amazing of a job you did with the new movement mechanics and how it fixed the biggest flaw halo had. Poor mobility which made for to many impossible senarios because of camping that could only be broken 1 or 2 ways. Now there can be 20. Seriously. The casuals are the people Bungie listened to/was. The franchise when into the toilet compared to the hay days.

From my decadish of halo forum experience. I would say you should ignore them. The in house pros did you a service. This is halo Evolved. Not diluted. not Call of halo.

The biggest thread I saw had the saddest most massive errors in basic understanding of halo/halo games and most people on these forums didn’t notice it.

To correct the most basic fundemetals of what halo is for you halo 3 kid that never were given the chance to experience the game as it was founded

Fast paced arena SiFi shooter with a virtually limitless skill gap. THAT IS HALO. Halo 3/reach were not that. Halo 4 was alright but the population was -Yoink- by the time it got fixed. Not to mention the maps were horrendous for the style of gameplay halo was meant to have.

My one current complaint. The scopes. Scopes on everything is ok but don’t change spread. Use the old scoping methoc. Staring down a barrel/sight hurt my brain as a halo player. Also I haven’t seen the option to customize the color of the targetting or hud in general. Sorry but a light blue reticule in a franchise that lives in grey blues sometimes doen’t work. I would like a few options personally. Shout out to the color blind players. Not me personally but it can’t be had to change the shade and transparency of the hud/reticule.

> 2568124073248474;1:
> Matchmaking. I had like 6 50s in halo 3 and because of the insane badness of matchmaking I can’t get past silver. I deranked from gold. I suspect it is related to me joining as random and getting matched against full parties with mics. Seriously. You need some other metric than wins and loses.

Uh… #ifyousayso

Someone with 6 50s in H3 should be getting Onyx 3 blindfolded. But even ignoring that, you realize H3’s ranking system was also purely win/loss too right? Not sure how you go from bragging about a bunch of 50s then bashing H5 for using the exact same method of ranking people.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> > 2568124073248474;1:
> > Matchmaking. I had like 6 50s in halo 3 and because of the insane badness of matchmaking I can’t get past silver. I deranked from gold. I suspect it is related to me joining as random and getting matched against full parties with mics. Seriously. You need some other metric than wins and loses.
>
>
> Uh… #ifyousayso
>
> Someone with 6 50s in H3 should be getting Onyx 3 blindfolded. But even ignoring that, you realize H3’s ranking system was also purely win/loss too right? Not sure how you go from bragging about a bunch of 50s then bashing H5 for using the exact same method of ranking people.

that is what happened in the reach beta when I still played halo and had friends to play with.