The number of Power weapons on Highlands..

There are too many Power weapons on Highlands and they respawn too quickly. I love the map. It’s 99.9% pure gold.
What does everybody else think??

My friend and I were exploring it in forge and we counted

2 sniper rifles
2 rocket launchers
2 shotguns
1 Spartan laser
1 plasma launcher

Seems like a bit too much but I’ll have to play test it to be sure.

My guess is you’ll see what I mean quickly. It’s not only how many PWs there are it’s that they respawn really quickly. IMO anyway.

I think that if you’re stupid enough to get in a Warthog or a Ghost in that map, you might as well just kill yourself - in game… :wink:

No one touches vehicles because of the weapons. I’m sure that isn’t what the map was made for.

> I think that if you’re stupid enough to get in a Warthog or a Ghost in that map, you might as well just kill yourself - in game… :wink:
>
> No one touches vehicles because of the weapons. I’m sure that isn’t what the map was made for.

I disagree. I have seen many players gladly jumping into vehicles and shredding through the other team.

> My friend and I were exploring it in forge and we counted
>
> 2 sniper rifles
> 2 rocket launchers
> 2 shotguns
> 1 Spartan laser
> 1 plasma launcher
>
> Seems like a bit too much but I’ll have to play test it to be sure.

Do you consider the grenade launcher in the pelican to be a power weapon?

> > I think that if you’re stupid enough to get in a Warthog or a Ghost in that map, you might as well just kill yourself - in game… :wink:
> >
> > No one touches vehicles because of the weapons. I’m sure that isn’t what the map was made for.
>
> I disagree. I have seen many players gladly jumping into vehicles and shredding through the other team.

Just in my experience anyway. I played a bit tonight with some “newer” players, (That weren’t very good) and they went in the the vehicles a lot. Then again, no one picked up any power weapons so they got away with it.

I just wish they leave the Map as Is it is however I doubt it will stay this way as there is a very large thread over at B.net Optimatch forums started by Jeremiah and pople are begging for removal of many PW or increasing the respawn time.

The map has plenty of areas to cover your self with to avoid snipers and such but then again that is my personal opinion.

I found it really depends on who you are playing with. If both teams keep a sniper going it can stay pretty evenly matched, although at this point a lot of people just sit on the sniper spawn so it was pretty easy to take them out, people aren’t moving around much yet it seems. When that occurred usually the laser would be taken out fairly quickly and then vehicles were able to get into it. As long as they were moving they weren’t taken out too quickly by any power weapons.

If you had one team that played well together vs one where everyone tried to lone wolf it got ugly quick. I did notice that you don’t get many people out in the middle of the map though, people learned quick to stay out of there. Big team battle might help with a few more players. By the end of many games it felt like a ghost town as people were hiding.

It’s actually the fast spawn times on all of these weapons that create a problem, not the weapons themselves.

It’s a map designed to play similar to Sandtarp. Quick vehicle and power weapon respawns. Learn to like it or play BTB snipers :wink:

So far it has played fine to me.

They need to decrease the amount of rockets in the launcher by two rockets to keep it balanced.

I think the amount of power weapons are fine, just need to decrease the ammo in snipes and rockets.

I like the map how it is. Except maybe in a future version throw a few banshees/falcons.

I didn’t really have any problems with the power weapons.

The problem is not just that there are so many PWs on this one map, it’s also the re-spawn time. It’s ridiculous.

I’ve been waiting on them to fix this forever. Doesn’t seem like it would take that long. Just quickly tweak the spawn timers on all the power weapons or maybe reduce the amount of power weapons.

> I’ve been waiting on them to fix this forever. Doesn’t seem like it would take that long. Just quickly tweak the spawn timers on all the power weapons or maybe reduce the amount of power weapons.

I am not sure if your aware they have changed it. Condemned was also “tweaked”.

All power weapons except for the shotgun have been changed.

Longer respawns, less ammo.

This isn’t a fix for me, this is a fun nerf for me. [:(]