The Next Step

As you should all know, the weapon update is nearly upon us.
We’re all expecting, or at least hoping, that this update will resolve most, if not all, of our weapon problems.
With that being known, we should now move on to the next step.
This thread is to be used to decide what the next step is.
Initially, we should all post our opinions and form a line-up of the bigger issues in Halo 4.
After a while, I’ll create a poll consisting of said issues.
Once such time comes, you may all vote for what you think should be 343’s point of focus.
This should help 343 make their decision based on clear poll results.
Thank You.
Previously Mentioned Issues
[/li]- Descope vs Flinch
- Aim Assist and Bullet Magnetism
- Flawed and/or Missing Gametypes and Playlists
- Object Despawn Timer (This ties in with ordnance.)
- Theater
- Static Weapon Spawns*

If descope was added this game would be completely set.

less magnetism and Auto Aim.
Those might drive me insane, as both low kill times and high AA and Magnetism have never been in a Halo game before. (the faster the kill times, the less AA and Magnetism, in every past halo game.)

Tie a programmer to a computer with a dog collar until he gives me back my falcon?

> Tie a programmer to a computer with a dog collar until he gives me back my falcon?

I understand you want the Falcon back, as do I.
However, let’s be realistic and only mention issues that can be resolved.
Thank You.

Aren’t there already threads created for giving feedback for Halo 4?

> Aren’t there already threads created for giving feedback for Halo 4?

Literally everything in the Halo 4 Forums is feedback.
Just saying.

I would love de-scoping back. Seriously, when someone runs up behind me shooting I really wish it would de-scope me so I can turn around fast enough to save myself…

…and flinch is pretty pathetic honestly. Seriously, if I was getting shot at, I would run FASTER not slower. Not to mention the dude can flip a tank, so why the flinch from tiny bullets?

They should seriously drop flinch and give us our descoping, it would not only eliminate Cross-Map DMRing but it would also encourage strategy.

I’m okay with Aim-Assist, but Bullet Magnetism is a little bit… Unnecessary…

It should take skill to play the game, the game shouldn’t play it for you.

Descope is pretty much out of the question for Halo 4. 343 said that it would require a huge TU to implement descope, and they don’t want to spend so much time and resources on descope when they can be focused on improving the game otherwise. So, I say the next step would be adding more playlists or more game modes in Custom Games.

The slow-down effect when shot is extremely annoying.

> > Tie a programmer to a computer with a dog collar until he gives me back my falcon?
>
> I understand you want the Falcon back, as do I.
> However, let’s be realistic and only mention issues that can be resolved.
> Thank You.

Support for the falcon now only helps us build our case for it’s return in Halo 5.

Besides I was just being a bit cheeky… I think the most important thing moving forward is the return of gametypes… customs are dead in Halo 4.

1. Muting people with the right stick while holding the back button (like in every previous Halo), instead of holding the back button and having to use the D-pad.

2. Being able to go into the Theater with other people. This left in Reach, and really sucked to not be able to go and watch something with your party that happened in the previous game. This was do-able in Halo 3 with 3 other people in the party! So every time I want to go record something awesome, I have to leave the party, have friends wait or move on without me, and then reunite the party.

3. Include a bar across all party members like all other Halos so it can be seen if you are going up against a team, etc. Or connect the player cards somehow so this can be seen.

4. Weapon disappearing time. Increase it!

5. Weapons also on map. I think everyone gets tired of running out of ammo.

Significant amounts of content are still missing from Custom Games. It’d be as good a next step as any, IMO.

I vote for descope. I think the weapons update will fix the auto aim and magnetism on most weapons.

> Significant amounts of content are still missing from Custom Games. It’d be as good a next step as any, IMO.

If Theater won’t get fixed, I have low hopes for Customs.

> > Significant amounts of content are still missing from Custom Games. It’d be as good a next step as any, IMO.
>
> If Theater won’t get fixed, I have low hopes for Customs.

Theater is hardcoded and changing it would involve direct edits to the game engine. Most of the Custom Game content is scripted – “softcoded”.

The majority of what the community is asking for should be well within 343i’s technical capabilities. We know what Megalo’s capabilities were in Reach, and looking at Halo 4’s gametypes, most of those same building blocks and core functions are still there and still scriptable. If 343i doesn’t restore Custom Games to their former glory, then I’ll hope it’s for a good reason, but I’ll know that the reason has nothing to do with technical limitations.

The next step will most likely be the introduction of Legendary Slayer. The new weapon update is going to split the community pretty heavily (just look at what happened with throwing Slayer Pro into IS/BTIS…) amongst the hardcore competitive and the not-so competitive. Some want an easier game and others want nothing but the most unforgiving gameplay.

Legendary Slayer was discussed as the bridge that would take the place between IS and Team Throwdown in terms of skill. Traditional even starts and weapon spawns are a must. The middle ground of Halo needs its own stomping ground in order for the game to start growing.

> > > Significant amounts of content are still missing from Custom Games. It’d be as good a next step as any, IMO.
> >
> > If Theater won’t get fixed, I have low hopes for Customs.
>
> Theater is hardcoded and changing it would involve direct edits to the game engine. Most of the Custom Game content is scripted – “softcoded”.
>
> The majority of what the community is asking for should be well within 343i’s technical capabilities. We know what Megalo’s capabilities were in Reach, and looking at Halo 4’s gametypes, most of those same building blocks and core functions are still there and still scriptable. If 343i doesn’t restore Custom Games to their former glory, then I’ll hope it’s for a good reason, but I’ll know that the reason has nothing to do with technical limitations.

I can’t think of a good reason that could possibly cover their -Yoinks!- on that one.

Improve customs in general. In my case i want more flood options.