The Number One Flaw in Halo 4-No Classic Halo

While everyone has their own opinion on what is more competitive and what they find more fun, one thing is missing from Halo 4 that we desperately need back. Classic Halo. Let’s face it, whether it be Halo CE, 2, 3, hell even Reach somewhat, those games all had the classic settings that we could play for hours, and the game we all fell in love with. Whether you love Infinity settings, or love a stripped down version like MLG, I think we can all agree that at some point or another we all started out and continuously played the classic settings of Halo.

We’re receiving a TU that will hopefully fix balance and sandbox issues, and a map pack soon that again, will hopefully give us better maps, so I’m not too worried about this.

343, please give us back the game we all fell in love with. We understand you wanted to try something different with Infinity Slayer, and for those that enjoy it, fine, keep it. Just like MLG had a playlist in previous games, BUT we need the classic settings we all grew up with. Taking them away and not letting us know if we’ll get it back after numerous other members have begged and pleaded for a classic playlist is not okay.

While I am not a fan of Sprint, I’ve gotten used to it, and think it needs to stay in H4 considering the maps sizes(although I’d like it to be removed in H5 and moved back to an arena shooter), so that can stay in these “classic settings.” I’d rather no armor abilities, or have them on map pickups (like H3 Bubble Shield, Power Drainer, Regen) , or be able to used once per spawn, but it won’t be the worst if they’re included. Just let us all spawn on an equal playing level and fight for the weapons that stay in one spot throughout the game.

Now, before you all rip my head off and tell me Team Throwdown is going to be released soon, I know. However, those settings are more “hardcore” and while I can deal with them myself, I know many of my friends and “casual” players have a harder time playing without radar, so I know for a fact that this playlist will have a low population, just like all the previous competitive playlists.

Halo has always been a game that we can make more competitive by altering the settings of the classic Halo experience. The game you’ve given us does not give us that option. Give us the classic Halo we want, and we will give you feedback on how we, the people who PLAY your game, want it.

Me and my friends want to be able to play Team Doubles, Team Slayer, CTF the way we’ve been playing for years, not have to choose between Infinity settings which is totally random, or Pro which is too hard for some players.

TL;DR: Give us back classic Halo, it’s the Halo we all grew up with and played for years. Keep your Infinity Slayer if you want, but keep it to the one playlist and that’s it.

I’d always imagined they could split them into “Infinity” and “Classic” choices, then have the sub categories in the same way that Halo Reach had.

Why they’re all just jumbled into one massive list is beyond me.

> I’d always imagined they could split them into “Infinity” and “Classic” choices, then have the sub categories in the same way that Halo Reach had.
>
> Why they’re all just jumbled into one massive list is beyond me.

> I’d always imagined they could split them into “Infinity” and “Classic” choices, then have the sub categories in the same way that Halo Reach had.
>
> Why they’re all just jumbled into one massive list is beyond me.

That could work too. 343 just needs to realize that Infinity settings have failed. The only reason that Infinity Slayer and BTB Inf. Slayer are #1 and #2 are because they’re the only available slayer choices. If they put in regular Team Slayer, I bet that would be the number one played playlist again.

My solution: Leave ONE playlist for Infinity Slayer, because 1) some people do actually enjoy it for whatever reason, and 2) There are commendations and things of the sort that people want to complete and the only viable way to complete them is through Infinity Slayer.

Then, make every other playlist contain the settings that we all know, the classic Halo we all know and make Team Throwdown the “hardcore” playlist where people look for that high competition.

No, the number 1 flaw is the lack of a local only search filter.

> While everyone has their own opinion on what is more competitive and what they find more fun, one thing is missing from Halo 4 that we desperately need back. Classic Halo. Let’s face it, whether it be Halo CE, 2, 3, hell even Reach somewhat, those games all had the classic settings that we could play for hours, and the game we all fell in love with. Whether you love Infinity settings, or love a stripped down version like MLG, I think we can all agree that at some point or another we all started out and continuously played the classic settings of Halo.
>
> We’re receiving a TU that will hopefully fix balance and sandbox issues, and a map pack soon that again, will hopefully give us better maps, so I’m not too worried about this.
>
> 343, please give us back the game we all fell in love with. We understand you wanted to try something different with Infinity Slayer, and for those that enjoy it, fine, keep it. Just like MLG had a playlist in previous games, BUT we need the classic settings we all grew up with. Taking them away and not letting us know if we’ll get it back after numerous other members have begged and pleaded for a classic playlist is not okay.
>
> While I am not a fan of Sprint, I’ve gotten used to it, and think it needs to stay in H4 considering the maps sizes(although I’d like it to be removed in H5 and moved back to an arena shooter), so that can stay in these “classic settings.” I’d rather no armor abilities, or have them on map pickups (like H3 Bubble Shield, Power Drainer, Regen) , or be able to used once per spawn, but it won’t be the worst if they’re included. Just let us all spawn on an equal playing level and fight for the weapons that stay in one spot throughout the game.
>
> Now, before you all rip my head off and tell me Team Throwdown is going to be released soon, I know. However, those settings are more “hardcore” and while I can deal with them myself, I know many of my friends and “casual” players have a harder time playing without radar, so I know for a fact that this playlist will have a low population, just like all the previous competitive playlists.
>
> Halo has always been a game that we can make more competitive by altering the settings of the classic Halo experience. The game you’ve given us does not give us that option. Give us the classic Halo we want, and we will give you feedback on how we, the people who PLAY your game, want it.
>
> Me and my friends want to be able to play Team Doubles, Team Slayer, CTF the way we’ve been playing for years, not have to choose between Infinity settings which is totally random, or Pro which is too hard for some players.
>
> TL;DR: Give us back classic Halo, it’s the Halo we all grew up with and played for years. Keep your Infinity Slayer if you want, but keep it to the one playlist and that’s it.

