The NOT Einstein enigma...

You can’t quite grasp why Halo 5 doesn’t feel like a classic Halo game?

I’ve seen this kind of questionning over and over, I think I can help here…

Good news, you’re not alone!

Here’s 28 tips from actual facts, including some questioning.

If you’re clever enough, you will be able to resolve this “NOT Einstein enigma” —>

“WHY 343’S HALO 5 DOESN’T FEEL LIKE A MASTERPIECE, CLASSIC HALO FROM BUNGIE?.”

Tips & thoughts to help you answer this enigma :

1. Bungie created Halo.
  2. Bungie was discovered by “hard to impress”, master visionnaire, Steve Jobs.
  3. Bungie impressed Steve Jobs (that is rare).
  4. Almost whatever Steve Jobs touched, turned into gold.
  5. Steve Jobs touched Bungie.
  6. Bungie was confirmed gold, was gold, and created gold.
  7. Bungie created Halo, a legendary game franchise, praised worlwide for its quality and its originality.
  8. They did create Halo while in a contract with Microsoft.
  9. Unlike steve jobs, Microsoft sometimes shines, sometimes fails big time.
  10. But remember that Bungie was discovered by “hard to impress”, master visionnaire, Steve Jobs.
  11. They created gold, despite being for Microsoft, because Bungie is gold anyway, confirmed by “hard to impress”, master visionnaire, Steve Jobs.
  12. Later, Bungie left Microsoft, to join with “money grabbing” Activision.
  13. Bungie created unfinished, rushed to the market (by Activision), money grabbing Destiny, that took 1 year after realease to be Gold, but, still was (is), money grabbing Gold.
  14. Microsoft wanted to keep their system selling franchise, Halo, despite not having golden Bungie to create it.
  15. Microsoft created a brand new studio, called 343, to continue what Bungie started.
  16. 343 is a brand new studio, with no experience in game making as a team.
  17. This brand new studio, with no experience in game making as a team, had to meet the expectations of gamers who wanted to enjoy sequels to Halo, the legendary game franchise created by Bungie, a golden studio discovered by “hard to impress”, master visionnaire, Steve Jobs…
  18. 343 created their FIRST Halo, called Halo 4.
  19. 343 received ok reviews from critics, and average reviews by players.
  20. 343 had to create a compilation of all the classic Bungie’s Halo + their own, to content players until the next Halo, Halo 5.
  21. They took 3 of Bungie’s masterpieces, plus their average game, put them together, and they managed to create a total, unplayable, mess called The Master Chief Collection.
  22. Steve Jobs wouldn’t have touch a company that failed at putting 3 masterpieces (plus an average game) together, creating a total mess called The Master Chief collection.
  23. 343 is not gold.
  24. 343 is a new studio, with 1 average game and 1 total failure.
  25. You’re asking this particular studio to create sequels to the masterpieces created by Bungie, a golden studio discovered by “hard to impress”, master visionnaire, Steve Jobs.
  26. Are you dreaming your life away?
  27. If you have Mozart in your musical band, and Mozart die, can you create, on your own, brand new, original Mozart music?
  28. Do you get it now?

Please write your answers to the enigma below.

There is little enigma solving to do here.
All big studios backed up by large corporations have little time for creativity and art. From an artist perspective, most FPS out there look all the same, with the exception of Destiny which retains a unique visual style. Those big studios are all pressed too generate revenues, follow trends, and do not to cater to artistic talent, take risks or stray from the pack.
Hoping to see more and more AAA games in the future coming from independent devs, the technology is far more affordable nowadays than a decade ago and a even a small team can deliver a good product.

Single player and campaign are what interest me and what I enjoy doing in the few gaming hours available to me. MCC was a success in my book, now having all the Halo campaigns but Reach at my fingertips.
Probably a good decade older than the average user here, so yeah, not a big fan of all the gimmicks and trendy stuff, I like my headshots swift and simple :slight_smile:

That said, Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.

> 2533274804585157;2:
> There is little enigma solving to do here.
> All big studios backed up by large corporations have little time for creativity and art. From an artist perspective, most FPS out there look all the same, with the exception of Destiny which retains a unique visual style. Those big studios are all pressed too generate revenues, follow trends, and do not to cater to artistic talent, take risks or stray from the pack.
> Hoping to see more and more AAA games in the future coming from independent devs, the technology is far more affordable nowadays than a decade ago and a even a small team can deliver a good product.
>
> Single player and campaign are what interest me and what I enjoy doing in the few gaming hours available to me. MCC was a success in my book, now having all the Halo campaigns but Reach at my fingertips.
> Probably a good decade older than the average user here, so yeah, not a big fan of all the gimmicks and trendy stuff, I like my headshots swift and simple :slight_smile:
>
> That said, Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.

