The next Halo game after Halo 4...

I read Franky say in an interview a long time ago that he likes how a new CoD game comes out every year.

This makes me think that 343/-Yoink!- may have another Halo in the works for the next holiday season. We know it can’t be Halo 5, but what if it’s something like ODST, or a story following a sqad of Spartan 4s? What if we get to play as Arby? If so, I imagine it’s multiplayer will be an expansion of maps that are added to H4’s MM.

I’m just speculating. What are your thoughts on this, or what can you add?

The Arbiter opens a chain of restaurants on Earth that sell poorly made food for more money than it’s worth.

He calls it Arby’s.

Haha unsuprisingly when both Franky and the Manager of Halo 4 were both asked whether Halo would be an annual release or if Halo 2 would be released they avoided giving a straight yes or no answer, saying that “they werent planning on doing this but it would depend on how things went with the saga”.

My opinion, me thinks 343i isnt calling the shots when deciding how frequently Halo games are released.
Honestly speaking I would rather 343i introduced a new elite prrotagonist alongside the arbitor.

Im not sure how they would convince Keith David to come back considering his conncetion was more with Bungie than the franchise.

No more human perspective. It’s boring!

When I read Glasslands and Thurstday War, I skipped all the sections involving only humans.

Elites, Brutes, Knights, Flood. Plenty to choose from. It wouldn’t be too hard to convey their capabilities.

Elites: like in Reach with built-in Evade (distance similar to Halo 4 Chief’s thruster pack)

Brutes: fast melees, can use human weapons, equipment, built-in berserk (gives a short burst of speed and higher jump capability, long wait to use again)

Knights: built-in teleport (like Sprint), Auto Sentry AA, Watcher equipment, jump AA, zig zag AA, force field equipment, statis field equipment, flame sword drains with each kill and needs to be recharged (i.e. by killing enough enemies)

Flood: high jump, very fast

343 is working on relesing halo 5 by next year from what i have read in articles. Though thia could be changed

Halo wars 2!!!

I’m all for more Halo.

Just not that kind of halo.

I’ve stopped buy CoD games long ago for that reason. Halo is no different. I’m not going to buy a DLC every year for $60.

> No more human perspective. It’s boring!
>
> When I read Glasslands and Thurstday War, I skipped all the sections involving only humans.
>
> Elites, Brutes, Knights, Flood. Plenty to choose from. It wouldn’t be too hard to convey their capabilities.
>
> Elites: like in Reach with built-in Evade (distance similar to Halo 4 Chief’s thruster pack)
>
> Brutes: fast melees, can use human weapons, equipment, built-in berserk (gives a short burst of speed and higher jump capability, long wait to use again)
>
> Knights: built-in teleport (like Sprint), Auto Sentry AA, Watcher equipment, jump AA, zig zag AA, force field equipment, statis field equipment, flame sword drains with each kill and needs to be recharged (i.e. by killing enough enemies)
>
> Flood: high jump, very fast

I have to disagree. Although I love the perspective of the other races, Halo just wouldn’t be Halo without the primary focus being the humans. Now other perspectives, I suppose, though it would be weird like Halo 2 in that way, but purely other races? No way.

Say what you will about Arby’s but I love their roast beef sandwiches!

I wouldn’t mind seeing a campaign only title in the next year. Maybe a discount price, but I want the main halo saga to continue to be every 2 or 3 yrs

Please let me be a marine in the UNSC.

Or continue ODST as a sequel or something. Just refine everything in ODST and add more missions in campaign.

Why would anyone wanted to be a mere marine in halo universe when you can be a spartan? or ODST, I love the ODST.s but they are minor factor in halo universe. And you really need to stop comparing cod and halo.

I think the next halo game that needs to come out needs to be HALO WARS 2. I think that, that game made a loud speak for halo because it shows how the franchise can expand and move. I also wouldn’t mind a game that did have the covenant side of a story line I really hated how in halo reach and halo 4 how you could only be humans but back in the good old days of halo 3 you could be elites too. They were always fun to play as.

Like 343 recently told news reporters, they are seriously considering killing Master Chief by the end of the Reclaimer saga. While it’s quite sad, I think it’s for the better. Many people love Master Chief but there isn’t much more story that he can be involved in. It’s starting to be, run over there press a few buttons and evacuate before the building falls on you and kill off yet another great sidekick(Sgt Johnson & Cortana), too repetitive if you ask me!
343 need to remember how good the response was to games without Master Chief(Reach and ODST)
Reach or ODST had a better story line than all Master Chief involved Halos combined!In my opinion. I know it isn’t possible for a Reach 2, but Bungie left ODST open for a sequel! Anyone with me, ODST 2?

A game going back to the Forerunner-Human war the Librarian speaks of would be good. A dual-sided campaign - one following the Didact, the other a high-ranking Human, similar to Halo 2’s approach.

Or a game based around Harvest, with Johnson as the main character.

How about a follow up to ODST, or Wars. Unfinished stories there.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Infinity engage in another space battle against the Covenant. Of course, a good story would be based around the Sangheili civil war, involving the Arbiter.

The next season of Spartan Ops could be a full game, possibly.

Remake of Halo 2, when all other ideas have been exhausted.

Insurrectionist Conflict? Combat within our own solar system etc would be good.

> No more human perspective. It’s boring!

Your boring…and quite stupid.

I think that they need to some how make the flood come back next game. i kinda miss that kinda infection and horror. i also wish that they would change the feel of the game. like halo 3. i think it was like the perfect halo by far. they somehow need to combine halo 3 and the halo reach credit system. with that credit system it made it feel like you actually bought something. once they did that they can make certain items obtainable by make certain achievements unlock certain armors. they also need to add the reach space of forge and halo 4’s new features of forge. to me this would be an amazing game. another thing i don’t like about halo 4 is that they do not have good armor. like most of the armor looks ugly. almost nothing looks good together. but when they fix all of this everyone will pile on.

> 343 is working on relesing halo 5 by next year from what i have read in articles. Though thia could be changed

Any information other than “Halo 5 will be released sometime in the future” is nothing but rumors and lies. If 343i was planning on releasing Halo 5 next year, it would be a very stupid move on their part as well as Microsoft’s. I also want to point out that 343i is looking forward to the next 10 years. Which leaves me to believe that they aren’t going to release Halo 4-6 a year apart from each other.

As for other Halo games being released every year, that’s not that bad of an idea, as long as it’s either not a full game, it’s not on the same platform (IE PC or Xbox), not the same type of game (IE First Person Shooter or RTS), and/or isn’t the main story.

The nice thing about games, is you can have more than one game with it’s own story arc. Yes some people dislike Halo ODST, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach because they don’t have the Master chief. BUT, the chief’s story isn’t the only story to tell, there are other spartans, like the other spartan 2s that was trapped in Onyx, the spartan 3’s that was also trapped in Onyx, and the Spartan 4s. We also have ODST’s, and many others that have their own story to tell, and having a ODST like game released every year or so it’s a bad idea, as long as it follows the guidelines I pointed out.

> I read Franky say in an interview a long time ago that he likes how a new CoD game comes out every year.
>
> This makes me think that 343/-Yoink!- may have another Halo in the works for the next holiday season. We know it can’t be Halo 5, but what if it’s something like ODST, or a story following a sqad of Spartan 4s? What if we get to play as Arby? If so, I imagine it’s multiplayer will be an expansion of maps that are added to H4’s MM.
>
> I’m just speculating. What are your thoughts on this, or what can you add?

I wouldn’t mind Halo 4: ODST.