It is one of many flaws that Halo 4 has. Otherwise I agree with your statement. It is very mediated in terms.

I hate how they didn’t even give us the options to make a more classic experience even in Customs.

And I thought not having the option to play classic Halo gametypes was a fairly stupid mistake. Its obvious not everyone is going to like the new game play mechanics.

> I hate how they didn’t even give us the options to make a more classic experience even in Customs.
>
> And I thought not having the option to play classic Halo gametypes was a fairly stupid mistake. Its obvious not everyone is going to like the new game play mechanics.

Exactly. 343 has forced too much on us in this game.

FOR REAL! What the heck happened to Juggernaut, Race, and Assault?

> While everyone has their own opinion on what is more competitive and what they find more fun, one thing is missing from Halo 4 that we desperately need back. Classic Halo. Let’s face it, whether it be Halo CE, 2, 3, hell even Reach somewhat, those games all had the classic settings that we could play for hours, and the game we all fell in love with. Whether you love Infinity settings, or love a stripped down version like MLG, I think we can all agree that at some point or another we all started out and continuously played the classic settings of Halo.
>
> We’re receiving a TU that will hopefully fix balance and sandbox issues, and a map pack soon that again, will hopefully give us better maps, so I’m not too worried about this.
>
> 343, please give us back the game we all fell in love with. We understand you wanted to try something different with Infinity Slayer, and for those that enjoy it, fine, keep it. Just like MLG had a playlist in previous games, BUT we need the classic settings we all grew up with. Taking them away and not letting us know if we’ll get it back after numerous other members have begged and pleaded for a classic playlist is not okay.
>
> While I am not a fan of Sprint, I’ve gotten used to it, and think it needs to stay in H4 considering the maps sizes(although I’d like it to be removed in H5 and moved back to an arena shooter), so that can stay in these “classic settings.” I’d rather no armor abilities, or have them on map pickups (like H3 Bubble Shield, Power Drainer, Regen) , or be able to used once per spawn, but it won’t be the worst if they’re included. Just let us all spawn on an equal playing level and fight for the weapons that stay in one spot throughout the game.
>
> Now, before you all rip my head off and tell me Team Throwdown is going to be released soon, I know. However, those settings are more “hardcore” and while I can deal with them myself, I know many of my friends and “casual” players have a harder time playing without radar, so I know for a fact that this playlist will have a low population, just like all the previous competitive playlists.
>
> Halo has always been a game that we can make more competitive by altering the settings of the classic Halo experience. The game you’ve given us does not give us that option. Give us the classic Halo we want, and we will give you feedback on how we, the people who PLAY your game, want it.
>
> Me and my friends want to be able to play Team Doubles, Team Slayer, CTF the way we’ve been playing for years, not have to choose between Infinity settings which is totally random, or Pro which is too hard for some players.
>
> TL;DR: Give us back classic Halo, it’s the Halo we all grew up with and played for years. Keep your Infinity Slayer if you want, but keep it to the one playlist and that’s it.

Been saying this for a long time.

Glad to see other veterans haven’t fallen off the face of the earth.

Amen. While we see that 343 is finally starting to listen to us(slowly but surely…very slowly), these are things that that we should have had at launch.

Come on guys. Voice your opinions. Let 343 know that we want our Classic Halo back.

Make this known.

They never took classic Halo away… You can still play Halo 3 & Reach, and I’m pretty sure people are still playing PC online, if you want.

I really don’t get how classic Halo games can be good in the past-tense if nothing has replaced them in the present.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This game does need a classic. I get the urge so bad to play Halo classicly sometimes.

But if they take Infinity out of Halo 5…it’ll be a huge mistake. We need variety…not less of it.

> They never took classic Halo away… You can still play Halo 3 & Reach, and I’m pretty sure people are still playing PC online, if you want.
>
> I really don’t get how classic Halo games can be good in the past-tense if nothing has replaced them in the present.

I don’t want to play older games. There’s a new Halo out for a reason. You can expand on games and their settings but you need to keep the classic part of the game; its roots. Just look at CoD. People complain that their game is always the same, but I praise them for not changing their roots.

no such thing as classic halo.if it does not play like halo then its not halo.halo 4 does not play like halo

Cause god forbid it becomes split to appease all players like Halo 3 social/ranked.

hmm…

Infinity
-Ranked/Social

Classic
-Ranked/Social

wishful thinking…

Wait till the Monday playlist come out. I’m pretty sure it’s what your looking for.

> Wait till the Monday playlist come out. I’m pretty sure it’s what your looking for.

I explained this in my original post. This playlist (Throw Down) is going to be competitive. While it will have the classic Halo feel (but no Radar), it’s going to be filled with good players. The population will be low like all the previous competitive playlists.

The real Halo needs to be brought back into every playlist.

Call of Duty creates new and fun playlists every game. Just look at that that “one bullet” and the “weapon changing every minute” playlists, but its Team Deathmatch has always stayed to its roots. Halo needs to stick to its roots.

> No, the number 1 flaw is the lack of a local only search filter.

It’s there, it’s just working behind the scenes.