Agreed.

And look at your last sentence, everything is in there —> “Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.”

We did not talk this way about Halo 1 to 3, we said “Those campaigns are amazing!”.

Now we’re just, yeah, they’re cool.

Halo’s campaigns are not supposed to be just “enjoyable” or “cool”, they’re supposed to be masterpieces… :wink:

> 2533274816948573;3:
> > 2533274804585157;2:
> > There is little enigma solving to do here.
> > All big studios backed up by large corporations have little time for creativity and art. From an artist perspective, most FPS out there look all the same, with the exception of Destiny which retains a unique visual style. Those big studios are all pressed too generate revenues, follow trends, and do not to cater to artistic talent, take risks or stray from the pack.
> > Hoping to see more and more AAA games in the future coming from independent devs, the technology is far more affordable nowadays than a decade ago and a even a small team can deliver a good product.
> >
> > Single player and campaign are what interest me and what I enjoy doing in the few gaming hours available to me. MCC was a success in my book, now having all the Halo campaigns but Reach at my fingertips.
> > Probably a good decade older than the average user here, so yeah, not a big fan of all the gimmicks and trendy stuff, I like my headshots swift and simple :slight_smile:
> >
> > That said, Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.
>
>
> Agreed.
>
> And look at your last sentence, everything is in there —> “Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.”
>
> We did not talk this way about Halo 1 to 3, we said “Those campaigns are amazing!”.
>
> Now we’re just, yeah, they’re cool.
>
> Halo’s campaigns are not supposed to be just “enjoyable” or “cool”, they’re supposed to be masterpieces… :wink:

Lol, I have a soft spot for the Master Chief, he makes all campaigns masterpieces :wink:
No but seriously, have so much emotional baggage with the original Bungie games and the Chief and Marty’s music, perhaps because it was the franchise that got me playing video games, he’ll always be larger than life. Hope will see more of him, the story was left wide open for that.

> 2533274816948573;1:
> 4. Almost whatever Steve Jobs touched, turned into gold.

Steve Jobs never turned anything into gold. He just spray paints them a gold color and people buy into it.

What were the aggregate review scores for Guardians again?

Jesus -Yoinking!- Christ!

> 2533274976244936;6:
> What were the aggregate review scores for Guardians again?

Games are made for gamers, go check the user score average on Meta Critics, and tell me about it… :wink:

> 2533274804585157;4:
> > 2533274816948573;3:
> > > 2533274804585157;2:
> > > There is little enigma solving to do here.
> > > All big studios backed up by large corporations have little time for creativity and art. From an artist perspective, most FPS out there look all the same, with the exception of Destiny which retains a unique visual style. Those big studios are all pressed too generate revenues, follow trends, and do not to cater to artistic talent, take risks or stray from the pack.
> > > Hoping to see more and more AAA games in the future coming from independent devs, the technology is far more affordable nowadays than a decade ago and a even a small team can deliver a good product.
> > >
> > > Single player and campaign are what interest me and what I enjoy doing in the few gaming hours available to me. MCC was a success in my book, now having all the Halo campaigns but Reach at my fingertips.
> > > Probably a good decade older than the average user here, so yeah, not a big fan of all the gimmicks and trendy stuff, I like my headshots swift and simple :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > That said, Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.
> >
> >
> > Agreed.
> >
> > And look at your last sentence, everything is in there —> “Halo 4 and 5 have enjoyable campaigns, I have no problem with the stories, actually glad there is one.”
> >
> > We did not talk this way about Halo 1 to 3, we said “Those campaigns are amazing!”.
> >
> > Now we’re just, yeah, they’re cool.
> >
> > Halo’s campaigns are not supposed to be just “enjoyable” or “cool”, they’re supposed to be masterpieces… :wink:
>
>
> Lol, I have a soft spot for the Master Chief, he makes all campaigns masterpieces :wink:
> No but seriously, have so much emotional baggage with the original Bungie games and the Chief and Marty’s music, perhaps because it was the franchise that got me playing video games, he’ll always be larger than life. Hope will see more of him, the story was left wide open for that.

Same here! :slight_smile:

I wish they would hire Joseph Staten to write the story again. I feel like the campaigns are missing that bit of magic that made the original trilogy so great in my eyes. Plus I much preferred the military sci-fi story to the avenger / super hero like story under 343.

> 2533274960455648;10:
> I wish they would hire Joseph Staten to write the story again. I feel like the campaigns are missing that bit of magic that made the original trilogy so great in my eyes. Plus I much preferred the military sci-fi story to the avenger / super hero like story under 343.

This.