The Official "Easter Egg" Thread.

Okay, let’s get this show on the road.

Halo has always been that game where, “Did’ya hear? There’s a [whatever] on the level [whatever]!!!”

So I propose to make a thread where we can all share ideas for Easter eggs. I really like having Easter Eggs in a FPS game. Adds the spice y’know what I mean? Okay enough chit-chat let’s get on with the eggs.

Scarab gun.
-Gotta have this baby back. :wink:

Halo Past.
-I’d like some few remarks to the past Halo games. Like seeing Noble six’s dead body somewhere, or a Prophet’s Chair. Something along the lines.

Creepy stuff.
-Have you played Portal 2? There is an Easter egg where you hear this high-pitched stuff. When you put it through a program. You get a picture. Plus, you can’t forget Ratman.

Hard to get.
-All this stuff I mentioned should be REALLY hard to get.

P.S. Please use your common sense, no Spaghetti Monsters…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from posting inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Giant purple -Yoink- as a hidden weapon.

Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!

> Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!

That’s cool!

But could we have a little information on how it works.

> > Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!
>
> That’s cool!
>
> But could we have a little information on how it works.

I guess they’re about the size of a trophy, you pick them up, and bash people in the face with them. I stole this idea from another thread, by the way.

> > > Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!
> >
> > That’s cool!
> >
> > But could we have a little information on how it works.
>
> I guess they’re about the size of a trophy, you pick them up, and bash people in the face with them. I stole this idea from another thread, by the way.

Okay, I’ll post it in the OP, but I have to give credit to the OP of the other thread. Link to the other thread?

Well I’d like to fight a Scarab, but I also hope that there’s something more dangerous than Scarabs.

> > > > Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!
> > >
> > > That’s cool!
> > >
> > > But could we have a little information on how it works.
> >
> > I guess they’re about the size of a trophy, you pick them up, and bash people in the face with them. I stole this idea from another thread, by the way.
>
> Okay, I’ll post it in the OP, but I have to give credit to the OP of the other thread. Link to the other thread?

Here. Can’t you give co-credit, since I’m so… enthusiastic about the idea? I defended it vigorously against haters, you know! :wink:

Maybe something to do with like the fiction? like a dead forerunner thats like sprawled under a terminal with the librarian symbol on it? I dunno…maybe that would be too deep. Or, the arbiters energy sword stuck in the ground with “ARBY” scorched in?

thinks like the monkey men in Halo 3 were…creeoy, hope Halo 4 has something like this

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

> > > > > > Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s cool!
> > > > >
> > > > > But could we have a little information on how it works.
> > > >
> > > > I guess they’re about the size of a trophy, you pick them up, and bash people in the face with them. I stole this idea from another thread, by the way.
> > >
> > > Okay, I’ll post it in the OP, but I have to give credit to the OP of the other thread. Link to the other thread?
> >
> > Here. Can’t you give co-credit, since I’m so… enthusiastic about the idea? I defended it vigorously against haters, you know! :wink:
>
> Thanks. Oh my. Not him.

What about him? Mr. ATCG is a highly respectable Moa lover.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

> > > > > > > Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s cool!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But could we have a little information on how it works.
> > > > >
> > > > > I guess they’re about the size of a trophy, you pick them up, and bash people in the face with them. I stole this idea from another thread, by the way.
> > > >
> > > > Okay, I’ll post it in the OP, but I have to give credit to the OP of the other thread. Link to the other thread?
> > >
> > > Here. Can’t you give co-credit, since I’m so… enthusiastic about the idea? I defended it vigorously against haters, you know! :wink:
> >
> > Thanks. Oh my. Not him.
>
> What about him? Mr. ATCG is a highly respectable Moa lover.

Yeah, he’s cool. Just a little repetitive with posts

> thinks like the monkey men in Halo 3 were…creeoy, hope Halo 4 has something like this

Yeah that was pretty cool!

> Scarab gun.
> -Gotta have this baby back. :wink:

Should be accessible on any difficulty.

> Halo Past.
> -I’d like some few remarks to the past Halo games. Like seeing Noble six’s dead body somewhere, or a Prophet’s Chair. Something along the lines.

A really good tribute would be one that’s interactive. The pictures and text are nice but I want to see stuff like blood on the walls or ceiling spelling out something. Oh and the flashlight could reveal obscure things… things like go-through-able walls leading to hidden passages would be nice (lens of truth ftw).

> Creepy stuff.
> -Have you played Portal 2? There is an Easter egg where you hear this high-pitched stuff. When you put it through a program. You get a picture. Plus, you can’t forget Ratman.

Agreed.

> Hard to get.
> -All this stuff I mentioned should be REALLY hard to get.

I misread. All the stuff you mentioned? Ok, that’s fine.

> thinks like the monkey men in Halo 3 were…creeoy, hope Halo 4 has something like this

Yes those were very creepy, I found them accidentally during that level. My favorite easter egg of ALL the halo’s was the “Tribute-room” easter egg in Reach. It made me remember all the fun and crazy co-op moments I’ve had thru all the halos, best easter-egg bungie ever did.

> Little golden Moa statues hidden in every level. It’s just such an enchanting idea!

This would be sweet and it would be a good Achievement opportunity.

How about the golden warthog. We already know that the warthog in the Forza 4 trailer can change its color scheme electronically, and that info was straight from 343. Or a warthog that can change color by pressing a certain button.

In Halo canon, the colors for warthogs are locked from marines, they kept uploading crazy designs and colors. And chances are that MC has access to these tools, seeing that he’s a Spartan II with plenty of special operations that require the best of resources.

there has to be a RvB easter egg like in halo 3 that would be awesome

Why is this “official?” o-o

There’s not even much info in it.

man. i made this thread a few days ago and it failed miserably but goodluck