The next Halo release.

Just out of curiosity, when will the next Halo game be announced/released?

I’d just like to know whether I’m safe to splash my cash before I start saving up for the next game.

I’ve heard that it will be released with the X720 next year, is it true?

> Just out of curiosity, when will the next Halo game be announced/released?
>
> I’d just like to know whether I’m safe to splash my cash before I start saving up for the next game.
>
> I’ve heard that it will be released with the X720 next year, is it true?

I heard they were releasing a new Halo game every 2 years, so you can expect Halo 5 sometime in 2014. Also you probably shouldn’t hold your breath for a spin off game between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Spartan Ops pretty much covers that.

> I heard they were releasing a new Halo game every 2 years, so you can expect Halo 5 sometime in 2014. Also you probably shouldn’t hold your breath for a spin off game between Halo 4 and Halo 5, Spartan Ops pretty much covers that.

I think that the plan is every 3 years, with other companies making snip-off games in between. A new main game every two years would leave four years afterwards just for spinoffs. It is rumored that there is a Halo 2: Anniversary in the works, probably by the same company that made CEA.

Also, this would belong in General Discussion, Halo Universe is for discussing the lore that exists within Halo.

You have a good 3 years before Halo 5 releases, and the Xbox 720 will most likely be held back till 2014 itself, just for the sake of refining the technology.

The Xbox 720 is being revelaed in E3 of 2013, while being released in the Winter of 2013… So the rumor goes.

Halo 2 Anniversary (Honor Guard sexiness! Also, Halo 2 sexiness!) will be released on November 9, 2014 (10 years after it’s original release)… Assuming it is being remade (and I pray it is!)

Halo 5 will be released, at the earliest, late 2015 (main Halo game every 3 years). Though with how much Halo 4 was missing, I would expect Halo 5 to be released early 2016.

I’d say save your cash for the big release. It isn’t that far now.

And Halo 2 anniversary isn’t being made I reckon. Halo CE was a legendary kickstarter for the Halo’s campaign and so it was remade , Halo 2 falls short for the campaign, if multiplayer aspects of it are excluded.

> You have a good 3 years before Halo 5 releases, and the Xbox 720 will most likely be held back till 2014 itself, just for the sake of refining the technology.

As a matter of fact, the most likely scenario as far as the release of the Next-box is conserned is that it will be released in 2013. I would be very, very surprised if it didn’t.

As for Halo 5, it won’t come in 2013, that we can be certain about. 2014 is as likely as 2015, but my personal bet is on 2015.

My money’s on the next gen xbox in 2014, and halo 5 in 2015.

With the release of the next gen system, you might get something like a halo 2 anniversary that will be playable on both the next gen and the 360. But Halo is counted on for big sales, but won’t sell systems at launch by itself anymore IMO. It’ll come later, after there is a bit of a customer base for halo 5, probably with a drop in price or custom next gen box to pick up the stragglers like me :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe that the machinima side of things should be considered a little more heavily not just for the purpose of Machinima but also for a great atmosphere of gaming and a whole new level of forging, theatre, and so forth… I mean, roosterteeth was part of the reason theatre mode came into play right? Of course it was also for recording awsome headshots and taking sum sweet pictures to show yourself off. But I think it should be thought out a little more. Take forge for instance, I didnt see any improvement for forging great maps for machinima other than its now faster to forge. Everything seems to have been downgraded from a filming aspect. Your weapon raises when you move (while lowered offline) and goes down when you stop. If you have all of the extra information off of the screen in theatre meaning the HUD info it still shows you who killed who. Directors.have to work around that.

Im sure 343 is not super enthusiastic on helping out the machinima community but I think some of the following things could really be helpful and really bring back the old days on when it was respected more.

1. Bigger forge maps…
    Maps like Forge world from halo reach were perfect. I think if they made maps like Forge World from reach, Avalanche from halo 3, Sandbox from halo 3. But put in all the new additions like magnets. That could really help.
  2. More forge items…
    I believe that a more wide variety of items of different sizes, shapes, and colors would be great. I do not think that everything should be “UNSC” themed. I think there should be more creative buildings, walls, windows, ladders, bridges etc… I didnt see much of anything new to the halo 4 forge except a couple buildings specificly designed for that map. That was nice but there wasnt alot to it. I think that there should be Covanent themed items, and forunner theme items for forge. Again a wide variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. Not specificly “themed” what they are. More color for forge would be nice as well. Think about all the maps that were made in halo reach. What were people trying to get across that they couldnt due to a lack of specific items? Even simple otems like a street light or a road. Mabye have a massive floor piece bigger than the grid in halo 4 for big city maps.
  3. Bring Other species back into the players options to choose. Elites, and mabye even forrunners… Even if they can be set to not be allowed to be used in certain online war games it would be a great feature for machinima!
  4. Allow Weapons to be lowered online in Custom Games, Forge, and mabye even Campaign…
    I think that allowing weapons to be lowered in Custom games while online would be a great feature!
    Even forge mode would be grwat to allow weapons lowered online. Also I think it would be nice to have a game option in the forge menu to low forced colors to be off.
  5. Weather changes, times changes, and envirorment changes…
    I think a great addition to halo would be to allow weather changes to all of the custom maps. Have the weather changes as an option below or above special effects. They would completely change the way fhe envorment looks and feels and could really set the mood for a wonderful scene without having fake visual effects and corny lighting. Weather changes such as Snow, Rain, Storm, and possibly hurricane but that could end up not looking good. Even taking just the snow rain and storm effects and being able to adjust the level of how intense you want the effect to be would be amazing!
    The time changes would be great! Morning, afternoon, dusk, night. Just simple coloring changes to switch up how everything looks and feels would be amazing. This is one thing I have been specificly hoping and dreaming for in Halo!
    -John
    BlackPhoenixStudios “ISN1P3RYOU”